How Many Medford Members?
(07-27-2016, 12:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 07:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 06:56 AM)bbqboy Wrote: He's hungry for power, pious, and unrelenting in his quest. You can have him, but it looks like some of your councilmen have reservations.

I suspect you are right about all that. 
But to compare him to a sexual predator Like Dennis Hastert is just plain irresponsible and just another example of the hyperbole and reckless langugue and tone we so often use here. 

Barbie, I'd like to think you were simple careless and did not intend to make that comparison. 

PS: So go ahead, TVg, and start your rant out my trying to be the "nanny" here. Or don't. I'm sick of dealing with it.

[Image: 9glkw7.jpg]

What's this? Using a funny meme on a forum to portray a thought, unacceptable, you must explain yourself. And if you don't I will jump to massive illogical conclusions based solely on conjecture.

For the bbqBOY I know big words confuse you, so conjecture means "an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information."
(07-27-2016, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 06:56 AM)bbqboy Wrote: He's hungry for power, pious, and unrelenting in his quest. You can have him, but it looks like some of your councilmen have reservations.

But to compare him to a sexual predator Like Dennis Hastert is just plain irresponsible and just another example of the hyperbole and reckless langugue and tone we so often use here. 

Barbie, I'd like to think you were simple careless and did not intend to make that comparison. 

PS: So go ahead, TVg, and start your rant out my trying to be the "nanny" here. Or don't. I'm sick of dealing with it.

What's this? Using a funny meme on a forum to portray a thought, unacceptable, you must explain yourself. And if you don't I will jump to massive illogical conclusions based solely on conjecture.

For the bbqBOY I know big words confuse you, so conjecture means "an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information."
The difference is that Wonky and maybe everyone else BUT you knows what I meant.

Dude pull the panties out of your crack. I don't have anything against you. Pretty sure all I said was you COULD be a racist and when given the opportunity to explain you aren't or why you are so disgusted at our first lady you refuse.
(07-27-2016, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 01:46 PM)GPnative Wrote:

The difference is that Wonky and maybe everyone else BUT you knows what I meant.

Dude pull the panties out of your crack. I don't have anything against you. Pretty sure all I said was you COULD be a racist and when given the opportunity to explain you aren't or why you are so disgusted at our first lady you refuse.

Still, there is that disturbing little comment:  Smiling

"What's this? Using a funny meme on a forum to portray a thought, unacceptable, you must explain yourself. And if you don't I will jump to massive illogical conclusions based solely on conjecture."

This is about BBQ comparing a local politican with a sexual deviant who raped, then paid millions of dollars to try to hide that vicious crime. 

That's over the line, pure and simple. 

Slander. Offensive. And unnecessary. 
He's a public servant. I didn't say he was a rapist; I said he was creepy like Dennis Hastert. That's not fire in the theatre stuff. Why do you think your mayor is against him?
(07-27-2016, 08:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: He's a public servant. I didn't say he was a rapist; I said he was creepy like Dennis Hastert. That's not fire in the theatre stuff. Why do you think your mayor is against him?

I understand (and agree) with your sentiments Barbie. I don't think Rob Patridge is anywhere NEAR qualified for this job. 

Did I over react? I don't feel it id, but If so, please excuse me.

Because Hastert is a PIG! His behavior was beyond repugnant!

So, when you compared him to Partridge I sincerly felt it was way over the line and while I'm certainly not a fan of Rob's, I think that to compare him to Hastert is a kind of "slander" he does not derserve. 

But we do agree that Partridge has  a sleazy record and I sure don't want him managing my city.
(07-28-2016, 08:57 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 08:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: He's a public servant. I didn't say he was a rapist; I said he was creepy like Dennis Hastert. That's not fire in the theatre stuff. Why do you think your mayor is against him?

I understand (and agree) with your sentiments Barbie. I don't think Rob Patridge is anywhere NEAR qualified for this job. 

So, when you compared him to Partridge I sincerly felt it was way over the line and while I'm certainly not a fan of Rob's, I think that to compare him to Hastert is a kind of "slander" he does not derserve. 

But we do agree that Partridge has  a sleazy record and I sure don't want him managing my city.

It wasn't slander it was libel. Now get down and give me 20.
(07-28-2016, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Big Grin I can't even REMEMBER the last time I could have dropped down to give you 20. 

Slander/Libel...Whatever. 

Slander: verbthey were accused of slandering the ministerdefame (someone's character)blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; malign, traduce, vilify, disparage, denigrate, run down, slur; informal badmouth, dis, trash; formal derogate.

Libel: 

verbshe alleged the magazine had libeled herdefamemalign, slander, blacken someone's name, sully someone's reputation, speak ill/evil of, traduce, smear, cast aspersions on, drag someone's name through the mud, besmirch, tarnish, taint, tell lies about, stain, impugn someone's character/integrity, vilify, denigrate, disparage, run down, stigmatize, discredit, slur; informal dis, bad-mouth; formal derogate, calumniate.

I get slandered, libeled

I hear words I never heard in the Bible Big Grin
(07-28-2016, 02:44 PM)Jeep Wrote:

I get slandered, libeled

I hear words I never heard in the Bible Big Grin

Fight back. Sue. Soap windows. Spray paint front porches. Set off cherry bombs in the middle of the night. 

Or drop down and give TVguy 20.  Laughing
"I get slandered, libeled

I hear words I never heard in the Bible"

Thanks a lot, Jeep   Big Grin

Now it's stuck in my head
(07-28-2016, 02:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Big Grin I can't even REMEMBER the last time I could have dropped down to give you 20. 

Slander: verbthey were accused of slandering the ministerdefame (someone's character)blacken someone's name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint; malign, traduce, vilify, disparage, denigrate, run down, slur; informal badmouth, dis, trash; formal derogate.

Libel: 

verbshe alleged the magazine had libeled herdefamemalign, slander, blacken someone's name, sully someone's reputation, speak ill/evil of, traduce, smear, cast aspersions on, drag someone's name through the mud, besmirch, tarnish, taint, tell lies about, stain, impugn someone's character/integrity, vilify, denigrate, disparage, run down, stigmatize, discredit, slur; informal dis, bad-mouth; formal derogate, calumniate.
What's all that?
Slander is spoken defamation. Libel is written. OK, Make your wife get down and give me 20
(07-28-2016, 03:34 PM)tealeaf Wrote: "I get slandered, libeled

Quick, listen to this one...
(07-28-2016, 03:34 PM)tealeaf Wrote: "I get slandered, libeled

You are welcome..............please make it stop.  Big Grin
(07-28-2016, 03:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 02:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Libel: 

What's all that?
Slander is spoken defamation. Libel is written. OK, Make your wife get down and give me 20

I HATE it when you are right!  Mad

And my wife could drop down and give you 20 without breaking a sweat. (She is 12 years old. I came home one day and she was packing and I asked...)
But you've heard it a thousand times.   Wink

Later edit: JUST ONE COTTON PICKIN' MINUTE HERE! 
How do I know you are right? Just because you said slander is spoken and libel written? Ha! When I have time I'll go the the FOX website and check that out. 'Cause in the definations above it don't say nothin' like that. FOX will know!