Multiple Officers Shot in Baton Rouge - 3 Dead
(07-17-2016, 01:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 12:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 11:18 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: 3 dead, and possibly a 4th.

This is all on Obama.  He has constantly chided the police and created this atmosphere of hate against the police.  He always  jumps to conclusions and is always on the side of his black peeps, even before all the evidence is in and even when it has been proven the police acted appropriately. He invites Black Live Matter, a domestic terror organization, to the White House, which is no surprise as he has invited other terror organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood to visit him there.  He is a great Divider-in-Chief.  Divide and conquer is his motto.  Fuck this POS.

I knew you would blame Obama because your brain is broken. Try this scenario on and see if it doesn't fit a little better. It's symptom free of your psychotic politics that causes you to blame Obama for damn near every problem you see. 

The recent violence against police is a direct result of the killings of two black men that appear to be unjustified. As you know, police killing unarmed black men came under scrutiny a couple years ago when several other black men died at the hands of police. The simple truth are that black people are tired of it. All that was needed was a couple of black men crazy enough to strike back and now that has happened. No Obama was required to cause this violence.

You left out the part where the cops shot a man on the ground who WAS reaching for a gun that was in his pocket and so all the fucking IDIOTS just assume the cops murdered him.

And instead you say killings of two black men that appear to be unjustified.

"appearance be unjustified " to whom?

By the videos that have been circulated, of course. That's what everyone gets to see for themselves. Was the guy reaching for the gun in his pocket. I don't know. I have no way of knowing.

The black community has seen a pretty long history of being mistreated so it's not really a surprise they see more of the same. Right or wrong, there it is.

The videos that have been circulated?  Neither show a damn thing.  The Baton Rogue video shows two officers struggling on the ground with a black male that has an illegal gun in his pocket.  You can't see if he was trying to get the gun out of his pocket.  The cops say he was.  If he hadn't had that gun he would be alive.  You would think he would no better after 2 previous arrests for a concealed gun.  I guess not.

The other video was shot and live streamed after the shooting so how and the hell do you know what happened?  From the girlfriend who shot the video?  She was given authorties two different accounts as to what happened.  And it wasn't a random taillight out- driving while black stop- .  They were stopped because the male resembled a robbery suspect.  You have no idea if he was reaching for his gun or not.
(07-17-2016, 02:41 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 12:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I knew you would blame Obama because your brain is broken. Try this scenario on and see if it doesn't fit a little better. It's symptom free of your psychotic politics that causes you to blame Obama for damn near every problem you see. 

The recent violence against police is a direct result of the killings of two black men that appear to be unjustified. As you know, police killing unarmed black men came under scrutiny a couple years ago when several other black men died at the hands of police. The simple truth are that black people are tired of it. All that was needed was a couple of black men crazy enough to strike back and now that has happened. No Obama was required to cause this violence.

You left out the part where the cops shot a man on the ground who WAS reaching for a gun that was in his pocket and so all the fucking IDIOTS just assume the cops murdered him.

By the videos that have been circulated, of course. That's what everyone gets to see for themselves. Was the guy reaching for the gun in his pocket. I don't know. I have no way of knowing.

The black community has seen a pretty long history of being mistreated so it's not really a surprise they see more of the same. Right or wrong, there it is.

OK Buy I said "appearance be unjustified " to whom? Not why. I know that people assumed the cops killed him just because he was black.
It looked to clear to me that the man was resisting and trying to go for the gun that was in his pocket.
Of course if I was some angry black I would see something else.
You don't have the black and angry to see a lot of black people are being killed by police. Look at how many white people attend those protest rallies.

Yeah look how many people believe in Bigfoot or that 911 was an inside job. Or Chem trails.
Of course white people can believe the same bullshit that so many blacks believe.

a lot of black people are being killed by police

A lot of black people are killed by the police because a lot of black people commit a lot of crime.

52% of ALL homicides are committed the 13% of our population that is black.
(07-17-2016, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: You left out the part where the cops shot a man on the ground who WAS reaching for a gun that was in his pocket and so all the fucking IDIOTS just assume the cops murdered him.

OK Buy I said "appearance be unjustified " to whom? Not why. I know that people assumed the cops killed him just because he was black.
It looked to clear to me that the man was resisting and trying to go for the gun that was in his pocket.
You don't have the black and angry to see a lot of black people are being killed by police. Look at how many white people attend those protest rallies.

Yeah look how many people believe in Bigfoot or that 911 was an inside job. Or Chem trails.
Of course white people can believe the same bullshit that so many blacks believe.

A lot of black people are killed by the police because a lot of black people commit a lot of crime.

I think that's a fair statement. I believe a lot of this sentiment is boiling over from more basic discrimination. Walking or driving while black sort of thing. It doesn't have to be logical or even true if the sentiment is reaching a boiling point about equality.
(07-17-2016, 03:17 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:

This is all on Obama.  He has constantly chided the police and created this atmosphere of hate against the police.  He always  jumps to conclusions and is always on the side of his black peeps, even before all the evidence is in and even when it has been proven the police acted appropriately. He invites Black Live Matter, a domestic terror organization, to the White House, which is no surprise as he has invited other terror organizations like the Muslim Brotherhood to visit him there.  He is a great Divider-in-Chief.  Divide and conquer is his motto.  Fuck this POS.

I knew you would blame Obama because your brain is broken. Try this scenario on and see if it doesn't fit a little better. It's symptom free of your psychotic politics that causes you to blame Obama for damn near every problem you see. 

The videos that have been circulated?  Neither show a damn thing.  The Baton Rogue video shows two officers struggling on the ground with a black male that has an illegal gun in his pocket.  You can't see if he was trying to get the gun out of his pocket.  The cops say he was.  If he hadn't had that gun he would be alive.  You would think he would no better after 2 previous arrests for a concealed gun.  I guess not.

The other video was shot and live streamed after the shooting so how and the hell do you know what happened?  From the girlfriend who shot the video?  She was given authorties two different accounts as to what happened.  And it wasn't a random taillight out- driving while black stop- .  They were stopped because the male resembled a robbery suspect.  You have no idea if he was reaching for his gun or not.

Yep, now you're catching on.
(07-17-2016, 01:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:05 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

The vast majority of black death is the result of black on black crime. Why do they never get tired of this? Why do the black leaders refuse to talk about this or even acknowledge this?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Black leaders do talk and acknowledge it, just not on the sources you watch/read. I'm convinced you have selective hearing as well. Mental disorder? Probably.
I like it a jester you be. Yes the big dogs of the black world talk about the black on black thing all the time and the big dogs of the media world carry it. You be a funny guy!! Now on the mental disorder thing you have to do better, is that the best you can do is plagiarize the right? We all know us on the right use that to describe those on the left. Come on, I thought you were more clever then that. When you come up with a good insult I'll let you know. I'm a honest guy. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(07-17-2016, 03:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: By the videos that have been circulated, of course. That's what everyone gets to see for themselves. Was the guy reaching for the gun in his pocket. I don't know. I have no way of knowing.

I think that's a fair statement. I believe a lot of this sentiment is boiling over from more basic discrimination. Walking or driving while black sort of thing. It doesn't have to be logical or even true if the sentiment is reaching a boiling point about equality.

Bingo.You don't even have to be black. There are millions of white people who think their predicament is someone else fault.
Usually the police or the government or whatever. Anything to explain why it's not THEIR fault they are losers.
(07-17-2016, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: You left out the part where the cops shot a man on the ground who WAS reaching for a gun that was in his pocket and so all the fucking IDIOTS just assume the cops murdered him.

We have had this discussion a dozen times and I have provided statistics that show that when adjusted for population blacks are committing crimes at approximately the same rate as white people. However, a black person is much more likely to get arrested and prosecuted for a crime than a white people is. 

And yes, I know that many gangs are made up of young black men. We are not talking about the poice killing gang members either. We are talking about the killings of unarmed black men and other petty criminals that the cops had under control. How about a man running in a park where the cops put quite a few bullets in the back of that man running away from them. Ring a bell?

More importantly, your statistics are meaningless when the situation is another black person laying dead on the ground in front of police. Like I said above, try your logic on black protestors. Let them know that they are not being discriminated against. Tell them that blacks just commit a lot of crimes and that's why the police sometimes shoot them. 

They are angry and have every right to be angry. My question in this thread and in the black lives matter thread is basically "can you see why black people are upset?" Apparently you can't or don't want to.
(07-17-2016, 05:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: By the videos that have been circulated, of course. That's what everyone gets to see for themselves. Was the guy reaching for the gun in his pocket. I don't know. I have no way of knowing.

We have had this discussion a dozen times and I have provided statistics that show that when adjusted for population blacks are committing crimes at approximately the same rate as white people. However, a black person is much more likely to get arrested and prosecuted for a crime than a white people is. 

And yes, I know that many gangs are made up of young black men. We are not talking about the poice killing gang members either. We are talking about the killings of unarmed black men and other petty criminals that the cops had under control. How about a man running in a park where the cops put quite a few bullets in the back of that man running away from them. Ring a bell?

More importantly, your statistics are meaningless when the situation is another black person laying dead on the ground in front of police. Like I said above, try your logic on black protestors. Let them know that they are not being discriminated against. Tell them that blacks just commit a lot of crimes and that's why the police sometimes shoot them. 

They are angry and have every right to be angry. My question in this thread and in the black lives matter thread is basically "can you see why black people are upset?" Apparently you can't or don't want to.

We have had this discussion a dozen times and I have provided statistics that show that when adjusted for population blacks are committing crimes at approximately the same rate as white people

You are going to have to show me that bullshit again.
So THIS is not true? 52% of ALL homicides are committed the 13% of our population that is black.

However, a black person is much more likely to get arrested and prosecuted for a crime than a white people is.

That may be true and it could be because of a LOT of things. For instance the TYPE of crimes blacks commit.

My stats are not meaningless because the anger and tension in Baton Rouge was because of a black man with a criminal record was fighting with police and trying to get his gun out of his pocket.

That a pretty stupid comment if I ever heard one.

Cletus...They are angry and have every right to be angry. My question in this thread and in the black lives matter thread is basically "can you see why black people are upset?" Apparently you can't or don't want to.

Sorry but of course I know why they are upset.. I just don't think they are justified to be upset.

It's FARCE that blacks are being targeted by white police. You helping that lie to grow have law enforcement blood on YOUR hands.
(07-17-2016, 05:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Cletus...They are angry and have every right to be angry. My question in this thread and in the black lives matter thread is basically "can you see why black people are upset?" Apparently you can't or don't want to.

Sorry but of course I know why they are upset.. I just don't think they are justified to be upset.

It's FARCE that blacks are being targeted by white police. You helping that lie to grow have law enforcement blood on YOUR hands.
This opinion article is long, but the logic is clean. Now I will go find some other statistics for you.

Aren’t more white people than black people killed by police? Yes, but no.

By Wesley Lowery July 11 
[Image: 505552872.jpg&w=1484]
Members of Black Lives Matter participate in the annual Martin Luther King Holiday Peace Walk and Parade in Washington, D.C.  (Alex Wong/Getty Images)
Dylan Noble died on the last Saturday of June.

Police in Fresno, Calif., received a report of a man walking a downtown street with a rifle, but when they arrived, they instead found Noble speeding by in his pickup truck.
When they tried to pull him over, the 19-year-old led police to a nearby gas station and then exited his car.

Dallas shooting updates
News and analysis on the deadliest day for police since 9/11.
“The driver then turned towards officers with one hand concealed behind his back, and told officers he hated his life,” the Fresno police department said in a statement. “As he continued to advance towards officers, an officer-involved shooting occurred.”

The department framed it as a “suicide by cop.” His family insisted that could not be the case, urged federal officials to investigate and demanded that video from the body cameras worn by both officers involved be released.

“I am outraged that the police would shoot my son and say that it is his fault,” Veronica Nelson, Noble’s mother, told reporters at a news conference not long after the shooting. “So please join me as I’m demanding justice for Dylan.”

Noble’s friends and family gathered for days at the gas station parking lot where he was killed — some waving Confederate flags and others chanting, “White lives matter.”

And soon, they were angry at their inability to garner more attention. At a time when dozens of police killings have prompted outrage, why hadn’t this one? Was it because Noble was white?
[Read more: Fatal shootings by police are up in the first six months of 2016]
Baton Rouge police move in on protesters

Many across the nation find themselves this week asking a similar question in the days since two recent police shootings of black men — in Baton Rouge and Falcon Heights, Minn. — have sparked nationwide protests:

Doesn’t the available data show more white Americans are being killed by police officers? Where is the outrage for them?

“If we have a shooting, we end up assuming that it had to be racial,” former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee ® said Saturday during an interview with Fox News, in which he argued that national concerns about police killings of black men are overblown

“When in fact, as we know … more white people have been shot by police officers this year than minorities,” he said.

Huckabee is not, factually, incorrect.

In 2015, The Washington Post launched a real-time database to track fatal police shootings, and the project continues this year. As of Sunday, 1,502 people have been shot and killed by on-duty police officers since Jan. 1, 2015. Of them, 732 were white, and 381 were black (and 382 were of another or unknown race).

But as data scientists and policing experts often note, comparing how many or how often white people are killed by police to how many or how often black people are killed by the police is statistically dubious unless you first adjust for population.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. White people make up roughly 62 percent of the U.S. population but only about 49 percent of those who are killed by police officers. African Americans, however, account for 24 percent of those fatally shot and killed by the police despite being just 13 percent of the U.S. population. As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

U.S. police officers have shot and killed the exact same number of unarmed white people as they have unarmed black people: 50 each. But because the white population is approximately five times larger than the black population, that means unarmed black Americans were five times as likely as unarmed white Americans to be shot and killed by a police officer.

[Unarmed and black: Police are still killing unarmed black men at higher rates than whites]
Police have shot and killed a young black man (ages 18 to 29) — such as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. —175 times since January 2015; 24 of them were unarmed. Over that same period, police have shot and killed 172 young white men, 18 of whom were unarmed. Once again, while in raw numbers there were similar totals of white and black victims, blacks were killed at rates disproportionate to their percentage of the U.S. population. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nation’s population.

And, when considering shootings confined within a single race, a black person shot and killed by police is more likely to have been unarmed than a white person. About 13 percent of all black people who have been fatally shot by police since January 2015 were unarmed, compared with 7 percent of all white people.

In response to these statistics, critics of police reform — often political conservatives and police unions — typically argue that the reason more black men and women are shot and killed by police is that black Americans commit more violent crime.

“There’s too much violence in the black community,” former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani said Sunday on CBS’s “Face The Nation.” “If you want to deal with this on the black side, you’ve got to teach your children to be respectful to the police, and you’ve got to teach your children that the real danger to them is not the police; the real danger to them, 99 out of 100 times, 9,900 out of 10,000 times, are other black kids who are going to kill them. That’s the way they’re gonna die.”

As the New York Daily News noted: Giuliani is wrong about the so-called black-on-black crime rate. According to FBI numbers from 2014, about 90 percent of black homicide victims were killed by other black people. The “white-on-white” murder rate that same year — homicides in which a white person was killed by another white person — was 82 percent of all murders of white people.

[How Philando Castile’s killing changed the way blacks talk about traffic stops]
But it is true that a disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes are committed by black Americans.

Because detailed FBI data on crime can lag by several years, the most-cited statistics on this point refer to 2009 data. According to that data, out of all violent crimes in which someone was charged, black Americans were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the country’s 75 biggest counties — despite the fact that black Americans made up just 15 percent of the population in those places.

“Such a concentration of criminal violence in minority communities means that officers will be disproportionately confronting armed and often resisting suspects in those communities, raising officers’ own risk of using lethal force,” wrote Heather Mac Donald, a conservative researcher, in a Wall Street Journal column headlined “The Myths of Black Lives Matter” that was originally published in February and re-published this weekend. The assertion that the black men and women killed by police are primarily violent criminals and the explanation for racial disparities in who gets killed by law enforcement is the premise of Mac Donald’s new book, “The War on Cops.

“Blacks are three times as likely to be killed by cops as are whites, on a per-capita basis,” Peter Moskos, a former Baltimore police officer and criminal justice researcher at John Jay College of Criminal Justice toldthe New York Times last April. “But part of that is because of crime in predominantly black neighborhoods.”

Despite these arguments, police reform advocates and researchers as well at The Post’s own analysis has consistently concluded that there is no correlation between violent crime and who is killed by police officers.

[White N.C. man arrested after pulling gun on deputy, who wrestled it away, sheriff says]
A 2015 study by a University of California at Davis researcher concluded there was “no relationship” between crime rates by race and racial bias in police killings. A report released last week by the Center for Policing Equity, which reviewed arrest and use-of-force data from 12 police departments, concluded that black residents were more often targeted for use of police force than white residents, even when adjusting for whether the person was a violent criminal.

“We’ve been hearing these arguments going around without any data or any evidence from folks who are saying that police are killing so many people — particularly black people — because they say black people are in high-crime communities and potentially involved in criminal activity,” Samuel Sinyangwe, a data analyst and activist with Campaign Zero — a policy-oriented activist collective associated with the Black Lives Matter protest movement — told the Huffington Post in December.

[Image: mappingpoliceviolence.jpeg&w=1484]
In a report covering 2015 data, Campaign Zero compared violent crime rates of 50 major cities to the rate at which police officers killed people, concluding that there was no correlation.

As part of its data effort, The Post tracks the “threat level” of each person who is shot and killed by a police officer: Were they shooting at the officer? Were they threatening the officer? Were they fleeing?

Overall, the majority of the people who have been shot and killed by police officers in 2015 and 2016 were, based on publicly available evidence, armed with a weapon and attempting to attack the officer or someone else.

But an independent analysis of The Post’s data conducted by a team of criminal-justice researchers concluded that, when factoring in threat level, black Americans who are fatally shot by police are, in fact, less likely to be posing an imminent lethal threat to the officers at the moment they are killed than white Americans fatally shot by police.

[Study finds police fatally shoot unarmed black men at disproportionate rates] 
The study also sought to answer whether officers were more likely to shoot and kill someone who is unarmed if the shooting happened to occur in a high-crime area. They concluded that is not the case.

“The only thing that was significant in predicting whether someone shot and killed by police was unarmed was whether or not they were black,” said Justin Nix, a criminal-justice researcher at the University of Louisville and one of the report’s authors, said in April. “Crime variables did not matter in terms of predicting whether the person killed was unarmed.”

“This just bolsters our confidence that there is some sort of implicit bias going on,” Nix said. “Officers are perceiving a greater threat when encountered by unarmed black citizens.”
Black Lives Matter movement, explained
Racial disparities in the rate of police shootings do not mean, though, that criminal-justice experts are not concerned about how many people are being killed by police officers — including white people.

Statistics kept by the FBI have never counted more than 460 police shootings in a single year. However, The Post’s database chronicled 990 fatal police shootings in 2015, and 494 of those people were white.

Among them are several cases that drew national headlines. Two officers will face trial for the shooting of 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis,2015’s youngest police-shooting victim. The family of Zachary Hammond, who was shot and killed by officers in Seneca, S.C., received a $2.15 million settlement.

[Inside small-town Louisiana feud that led to a 6-year-old boy’s police killing]
And the civil suit is still pending in the case of Deven Guilford, a white 17-year-old who was killed during a traffic stop. Guilford flashed his headlights on a snowy Michigan night in February 2015 to signal to an oncoming driver to turn off his high beams. The driver turned out to be an officer, who did a U-turn and pulled Guilford over. In a confrontation captured on several cameras the two argued, then fought.

Guilford voluntarily exited the car and lay on the ground when commanded — but he refused to set down his cellphone. Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Jonathan Frost shocked him with a stun gun. The video goes black. Then, the sound of gunshots.

“Deven went from flashing his lights to being dead six minutes later,” Hugh Davis, an attorney for Guilford’s family, told The Post in December. “And there is no explanation for it.”
[The Washington Post’s 2015 database of fatal police shootings]

In Fresno, Noble was at least the seventh person shot and killed by city police since 2015, and one of three white men (the other four were Hispanic men), according to The Post’s database.

And cellphone video obtained by the Fresno Bee raises new questions about the police account of the shooting. 

In the video, Noble can be seen lying on the ground next to his pickup truck as officers yell at him to keep his hands up. One officer fires one shot. Noble can be seen raising his arm and heard saying, “I’ve been shot.” Then another shot can be heard.

Late last, week the FBI said it would open an investigation.
Steven Rich contributed to this report, which has been updated.

[Image: tk1ENwCAMREEJEpCABCQgAQlIQQoSkIIEdkkXtiz...lFTkSuQmCC][Image: eTZCU+xQDTtEcPk8Cw2gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==]

Protests in Minnesota and D.C. after a black man was fatally shot during a traffic stop
[img=566x0]https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_606w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2016/07/10/Local/Images/DCMarch10C1468184413.jpg[/img]
View Photos
Protesters gather in Falcon Heights, a St. Paul suburb, after the killing of 32-year-old Philando Castile.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...d14140d756
Black Crime Rates: What Happens When Numbers Aren’t Neutral
 09/02/2015 03:28 pm 15:28:26 | Updated Jan 19, 2016

Kim Farbota Lawyer, neuroscientist, human
[Image: n-JAIL-628x314.jpg]
DANHENSON1 VIA GETTY IMAGES

There is a common conservative narrative that indicates the disproportionate incarceration of black people is not the result of systemic racism, but rather of shortcomings within the black community.

It is also common to hear the supposedly neutral statement that “black people commit more crimes than white people.” This “fact” is used to justify a belief that black people have a natural criminal propensity, or that a “culture of violence” is to blame for problems faced by black people in America.

Black people make up roughly 13% of the United States population, and white people make up 64%. Black people make up 40% of the prison population, and white people 39%. Therefore, even though there are roughly five times as many white people as black people in this country, blacks and whites are incarcerated in equal numbers. But the fact that black people are incarcerated five times as frequently as white people does not mean black people commit five times as many crimes. Here’s why:

(1) If a black person and a white person each commit a crime, the black person is more likely to be arrested. This is due in part to the fact that black people are more heavily policed.

Black people, more often than white people, live in dense urban areas. Dense urban areas are more heavily policed than suburban or rural areas. When people live in close proximity to one another, police can monitor more people more often. In more heavily policed areas, people committing crimes are caught more frequently. This could help explain why, for example, black people and white people smoke marijuana at similar rates, yet black people are 3.7 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession. (The discrepancy could also be driven by overt racism, more frequent illegal searches of black people, or an increased willingness to let non-blacks off with a warning.)

(2) When black people are arrested for a crime, they are convicted more often than white people arrested for the same crime. 

An arrest and charge does not always lead to a conviction. A charge may be dismissed or a defendant may be declared not guilty at trial. Whether or not an arrestee is convicted is often determined by whether or not a defendant can afford a reputable attorney. The interaction of poverty and trial outcomes could help explain why, for example, while black defendants represent about 35% of drug arrests, 46% of those convicted of drug crimes are black. (This discrepancy could also be due to racial bias on the part of judges and jurors.)

(3) When black people are convicted of a crime, they are more likely to be sentenced to incarceration compared to whites convicted of the same crime. 

When a person is convicted of a crime, a judge often has discretion in determining whether the defendant will be incarcerated or given a less severe punishment such as probation, community service, or fines. One study found that in a particular region blacks were incarcerated for convicted felony offenses 51% of the time while whites convicted of felonies were incarcerated 38% of the time. The same study also used an empirical approach to determine that race, not confounded with any other factor, was a key determinant in judges’ decisions to incarcerate.

Racial disparities at every stage of the criminal justice process build upon one another. So, if 1,000 white people and 200 black people (a ratio of 5:1 to reflect the U.S. population) commit the same crime, here is what the eventual prison population could look like:

100 white people and 74 black people might be arrested.

It is impossible to determine what percentage of crimes committed result in arrests because there can be no data on un-observed crimes. As noted above, however, it has been found that while black and white Americans smoke marijuana at similar rates, blacks are arrested 3.7 times as frequently for marijuana possession. These numbers were picked to reflect the 3.7:1 ratio of black to white arrests for marijuana possession. 100 is 10% of 1,000 and 74 is 37% of 200, so these numbers would represent an arrest disparity equivalent to that noted in the example above.

50 white people and 48 black people might be convicted. 

If black people account for 35% of drug arrests and 46% of convictions, this indicates a conviction rate that is approximately 1.3 times higher than it should be based on the black arrest rate. So, if 50% of white arrestees were convicted we would expect to see 65% (.5 x 1.3) of black arrestees convicted: 50 is 50% of 100 and 48 is about 65% of 74. (50% was picked at random; the important factor here is the comparative proportion.)

19 white people and 24 black people might be sentenced to prison.

Using the example felony incarceration rates cited above, we might expect to see 38% of the 50 convicted white defendants (19) and 51% of the 48 convicted black defendants (24) incarcerated for their crimes. In this scenario, 12% of black people who commit a crime and less than 2% of white people who commit the same crime might eventually go to prison.

This example demonstrates that there are systemic differences in how blacks and whites are treated by the law. These differences, which are compounded in each successive phase of the criminal justice process, increase the percentage of black people incarcerated for committing a particular crime.
This example is NOT meant to be a conclusive analysis explaining the incarceration gap. The statistics presented above and applied to the illustrative example come from different contexts and refer to different crimes. Racial disparities in the application of criminal justice are not the only source of differential incarceration rates. Poverty, geography, and lacking educational and career opportunities all likely play a role. These factors exacerbate the effects of systemic racism and feed the cycle of incarceration, joblessness, and poverty that plagues some segments of the black population.

Regardless of the exact factors behind the incarceration gap, it is not some neutral, statistical fact that black people commit more crime. The gap is the result of numerous interacting factors, not the least of which is racism. Explanations of the incarceration gap as a result of black criminal propensity or insular cultural deficiencies are critically flawed, and by definition racist.
Wow it is long and it's all over the place. Just point me to stats that proves that cops shoot and kill more blacks than whites PERCENTAGE wise.

And what about stats like the one that says 13% of our population commit more than half of all homicides.

Unless you choose to not believe it. How in the world can you see that stat and still believe blacks DON"T commit more crime than whites?
I mean that is what that Biased article is trying to say.
(07-17-2016, 02:12 PM)Hugo Wrote: Hey cletus, answer me this.

Since it is a FACT that more whites are killed by police than blacks, why aren't the whites the ones out there putting sniper shots on them?

Ooh, ooh I know this one. It's because the whites definitely needed shooting and the blacks only sometimes needed shooting. It's the ones that didn't need shooting that causes folks to get angry.
(07-17-2016, 06:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Black Crime Rates: What Happens When Numbers Aren’t Neutral

There is a common conservative narrative that indicates the disproportionate incarceration of black people is not the result of systemic racism, but rather of shortcomings within the black community.

It is also common to hear the supposedly neutral statement that “black people commit more crimes than white people.” This “fact” is used to justify a belief that black people have a natural criminal propensity, or that a “culture of violence” is to blame for problems faced by black people in America.

Black people make up roughly 13% of the United States population, and white people make up 64%. Black people make up 40% of the prison population, and white people 39%. Therefore, even though there are roughly five times as many white people as black people in this country, blacks and whites are incarcerated in equal numbers. But the fact that black people are incarcerated five times as frequently as white people does not mean black people commit five times as many crimes. Here’s why:

(1) If a black person and a white person each commit a crime, the black person is more likely to be arrested. This is due in part to the fact that black people are more heavily policed.

Black people, more often than white people, live in dense urban areas. Dense urban areas are more heavily policed than suburban or rural areas. When people live in close proximity to one another, police can monitor more people more often. In more heavily policed areas, people committing crimes are caught more frequently. This could help explain why, for example, black people and white people smoke marijuana at similar rates, yet black people are 3.7 times as likely to be arrested for marijuana possession. (The discrepancy could also be driven by overt racism, more frequent illegal searches of black people, or an increased willingness to let non-blacks off with a warning.)

(2) When black people are arrested for a crime, they are convicted more often than white people arrested for the same crime. 

An arrest and charge does not always lead to a conviction. A charge may be dismissed or a defendant may be declared not guilty at trial. Whether or not an arrestee is convicted is often determined by whether or not a defendant can afford a reputable attorney. The interaction of poverty and trial outcomes could help explain why, for example, while black defendants represent about 35% of drug arrests, 46% of those convicted of drug crimes are black. (This discrepancy could also be due to racial bias on the part of judges and jurors.)

(3) When black people are convicted of a crime, they are more likely to be sentenced to incarceration compared to whites convicted of the same crime. 

When a person is convicted of a crime, a judge often has discretion in determining whether the defendant will be incarcerated or given a less severe punishment such as probation, community service, or fines. One study found that in a particular region blacks were incarcerated for convicted felony offenses 51% of the time while whites convicted of felonies were incarcerated 38% of the time. The same study also used an empirical approach to determine that race, not confounded with any other factor, was a key determinant in judges’ decisions to incarcerate.

Racial disparities at every stage of the criminal justice process build upon one another. So, if 1,000 white people and 200 black people (a ratio of 5:1 to reflect the U.S. population) commit the same crime, here is what the eventual prison population could look like:

It is impossible to determine what percentage of crimes committed result in arrests because there can be no data on un-observed crimes. As noted above, however, it has been found that while black and white Americans smoke marijuana at similar rates, blacks are arrested 3.7 times as frequently for marijuana possession. These numbers were picked to reflect the 3.7:1 ratio of black to white arrests for marijuana possession. 100 is 10% of 1,000 and 74 is 37% of 200, so these numbers would represent an arrest disparity equivalent to that noted in the example above.

If black people account for 35% of drug arrests and 46% of convictions, this indicates a conviction rate that is approximately 1.3 times higher than it should be based on the black arrest rate. So, if 50% of white arrestees were convicted we would expect to see 65% (.5 x 1.3) of black arrestees convicted: 50 is 50% of 100 and 48 is about 65% of 74. (50% was picked at random; the important factor here is the comparative proportion.)

Using the example felony incarceration rates cited above, we might expect to see 38% of the 50 convicted white defendants (19) and 51% of the 48 convicted black defendants (24) incarcerated for their crimes. In this scenario, 12% of black people who commit a crime and less than 2% of white people who commit the same crime might eventually go to prison.

This example demonstrates that there are systemic differences in how blacks and whites are treated by the law. These differences, which are compounded in each successive phase of the criminal justice process, increase the percentage of black people incarcerated for committing a particular crime.
This example is NOT meant to be a conclusive analysis explaining the incarceration gap. The statistics presented above and applied to the illustrative example come from different contexts and refer to different crimes. Racial disparities in the application of criminal justice are not the only source of differential incarceration rates. Poverty, geography, and lacking educational and career opportunities all likely play a role. These factors exacerbate the effects of systemic racism and feed the cycle of incarceration, joblessness, and poverty that plagues some segments of the black population.

Regardless of the exact factors behind the incarceration gap, it is not some neutral, statistical fact that black people commit more crime. The gap is the result of numerous interacting factors, not the least of which is racism. Explanations of the incarceration gap as a result of black criminal propensity or insular cultural deficiencies are critically flawed, and by definition racist.

Nicely written, lacks ANY qualifiers, and the wack job huffpo writer has already been called out on this very article with no response from her. But you race pimps are still free to create shit out of thin air, like a schizophrenic looking for that lost crack rock in the shag carpet.
(07-17-2016, 06:04 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Black Crime Rates: What Happens When Numbers Aren’t Neutral

(1) If a black person and a white person each commit a crime, the black person is more likely to be arrested. This is due in part to the fact that black people are more heavily policed.>>>>>

No shit because black communities NEED to be more heavily policed because there are so many thugs and criminals

and the even kill each other. They have no respect for their own live let alone any others.

If black people account for 35% of drug arrests and 46% of convictions, this indicates a conviction rate that is approximately 1.3 times higher than it should be based on the black arrest rate.

Yeah because "I ain't did nothing"... Or "them aint my shoes I'm wearing so that aing my crack "

Is typical for their defense.

Maybe because most blacks have previous arrest record than whites
Cletus. Valuesize. et al.  Please watch this video.  It gets especially poignant after the 6 minute mark.

Please, wake the fuck up.  The guy in the video has it right.

(07-17-2016, 06:38 PM)Hugo Wrote: Cletus. Valuesize. et al.  Please watch this video.  It gets especially poignant after the 6 minute mark.

Please, wake the fuck up.  The guy in the video has it right.

You failed to enlighten me.  Laughing I'm totally aware there's a lot messed up people doing a lot of messed up shit, especially in and around cities. Add the gang culture to things I'll never understand, no matter the persuasion. They're ALL messed up and I have no problem with them being shot, in fact I prefer it to sending them through the revolving prison doors.  Wink

I still don't like folks being killed by overzealous police. (Whatever their color)
Cops killed by a veteran.
Like Texas.
What is happening to our soldiers?

Posted via Tapatalk
Anybody going to riot for Montrell Jackson?
(07-17-2016, 05:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 05:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote:  

That a pretty stupid comment if I ever heard one.

I intended to respond to this earlier. 

Anyway, do you know why it is a stupid comment? It is stupid because some black men would likely kick your white ass up and down the street if not worse. 

It does not matter what you think. You are not black and have no idea of the level of discrimination still facing black people. Eventually people get tired of being treated like shit and act out. To me that is a simple thing to understand.