For What It's Worth...
http://www.wikihow.com/Behave-On-an-Internet-Forum
Good advice. 

However, this place has already sold its soul to the devil, so I am doubtful it will work here. Very few people follow the rules here and I doubt they want to start anytime soon.  Smiling

And what is a "mini modder?"
1997 called. They want their wikihow back.
Wonky and his rules.
I can post naked if I want too.
(08-29-2016, 03:18 AM)chuck white Wrote: Wonky and his rules.
Wonky's rules? Hardly. Notice the post is titled "For what it's worth". I just thought it interesting that a reputable Web site had a point of view about conduct on forums. Nothing mediatory suggested. 

And post naked if you want. (I just don't want to think about it). More important than your attire (or lack of) is the content of what you post. 

So, still waiting to hear your views on how "we" should deal with the climate change that "extreme weather" is about to spring on us. In a previous post I wondered if you came down on the side of those who feel "we" can effect ways to prevent severe changes in weather or if "we" should concentrate on finding ways to live with the changes that will be very different and require strategies to cope. 

Or, is it simply too late? 

Given your interest in "extreme weather" you must have some point of view about this. Or not. Perhaps you simply want to report the weather.  Laughing
(08-29-2016, 07:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Wonky's rules? Hardly. Notice the post is titled "For what it's worth". I just thought it interesting that a reputable Web site had a point of view about conduct on forums. Nothing mediatory suggested. 

And post naked if you want. (I just don't want to think about it). More important than your attire (or lack of) is the content of what you post. 

So, still waiting to hear your views on how "we" should deal with the climate change that "extreme weather" is about to spring on us. In a previous post I wondered if you came down on the side of those who feel "we" can effect ways to prevent severe changes in weather or if "we" should concentrate on finding ways to live with the changes that will be very different and require strategies to cope. 

Given your interest in "extreme weather" you must have some point of view about this. Or not. Perhaps you simply want to report the weather.  Laughing

Not another climate change detour. Wonky, you are like a hungry dog with a bone. You are not about to let go of it.
Affect, not effect.
(08-29-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Not another climate change detour. Wonky, you are like a hungry dog with a bone. You are not about to let go of it.

No detour. Context is all important.
(08-29-2016, 07:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Affect, not effect.

Thank you. More important that the content, is the mistake with grammar. 
You sure you want to "cast stones"?  Razz
In your sanctimonious case, yes.
(08-29-2016, 08:51 AM)bbqboy Wrote: In your sanctimonious case, yes.

Really?
You NEED to do this? 

Have at it...your comments and judgemtns mean lttile to me, but it's just anothr example of the tone that infects this forum and is unnecessary.
(08-29-2016, 08:17 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

No detour. Context is all important.
Np detour nothing repetitive? You still have a case of the red ass about Chuck's weather thread because you don't approve of it.
You saying so again is proof positive you are a total control freak just in case there was anyone on planet earth who didn't already know as much

Laughing icon??? Really. You aren't laughing at all. It's not "reporting the weather" it's reporting RECORD weather events.
You know like it says as the thread title? You have mentioned your tired ass lame disapproval that Chuck won't give you his point of view OVER AND OVER AND OVER

When will it EVER stop? You are as bad as ILC, are you fucking nuts also?? It sure seems like some kind of OCD to me.
See a therapist about your obsession because no one here cares. That's why you have been told as much a hundred fucking times.
(08-29-2016, 08:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 08:51 AM)bbqboy Wrote: In yourGiven your interest in "extreme weather" you must have some point of view about this. Or not. Perhaps you simply want to report the weather.  Laughingcase, yes.

Really?
You NEED to do this? 

Have at it...your comments and judgemtns mean lttile to me, but it's just anothr example of the tone that infects this forum and is unnecessary.

He's been guilty of what you say. So have I. But right now we are talking about YOU . YOUR tone which is totally sanctimonious does NOTHING for this forum. It never has and never will.
Wonky, Do you know I build weather machines. I used to build time machines, before I moved here.
[Image: s-l1000.jpg]
(08-28-2016, 07:28 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: http://www.wikihow.com/Behave-On-an-Internet-Forum

I I just looked at the link.You might as well of posted on how to tie your shoes. What's the point of this other than you defending your relentless desire to control?

I read the link. Didn't see anything about repetitive advice giving.Trying to be in control. Constantly telling others what they should or shouldn't do.
And then for 999 th  time saying it was only "your opinion".

I think someone on here once said "if you don't like it just pass it by" or something like that.   Rolling Eyes
(08-29-2016, 05:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I think someone on here once said "if you don't like it just pass it by" or something like that.   Rolling Eyes
Then feel free to do just that!

I did, after all, title the topic, "For what it's worth". I thought it was worth a read. 

But, becaue this slipped into a Extreme Weather discussion (again) I posted the above. Hey! it's a FOURM. A place to voice opinons. I did that.
(08-29-2016, 06:06 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-29-2016, 05:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Then feel free to do just that!

I did, after all, title the topic, "For what it's worth". I thought it was worth a read. 

But, becaue this slipped into a Extreme Weather discussion (again) I posted the above. Hey! it's a FOURM. A place to voice opinons. I did that.

Jeeze Wonk, this did not slip into a extreme weather discussion. You took it there. You tell others to ignore posts they don't like, but you don't do that yourself.