End of Life
At some point, our lives will end. For some, it will be quick and easy, hit by a bolt of lightning on our 98th birthday. For those not so lucky it will be a disease that takes us out a day at a time. 

So it is for the poor woman in Ashland who thought she had all her ducks in a row, paperwork in place, to go out on her own terms. Not so. Laws, you know. Proving the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 

We are reminded we have other options. This poor lady got hit with early onset dementia and is now being spoon fed against her and her husbands wishes. The least of the problem is the ogong expense. 

She might have been wise to have on hand a copy of "Final Exit" or some like publication with suggestions and instructions for ending our lives when it's time for that. 

We can beat stupid laws. 

I hope this poor lady reaches the end of her life in peace, and a quickly as providence will have it. 

Excerpt: 
Former librarian Nora Harris filled out an advance directive and told family and friends she didn't want measures taken to prolong her life after she received the devastating diagnosis of early onset Alzheimer's disease.

Now unable to communicate, she is being spoon-fed because the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Office says the nursing facility where she lives must help her eat.

http://www.mailtribune.com/news/20160918...-spoon-fed

PS: Those of you who are religious, just hang onto it. No need to blast this. We won't gain a thing by debating it. 
Quote:“I'm not afraid of being dead. I'm just afraid of what you might have to go through to get there.”

Pamela Bone