Happy Labor Day
I guess everyone labors to one degree or anthor. Forgetting literal definitions, some of us labored to the point of breaking out in a sweat. That's MY meaning when I think of labor (disregarding, with respect, those who labor to give child birth...perhaps the most labor of all.)

So happy Labor Day, wage earning fellow workers who show up on time, rain or shine, and do (did) a good days work for a good days pay. 

Maybe pause a moment to honor Samuel Gompers and the others who made it all possible. They paid in blood.
Happy Economic slave day.
(09-05-2016, 04:58 PM)chuck white Wrote: Happy Economic slave day.

Do you know a better way to get food and shelter?
(09-05-2016, 05:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Did he miss the "good days pay for a good days work"? 
I was NOBODYS slave! 
If, in fact, that is what he implied. Never know for sure... Wink

In 2016?  Yup. The Gubmint will cover that for you.  Thanks to those who still labor.
(09-05-2016, 07:49 PM)Hugo Wrote:

In 2016?  Yup. The Gubmint will cover that for you.  Thanks to those who still labor.

You need to get out more dude. EVERYWHERE I go people are working. (laboring) Mornings and evenings the freeways are jam packed, bumper to bumper as far as you can see. EVERY major road and EVERY back route is jam packed with people trying to get to WORK. 

Many people were lucky and didn't have to work today, but many others did to the benefit those of us who didn't. I thanked everyone I came across for working today, how about you?
(09-05-2016, 08:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You need to get out more dude. EVERYWHERE I go people are working. (laboring) Mornings and evenings the freeways are jam packed, bumper to bumper as far as you can see. EVERY major road and EVERY back route is jam packed with people trying to get to WORK. 

Many people were lucky and didn't have to work today, but many others did to the benefit those of us who didn't. I thanked everyone I came across for working today, how about you?

+1 

I guess that's the way to say I could not think of a better response.  Smiling
(09-05-2016, 08:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

No he just wants to bitch. It's the typical far right wing whine that someone somewhere got something for nothing.
And it's typical for Hugo.
It must SUCK to be him.
(09-05-2016, 07:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Did he miss the "good days pay for a good days work"? 
I was NOBODYS slave! 
If, in fact, that is what he implied. Never know for sure... Wink
I don't know what he meant exactly either but it made me think.Not too long ago people had to kill and or grow their own food. Build there own homes. Cut wood to cook with and stay warm.
Not too mention livestock , barns, fences etc. I think most people worked from the time it got light till dusk.

Today we have our choice of careers to earn money and pay for all that stuff. In only 8 hours. And we make more than enough to live twice as comfortably not to mention all the toys one can acquire.
So no. Working for a living today is a blessing and no where as close to any kind of slavery.