Crank up the heat!
OK, so we have not turned on any electric heat source yet, not nearly cold enough for that, but I did just light off our first fire of the season. Got plenty of wood so figured what the hell.
Wish I had a fire. It's that time of year where I have to remember where I put the oil heater.
No heat here... still have the a/c set to 70.
Woodstove going the last 3 days. Nice.
(10-03-2016, 08:09 PM)Jeep Wrote: Woodstove going the last 3 days.  Nice.

Glad cletus is still at room temperature.
(10-03-2016, 08:09 PM)Jeep Wrote: Woodstove going the last 3 days.  Nice.

Got to keep the room warm, so the herbs will dry.
Quote:Firefighters Caution Homeowners to Check Heating Systems

MEDFORD, Ore--Firefighters say if you are just turning on your heating system in the house for the first time in a while you should keep your ears and eyes open from the start.

There have been 6 house fires in both Medford and Grants Pass since Saturday.
Firefighters haven't determined the cause of all those fires yet but they are warning they see a lot of problems with radiators, and experts say they are important investments to take care off.

Brent Homan works with Advanced Air and Metal and has been working on the machines for almost 20 years. He said he has seen dozens of problems that are potentially dangerous and could be fire hazards that are easy fixes. People just have to remember to check. 
Homan said homeowners should change out their radiator filters about once every two to three months of use.
See article for video:  http://www.kdrv.com/news/local/Firefight...wsWatch_12