G.P. Officer Involved Shooting
Quote:BREAKING: Grants Pass Parkway is shut down at F Street for the officer-involved shooting investigation. Detours are being set up. Expect SWAT vehicles and heavy police presence throughout the day.

ODOT: Parkway closed between F & M Streets for law enforcement activity. Expect lengthy closure.
http://www.kdrv.com/news/Officer-Involve..._Pass.html
(10-13-2016, 09:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
Quote:BREAKING: Grants Pass Parkway is shut down at F Street for the officer-involved shooting investigation. Detours are being set up. Expect SWAT vehicles and heavy police presence throughout the day.

ODOT: Parkway closed between F & M Streets for law enforcement activity. Expect lengthy closure.
http://www.kdrv.com/news/Officer-Involve..._Pass.html

Well that is certainly some news.....have to text my wife not to go that way today, she was planning a trip to Fred Meyer.
Crazy guy wrecking cars crashed, armed with a knife. Tasered, beanbagged, kept coming.  So they shot him. Bye Felicia.

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Armed_Man_Kille..._Pass.html
(10-13-2016, 12:19 PM)Hugo Wrote: Crazy guy wrecking cars crashed, armed with a knife. Tasered, beanbagged, kept coming.  So they shot him. Bye Felicia.

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Armed_Man_Kille..._Pass.html

Oh how I love happy endings.  Big Grin

Unless he was mentally ill, then it's all Ronny Reagan's fault.  Smiling
It appears they start early to get their crazy on in JoCo.
(10-13-2016, 12:33 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It appears they start early to get their crazy on in JoCo.

Suicide by cop.
Have they dropped a name yet?
(10-14-2016, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote: Have they dropped a name yet?

KAJO said this morning "the deceased has not yet been identified by police"

But I don't know if that meant they don't know who it is or they have not released who it is yet?
I was checking if there was any mention in the OSP info and found this site that may be interesting to peruse. 

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
 Shawn Pappe, age 46, of Gold Hill. 
(10-14-2016, 02:07 PM)Valuesize Wrote:  Shawn Pappe, age 46, of Gold Hill. 

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shawn-Pa...9178300463
Officer involved fatal shootings are not supposed to happen in smaller communities..... Oh never mind.

If only Pappe only listen to the Grants Pass Police Officer. This shooting would have not happened.
The dude had a friggin knife. Why the frak do cops feel the need to shoot to kill when they are not at risk? You can't tell me that they couldn't have shot him in the hand or arm that held the knife and stopped him in his tracks... without killing the dude.

Posted via Tapatalk
(10-16-2016, 09:24 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The dude had a friggin knife. Why the frak do cops feel the need to shoot to kill when they are not at risk?  You can't tell me that they couldn't have shot him in the hand or arm that held the knife and stopped him in his tracks... without killing the dude.  

Posted via Tapatalk

Yah, okay. The Officer is trained to aim for center of mass of the target. If you aim for a arm you might kill or injured an innocent person when (The Officer) miss your target. An arm will move to fast. Once "lock on" to the fast moving target and it will move. You miss will cause property damage, injury or even death to an innocent person. It's not the right thing to do.

I tell you now. Firearms, boom sticks, guns whatever you want to call them are used for one main person to an Police Officer or even a CWP holder such as myself. A persuasion tool. A Police Officer or CWP holder will use their gun to talk another person with a potential lethal weapon out it. Just like an appliance store salesperson will talk you into buying a product from their store.

Did you know you have a potential lethal weapon with you everytime you drive your car? It's in the trunk underneath all the junk. It's called a lug wrench or tire iron. Think about that.
(10-16-2016, 09:50 PM)Oscar Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 09:24 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The dude had a friggin knife. Why the frak do cops feel the need to shoot to kill when they are not at risk?  You can't tell me that they couldn't have shot him in the hand or arm that held the knife and stopped him in his tracks... without killing the dude.  

Posted via Tapatalk

Yah, okay. The Officer is trained to aim for center of mass of the target. If you aim for a arm you might kill or injured an innocent person when (The Officer) miss your target. An arm will move to fast. Once "lock on" to the fast moving target and it will move. You miss will cause property damage, injury or even death to an innocent person. It's not the right thing to do.

I tell you now. Firearms, boom sticks, guns whatever you want to call them are used for one main person to an Police Officer or even a CWP holder such as myself. A persuasion tool. A Police Officer or CWP holder will use their gun to talk another person with a potential lethal weapon out it. Just like an appliance store salesperson will talk you into buying a product from their store.

Did you know you have a potential lethal weapon with you everytime you drive your car? It's in the trunk underneath all the junk. It's called a lug wrench or tire iron. Think about that.

What ever.  Shoot him in the leg.  Shoot him in the shoulder.  Shooting to kill, in this case, seems over kill.
(10-16-2016, 09:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 09:50 PM)Oscar Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

What ever.  Shoot him in the leg.  Shoot him in the shoulder.  Shooting to kill, in this case, seems over kill.

I read that they did indeed try and use non lethal force. If that fails and someone is coming at you with a knife no one has the right to say they should have tried to stop a person with a shot to the shoulder or his arm.

If you think either of those two shots will always stop someone you are wrong. I saw a video of a cop who was fighting with a guy and the guy got shot point blank in the stomach with a 45.

The guy continued to fight with the cop for several minutes even after being shot.

Posted via Tapatalk

Laughing  Cause a knife won't hurt anyone, right?
(10-16-2016, 09:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What ever.  Shoot him in the leg.  Shoot him in the shoulder.  Shooting to kill, in this case, seems over kill.
Okay, I can go with that. Should the Grants Pass Public Safety (AKA: Fire and Police Departments) practice trail and error life & death defensive tactics?

Just a simple question. Coming from the nincompoop who joined the SPD in 1995.
(10-17-2016, 06:57 PM)Oscar Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 09:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What ever.  Shoot him in the leg.  Shoot him in the shoulder.  Shooting to kill, in this case, seems over kill.
Okay, I can go with that. Should the Grants Pass Public Safety (AKA: Fire and Police Departments) practice trail and error life & death defensive tactics?

Just a simple question. Coming from the nincompoop who joined the SPD in 1995.

Maybe the officer though he saw a Quran in the car.

The question is, how many times did they shoot him?

Did they waste bullets?