US Court Upholds Ban on Gun Sales to Marijuana Card Holders
I don't partake nor intend to buy a gun but I thought I'd post it instead of another Trump thread.  Razz

A federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the Second Amendment, a federal appeals court said Wednesday.
The ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals applies to the nine Western states that fall under the court's jurisdiction, including California, Washington and Oregon.
It came in a lawsuit filed by S. Rowan Wilson, a Nevada woman who said she tried to buy a firearm for self-defense in 2011 after obtaining a medical marijuana card. The gun store refused, citing the federal rule banning the sale of firearms to illegal drug users.
Marijuana remains illegal under federal law.
Wilson said she was not a marijuana user, but obtained the card in part as an expression of support for marijuana legalization.
She challenged guidance issued by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in 2011 that said gun sellers should assume people with medical marijuana cards use the drug and not sell them firearms.
The 9th Circuit in its 3-0 decision said it was reasonable for federal regulators to assume a medical marijuana card holder was more likely to use the drug.
The court also said Congress had reasonably concluded that marijuana and other drug use "raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-co...d-41778814
(08-31-2016, 11:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't partake nor intend to buy a gun but I thought I'd post it instead of another Trump thread.  Razz

A federal ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the Second Amendment, a federal appeals court said Wednesday.
The ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals applies to the nine Western states that fall under the court's jurisdiction, including California, Washington and Oregon.
It came in a lawsuit filed by S. Rowan Wilson, a Nevada woman who said she tried to buy a firearm for self-defense in 2011 after obtaining a medical marijuana card. The gun store refused, citing the federal rule banning the sale of firearms to illegal drug users.
Wilson said she was not a marijuana user, but obtained the card in part as an expression of support for marijuana legalization.
She challenged guidance issued by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in 2011 that said gun sellers should assume people with medical marijuana cards use the drug and not sell them firearms.
The 9th Circuit in its 3-0 decision said it was reasonable for federal regulators to assume a medical marijuana card holder was more likely to use the drug.
The court also said Congress had reasonably concluded that marijuana and other drug use "raises the risk of irrational or unpredictable behavior with which gun use should not be associated."

So what about all us dope smokers who grow and partake and don't have a medical card?
They don't care about us?
(09-01-2016, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 11:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't partake nor intend to buy a gun but I thought I'd post it instead of another Trump thread.  Razz

So what about all us dope smokers who grow and partake and don't have a medical card?
They don't care about us?

I am glad you don't need a card anymore.

The logic escapes me. Narcotic pain pill users and psych drug users can buy guns, but not people that use marijuana for medical reasons. 

It's enough to make me want less government like my Republican friends.
This is the peregrinate question when you apply for a CWP. The answer would be NO. Because MJ is legal in Oregon.

[Image: 14232979_1230852080278989_85658166147637...e=58401171]
(09-01-2016, 10:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is the peregrinate question when you apply for a CWP. The answer would be NO. Because MJ is legal in Oregon.

That is a federal background check not Oregon.
(09-01-2016, 11:58 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 10:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is the peregrinate question when you apply for a CWP. The answer would be NO. Because MJ is legal in Oregon.

That is a federal background check not Oregon.

I guess bath salts are OK.

peregrinate
play  
verb per·e·gri·nate \ˈper-ə-grə-ˌnāt\
Definition of peregrinate

peregrinated

peregrinating

1. intransitive verb
  2. :  to travel especially on foot :  walk
  3. transitive verb
  4. :  to walk or travel over :  traverse
peregrination
play \ˌper-ə-grə-ˈnā-shən\ noun
I don't smoke dope any longer and don't have a gun and still think this thing stinks. 

Guess I'm going to have to start being stoned half the time and shoot a couple of neighbors just so I can registerer righteous indignation. 

Whatever it takes. 

PS: Can we sue the courts? Guess not.  Sad
(09-02-2016, 07:20 AM)tornado Wrote:

peregrinate
play  

peregrinated

peregrinating

1. intransitive verb
  3. transitive verb
peregrination

Sure, thanks I meant to say periwinkle.
I read it as pertinent. Sure glad 190 is here to point out our errors though....
(09-02-2016, 10:52 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 07:20 AM)tornado Wrote:

peregrinate
play  

peregrinated

peregrinating

1. intransitive verb
  3. transitive verb
peregrination

Sure, thanks I meant to say periwinkle.
I thought you meant to say permagripe. I don't think it's a word, but I wasn't going to look it up. I just went with it.  Big Grin