Possibility that there might be intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy
You've been discovered, run for the hills Chuck!  Big Grin

An international team of scientists from the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) is investigating mysterious signal spikes emitting from a 6.3-billion-year-old star in the constellation Hercules — 95 light years away from Earth. The implications are extraordinary and point to the possibility of a civilization far more advanced than our own.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery...b97a1e9b71
They are at least 95 years more advanced since they sent the signals.
(08-30-2016, 10:52 PM)chuck white Wrote: They are at least 95 years more advanced since they sent the signals.

Our years or theirs?  Razz
"Possibility that there might be intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy"

Possibility? I've always thought it was guaranteed. IMO it seems foolish to think there isn't.
(08-31-2016, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Possibility that there might be intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy"

Possibility? I've always thought it was guaranteed. IMO it seems foolish to think there isn't.

And a bit foolish to think there intelligent life here on earth.
(08-31-2016, 09:34 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Possibility that there might be intelligent life elsewhere in the galaxy"

And a bit foolish to think there intelligent life here on earth.
I guess that's satire. Or irony? 
But I feel compeled to say we are blessed with intelligent people in every nook and cranny of our country. 
And we have lots of folks who remain ignorant, for whatever reason. And thank the gods fo those with "common sense", whatever that is. 

PS: I noticed you left out "is" between "There and intelligent" above. Does my heart good to know I'm not the only one who makes these kinds of mistakes. But I make them in the hundreds so if we were keeping score you would be WAY behind.