Great Drama!
Baseball! 

Drama without a script. Last night's SF/Cubs game was both torture and fun. 

And more to come. 

If you are not a baseball fan, consider learning the game and following next years schedule. 

Or not. Note the "consider". 

Go Giants!
(10-11-2016, 09:13 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Baseball! 

And more to come. 

If you are not a baseball fan, consider learning the game and following next years schedule. 

Go Giants!

Was the torture part because it was 16 hours long? Baseball takes too long. I've for increasing the size of the ball and shortening the distance between the mound and home plate. Make the pitcher throw underhand. Then take away one out fielder.

They should try that. I bet the games would go a lot faster with a lot more action.
(10-11-2016, 10:47 AM)tvguy Wrote:

And more to come. 

Go Giants!

Was the torture part because it was 16 hours long? Baseball takes too long. I've for increasing the size of the ball and shortening the distance between the mound and home plate. Make the pitcher throw underhand. Then take away one out fielder.

They should try that. I bet the games would go a lot faster with a lot more action.

Or you could just watch volleyball.
(10-11-2016, 12:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

And more to come. 

Go Giants!

Actually you were supposed to know I was describing softball, that was the joke.
So, the drama for the SF Giants has ended. 

Now, the contest of the winning teams to find the best of the best for this year. 

In a world of rabbit holes and unbelievable disfunction and horror, it's a comfort to take a few moments and follow the daily contests of competitive sports. I choose baseball. 

The games may be of little importance when seen in the grand scheme of things, but the diversion it provides gives me a balance I find necessary and important. 

Long live baseball.
(10-11-2016, 11:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-11-2016, 12:27 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

And more to come. 

Go Giants!

Actually you were supposed to know I was describing softball, that was the joke.

I suspected as much. I just increased the size of the ball and changed the rules a bit.   Razz