NBC Fact Checking Republican Convention
I'm watching Trump and counting how many empty promises he makes during his speech. Results in less than 5 minutes. Stay tuned.  Big Grin
(07-21-2016, 08:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I'm watching Trump and counting how many empty promises he makes during his speech. Results in less than 5 minutes. Stay tuned.  Big Grin

I predict he is going to fix all the problems of the world on his first day after taking the oath of office and you can believe me.   Smiling
(07-21-2016, 08:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I'm watching Trump and counting how many empty promises he makes during his speech. Results in less than 5 minutes. Stay tuned.  Big Grin

Are you keeping a tally of lies while you're at it?  Laughing
He didn't say "God bless America" during his closing. They always say that, it's de rigueur.
39 empty promises.
(07-21-2016, 08:38 PM)Cuzz Wrote: He didn't say "God bless America" during his closing. They always say that, it's de rigueur.

I had to look up de rigueur. Required by etiquette.
(07-21-2016, 08:41 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 08:38 PM)Cuzz Wrote: He didn't say "God bless America" during his closing. They always say that, it's de rigueur.

I didn't look it up I just figured it was rigor mortise.

Yeah, if a Democrat overlooked that they'd be tongue lashed within an inch of our lives by the conservative talking heads.
(07-21-2016, 08:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think that's a brick laying technique.
(07-21-2016, 09:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 08:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think that's a brick laying technique.
Yeah well I didn't have a clue how to spell that one so I just went with that
LOL
I guess it might be fun to go to all the Fact Checking sites today and see what they say about Mr. Trumps speech.

But, there are fact checking sites and then there are fact checking sites. I'd bet we could find one we like. 

I'm not going to bother. 

I heard the speech. 

The fact is, this man who made the longest acceptance speech in modern politcal history, gave us a perfect example of the tired old phrase "Empty Rhetoric". 

But I fear that blustering nonsense will appeal to far too many folks who feel desperate about their dire conditons and vote for this man hoping he can fix things with the "Art of the deal". 

I don't think we should take him lightly and stay home in November. History has proven that unreasonable promises shouted over and over by a man who will cure our problems using simple slogans and appealing to our fear of uncertain times, can do harm too tragic to consider. 

Hillary ain't perfect. But she ain't Donald. I don't like the "lesser of two evils" thing, but reality bites.
One of the comments I read after Trumps speech that I rather liked....

"So, who is providing the GOP response to this speech?"  Annie Linskey

Laughing
(07-22-2016, 08:59 AM)Cuzz Wrote: One of the comments I read after Trumps speech that I rather liked....

"So, who is providing the GOP response to this speech?"  Annie Linskey

Laughing

So, Annie Linskey is not only a journeyman reporter, journalist, and writer, but a real wit!  Big Grin

I hope she always has a nation newspaper where she can work.
[Image: e18d209ef4a5a234f536a8f644daa6cb.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-23-2016, 08:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: e18d209ef4a5a234f536a8f644daa6cb.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk
That about sums it up. 

Let's see what the Democrats say at their convention. I would guess they will go a little negative too because that is the nature of politics these days. Fortunately, they actually have a platform and will discuss issues important to Americans.
(07-23-2016, 09:51 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 08:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: e18d209ef4a5a234f536a8f644daa6cb.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk
That about sums it up. 

Let's see what the Democrats say at their convention. I would guess they will go a little negative too because that is the nature of politics these days. Fortunately, they actually have a platform and will discuss issues important to Americans.

Word on the street is they are going to forgo all the traditional stuff and we get to watch Nancy Pelosi get another face lift, live, a three day process that will leave her looking like Sarah Palin. Hillary will be in the background checking her emails. Bill will be there, asking Mrs. Pelosi if it hurts so much she couldn't have just a little sex. Jane Fonda can't be there because she is going to be vacatoning in Hanoi. John Kerry will also be a no-show because he will be in Libya asking, "Can't we all just get along?"
There will lots of cops there, guarded by the "Black Lives Matter" gang leaders. 
Should be fun, but lot's of commericals breaks to allow Goldman Sachs to advertise. 

"We're Democrats...we know how to have fun!  Laughing