Can You Hear it?
Wow, with the exception of wonky, a topic we all agree on, who says people can't find common ground?!
(09-30-2016, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wow, with the exception of wonky, a topic we all agree on, who says people can't find common ground?!

...and we all remained civil. 

OMG! Did Wonky just succeed?  Twitch
(09-30-2016, 07:14 PM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wow, with the exception of wonky, a topic we all agree on, who says people can't find common ground?!

...and we all remained civil. 

OMG! Did Wonky just succeed?  Twitch

Well Sonuvagun!

Laughing
What I think I interesting is that Wonky has said often that we should talk to each other as if we were friends meeting face to face.
And I have always said the fact that we are not necessarily friends and anonymous is why people say things on this forum they WOULDN'T say while in a group in public.

Well now Wonky that social media (FB) is so popular why are you NOT giving it a try?
I think if one doesn't have many FB friends, it probably makes little sense.
All my friends, both real and virtual, interacting is what makes it fun.
(10-01-2016, 08:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I think if one doesn't have many FB friends, it probably makes little sense.

One can make friends , I guess that's what you mean by "virtual" friends. How does it make less sense than this place?
Oh no, I agree with you.
(10-01-2016, 09:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Oh no, I agree with you.

That's OK we can do the "senseless rabid vulgar posts running off the rails" thing later.
(10-01-2016, 09:38 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 09:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Oh no, I agree with you.

That's OK we can do the "senseless rabid vulgar posts running off the rails" thing later.

Thank God for that..... Smiling
(10-01-2016, 08:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I think if one doesn't have many FB friends, it probably makes little sense.

I think this is true.

I know someone who is very quiet and withdrawn. He told me nobody sees his writing. I responded that people have to follow you or tag someone to see it.  He still doesn't really get it.
(10-01-2016, 10:46 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I think this is true.

I know someone who is very quiet and withdrawn. He told me nobody sees his writing. I responded that people have to follow you or tag someone to see it.  He still doesn't really get it.

Is he old? Because it's not all that complicated. On the other hand I think some people don't want to understand Ebay Craigslist, email or facebook.. Hell even texting.
(10-01-2016, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I think this is true.

Is he old? Because it's not all that complicated. On the other hand I think some people don't want to understand Ebay Craigslist, email or facebook.. Hell even texting.
No young. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to get it. I mean, I guess he understands it when it's said, but he still has no followers so I don't think he really does.

I think this is true.

My Dad is 78 and has learned to maneuver his way around the internet pretty well. He has a desktop, a tablet and a smart phone (although he only uses the smartphone as a phone and, as he calls it, a pocket watch). He does Gmail, Instagram, eBay, Craigslist, banking, etc. But has no desire to text or Facebook. For never having any real experience with computers for 6+ decades... I think he's doing great!

Posted via Tapatalk
(10-02-2016, 08:27 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

I think this is true.

My Dad is 78 and has learned to maneuver his way around the internet pretty well. He has a desktop, a tablet and a smart phone (although he only uses the smartphone as a phone and, as he calls it, a pocket watch).  He does Gmail, Instagram, eBay, Craigslist, banking, etc.  But has no desire to text or Facebook.  For never having any real experience with computers for 6+ decades... I think he's doing great!

Posted via Tapatalk

Computers, they're not just for geeks anymore.

I think this is true.

My Dad is 78 and has learned to maneuver his way around the internet pretty well. He has a desktop, a tablet and a smart phone (although he only uses the smartphone as a phone and, as he calls it, a pocket watch).  He does Gmail, Instagram, eBay, Craigslist, banking, etc.  But has no desire to text or Facebook.  For never having any real experience with computers for 6+ decades... I think he's doing great!

Posted via Tapatalk
Good for him. Some people are just more open minded to things than others.
(10-02-2016, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think this is true.

Posted via Tapatalk

And age had nothing to do with it! Hey, I learned to use my flip phone after only a two week class.  Wink
(10-02-2016, 02:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 10:46 AM)Juniper Wrote: I think this is true.

Posted via Tapatalk

And age had nothing to do with it! Hey, I learned to use my flip phone after only a two week class.  Wink

Yeah but too bad they didn't learn ya to buy enough minutes so you didn't have to bum rush anyone who called you.  When you make them talk fast and hurry and get off the phone Laughing Laughing
Regarding forums alive and well....with rules. Not as busy as a few years back but still kicking.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/
I hate politics. Just don't take my SS and pot
and leave me alone.
My battle cry.
(10-03-2016, 02:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I hate politics. Just don't take my SS and pot
and leave me alone.
My battle cry.

Me too