One year from now, 8-21-17
(08-23-2016, 03:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 12:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 08:36 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 08:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 07:41 PM)Juniper Wrote: I make day trips to Brookings.

Cool when are we going LOL. What do you do over there, Beach comb?  I've thought about going for a day. You can make it in  2 1/2 hours.
Now that I think about it I don't know why I don't do any day trips.

Well....what do YOU do over there? Stay in a hotel and that's it?  Of course I beach comb. Sometimes just sit on the sand and look at the waves. What do you do?

I always go crabbing off docks or take a boat out on the ocean. Which is pretty much why I've never made it a day trip. See there is more to do than sit and watch Wink

Yeah....I never crab.

Pick some up at the "Freshest Seafood Market" to bring back. TVg would never know!   Smiling
I know that I am posting a lot of articles from the Fall issue of the Applegater, but there are some really good articles in it. I like this guys description of his experience of a solar eclipse. 

http://www.applegater.org/pdf/2016/v09n03/v09n03p07.pdf
My wife reminded me that the coast often has overcast skies in the summer so she suggested viewing the eclipse from somewhere in Eastern Oregon or the Salem area.
(09-02-2016, 12:09 PM)cletus1 Wrote: My wife reminded me that the coast often has overcast skies in the summer so she suggested viewing the eclipse from somewhere in Eastern Oregon or the Salem area.
Steeens Mountain would work. Take a coat.
(09-02-2016, 06:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 12:09 PM)cletus1 Wrote: My wife reminded me that the coast often has overcast skies in the summer so she suggested viewing the eclipse from somewhere in Eastern Oregon or the Salem area.
Steeens Mountain would work. Take a coat.

The Steens Mtns would be way too far south, with or without a coat. You could try Rajneeshpuram.   Big Grin

This is the path across Oregon for the curious.

[Image: OR_web.jpg]
I have friends on the reservation in Madras. Yeah, I know how you think, how can a Conservative have friends? Much less on an Indian reservation?

Because you're Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives is outdated by 40 years. You might be about to lose badly....
(09-02-2016, 08:42 PM)Hugo Wrote: I have friends on the reservation in Madras.  Yeah, I know how you think, how can a Conservative have friends?  Much less on an Indian reservation?

Because you're Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives is outdated by 40 years.  You might be about to lose badly....

Do you have to make every thread political and/or humorous?  Laughing
(09-02-2016, 08:42 PM)Hugo Wrote: I have friends on the reservation in Madras.  Yeah, I know how you think, how can a Conservative have friends?  Much less on an Indian reservation?

Because you're Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives is outdated by 40 years.  You might be about to lose badly....

IF I actually had Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives I would think they were all like YOU.

TOTALLY consumed and obsessed.You can't even make a comment on a thread that has ZERO to do with politics without bringing it up.
(09-03-2016, 11:38 AM)tvguy Wrote:

IF I actually had Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives I would think they were all like YOU.

TOTALLY consumed and obsessed.You can't even make a comment on a thread that has ZERO to do with politics without bringing it up.

Do you think "how can a conservative have friends" TVguy? I know that I have never thought anything like that. I guess being obsessed and self absorbed deludes you into thinking you know how other people think. What an idiot.
(09-03-2016, 01:33 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Do you think "how can a conservative have friends" TVguy? I know that I have never thought anything like that. I guess being obsessed and self absorbed deludes you into thinking you know how other people think. What an idiot.

I have conservative friends I don't talk about politics with them too much. I don't about politics too much with any friends.
But no I've never wondered how can a Conservative have friends. Most of my family are conservatives.

I might ask myself THIS....... How can people who are so obsessed with politics Like Larry or some others here have any liberal friends? Because it seems like they actually believe that all that is wrong with the country and life in general is because of liberals.

They paint this picture of what they believe a liberal is in their brain and it's a stereotype of the most far left brain dead moron anyone could ever imagine.

I sure as hell don't do that with conservatives and I don't see too many liberals who do.
(09-02-2016, 08:42 PM)Hugo Wrote: I have friends on the reservation in Madras. Yeah, I know how you think, how can a Conservative have friends? Much less on an Indian reservation?

Because you're Liberal preconceived notions of conservatives is outdated by 40 years. You might be about to lose badly....
Get over yourself, asshole.

Posted via Tapatalk
(09-03-2016, 02:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 01:33 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I have conservative friends I don't talk about politics with them too much. I don't about politics too much with any friends.
But no I've never wondered how can a Conservative have friends. Most of my family are conservatives.

I might ask myself THIS....... How can people who are so obsessed with politics Like Larry or some others here have any liberal friends? Because it seems like they actually believe that all that is wrong with the country and life in general is because of liberals.

They paint this picture of what they believe a liberal is in their brain and it's a stereotype of the most far left brain dead moron anyone could ever imagine.

I sure as hell don't do that with conservatives and I don't see too many liberals who do.

...and anyone not just like them is one of those liberals. Because if you're not rabid conservative you must be rabid communist.

Indian Reservation would be a great place to see the eclipse.
You can tell them your God is going to eat their God.
(09-03-2016, 06:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:

And they might drive you to the Res border and tell your dumb ass to walk the rest of the way.
(09-04-2016, 09:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-03-2016, 06:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:

And they might drive you to the Res border and tell your dumb ass to walk the rest of the way.
If you are lucky. But then again Injuns doesn't attack at night. Every body knows that, so with the eclipse they will all be confused.
Quote:
  •  
The year of the Great American Total Solar Eclipse is upon us.
On Aug. 21, the moon will completely blot out the sun for observers in 12 states, from Oregon to South Carolina, in the first total solar eclipse visible from the United States mainland since 1979. The rest of North America, and parts of South America, Africa and Europe, will be treated to a partial eclipse.
Enthusiasm has long been high for the Aug. 21 event, and the excitement will only build in the weeks and months ahead.

http://www.space.com/35171-great-america...-2017.html