I5 MP52 car crash
Quote:[Image: FANewswireLogo.jpg]
ODOT: SW Oregon - I-5 NB @ MP 52: The northbound fast lane is open after a wrong way driver/head on crash, 4 miles north of Rogue River. Wreckage is off the highway. The NB slow lane and shoulder are closed for investigation.
Expect delays and congestion. Watch for crews working the crash scene. UPDATE Posted: Sat. 22nd, 04:58 PM
(10-22-2016, 06:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:
ODOT: SW Oregon - I-5 NB @ MP 52: The northbound fast lane is open after a wrong way driver/head on crash, 4 miles north of Rogue River. Wreckage is off the highway. The NB slow lane and shoulder are closed for investigation.
Expect delays and congestion. Watch for crews working the crash scene. UPDATE Posted: Sat. 22nd, 04:58 PM

I thought you post was about a 15 MPH car crash Razz
Downloadable file: IMG_7877.JPG

On October 22, 2016 OSP received information about a 2011 silver Mercedes sedan that was involved with possible drug trafficking and had an endangered female as a passenger. The information was this vehicle was traveling to Grants Pass from Medford. OSP Troopers were provided this information and actively looking for the vehicle.

On October 22, 2016 at about 3:30PM, an OSP Trooper observed the Mercedes northbound on Interstate 5 near milepost 55, noting it had committed at least two traffic violations. The Mercedes exited Interstate 5 and began to travel west on Grants Pass Parkway. The trooper attempted to stop it at the intersection of Grants Pass Parkway and Agness Avenue.

The vehicle pulled into a Sharis Restaurant parking lot near that intersection in response to being pulled over. Once in the parking lot, a female passenger exited the vehicle and fled on foot. The Mercedes then sped away traveling on Grants Pass Parkway towards Interstate 5.

The trooper began to pursue the vehicle which drove the wrong direction onto the Interstate 5 northbound off-ramp (milepost 55). The trooper did not follow the Mercedes the wrong direction onto the off-ramp and immediately terminated the pursuit do the actions of the driver.

A short time later, OSP received a report of a head-on crash at milepost 52 on Interstate 5 northbound. Upon emergency crews arriving, they discovered the Mercedes had collided head-on with a northbound 2004 Toyota Camry. The driver of the Toyota, Vicki L BIGHAM, age 61, of Merlin, was seriously injured and taken to Providence Medford Medical Center.

It is believed one occupant of the Mercedes fled into a nearby wooded area. Another occupant attempted to force his way into other motorists' vehicles without success. This occupant, identified as Jacob R STROCK, age 25, was subsequently taken to Providence Medford Medical Center with serious injuries.

Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to search for the other occupant of the Mercedes, including a K9 team from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office. After extensively searching the area, the other person could not be located. There is no description of the unknown occupant and it is still being investigated if STROCK was a passenger or the driver. The female that fled in the Sharis parking lot was later identified has been contacted by investigators. Her name will be released at a later time.

If anyone has information on this incident or witnessed the crash they are asked to call the Oregon State Police at 541-776-6111. OSP was assisted by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, Grants Pass Department of Public Safety, and the Oregon Department of Transportation. No further information to be released at this time.
(10-23-2016, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 06:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I thought you post was about a 15 MPH car crash Razz

Who's idea was it, to make a 1 look like an I?