Milwaukee
(08-19-2016, 06:01 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Sad to be so obsessed.

Yes. And in groups, dangerous.
[Image: CqY-L8CUEAAwkdg.jpg]
(08-21-2016, 11:26 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: CqY-L8CUEAAwkdg.jpg]

Just playing through!  Laughing
(08-22-2016, 12:04 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

That reminds me of something I once learned. My friend tried to drive through a small creek on the way to our bass fishing ponds.
The problem was the beavers had built a dam and the water was MUCH higher than normal. My crazy friend tried to drive through in Toyota car and sunk just about as deep as the car in the photo above.
So of course the engine died. While we were pulling out the gear to pull him out he tried to start the car. It would run briefly and then stall.
When we lifted the hood we could see that it only stalled because the fan was blowing water over all the engine.

So we just took off the fan belt off and Joe drove right on through LOL  It's very possible the guy in the picture could have done the same.
(08-22-2016, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That reminds me of something I once learned. My friend tried to drive through a small creek on the way to our bass fishing ponds.
The problem was the beavers had built a dam and the water was MUCH higher than normal. My crazy friend tried to drive through in Toyota car and sunk just about as deep as the car in the photo above.
So of course the engine died. While we were pulling out the gear to pull him out he tried to start the car. It would run briefly and then stall.
When we lifted the hood we could see that it only stalled because the fan was blowing water over all the engine.

So we just took off the fan belt off and Joe drove right on through LOL  It's very possible the guy in the picture could have done the same.

All depends on the location of the intake. If the guy in the photo sucked water into the intake, he's hydro locked and not going anywhere until you pull spark plugs and crank it over. Be sure and have a buddy looking down into the spark plug hole while you crank, its good for a laugh when the water shoots out in his face Big Grin Razz

Of course that's assuming no damage occurring to piston rods, among other things that can go drastically wrong when you hydrolock an engine.
(08-22-2016, 04:42 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

All depends on the location of the intake. If the guy in the photo sucked water into the intake, he's hydro locked and not going anywhere until you pull spark plugs and crank it over. Be sure and have a buddy looking down into the spark plug hole while you crank, its good for a laugh when the water shoots out in his face Big Grin Razz

Of course that's assuming no damage occurring to piston rods, among other things that can go drastically wrong when you hydrolock an engine.

I'm taking about when the water level is about like the picture where the car is . But yeah looking at the cars behind him he probably does have water in the cylinders.
You have to wonder why they couldn't judge the depth of the water with the rails right there on the bridge.
(08-22-2016, 07:53 PM)chuck white Wrote: You have to wonder why they couldn't judge the depth of the water with the rails right there on the bridge.

It's not a not a bridge. That's a tow truck driver and the location is in Toronto on the Don valley parkway.

What you are calling the rails are the tops of those concrete dividers they use on freeways.

But to answer your question the water could have been lower when their car stalled. I always see people driving too fast too when if they went slower they might have made it

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: storm_car655.jpg&size=650x366&quality=85]
Like these...

[Image: ta060312-becelbikeride0001_24787300.jpg]