Mountain Mushrooms
We were given these from someone who has picked for years, but I'm leery of eating mushrooms not bought at the store. 

Clete and Ponder are the only one's I can recall proclaiming expert status. One is dead and one MIA. Anyone here know these? Opinions? Comments? TIA

[Image: 20161029_173012_zpsqzz7bwqu.jpg]
My opinion?  Mushrooms are icky.  There ya have it!  Big Grin
(10-29-2016, 05:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My opinion?  Mushrooms are icky.  There ya have it!  Big Grin

Mushrooms are great
[Image: Bo_Y2ryIcAAtitE-e1402699829183.jpg]
Well my wife is intent on eating these tonight. Since my kids aren't old enough to fend for themselves yet, I'll have to pass and see if she lives through the night.  Embarrassed
(10-29-2016, 06:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well my wife is intent on eating these tonight. Since my kids aren't old enough to fend for themselves yet, I'll have to pass and see if she lives through the night.  Embarrassed

Lol

I am lacking in the mushroom knowledge area, except for morels.  My dad is a mushroom guy and I am still leery when he shows me edible varieties. He is not dead yet so I guess he knows a thing or two about them.
(10-29-2016, 05:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote: We were given these from someone who has picked for years, but I'm leery of eating mushrooms not bought at the store. 

Clete and Ponder are the only one's I can recall proclaiming expert status. One is dead and one MIA. Anyone here know these? Opinions? Comments? TIA

[Image: 20161029_173012_zpsqzz7bwqu.jpg]

They're Chantrells aren't they? Those are awesome. I'd eat the crap out of them.. Well after the wife of course.
(10-29-2016, 07:01 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 06:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well my wife is intent on eating these tonight. Since my kids aren't old enough to fend for themselves yet, I'll have to pass and see if she lives through the night.  Embarrassed

Lol

I am lacking in the mushroom knowledge area, except for morels.  My dad is a mushroom guy and I am still leery when he shows me edible varieties. He is not dead yet so I guess he knows a thing or two about them.

Funny, people tell me that I'm lacking in morels.
She just saute them in butter salt and pepper. They don't have any flavor  or maybe just a mild flavor.
(10-29-2016, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: She just saute them in butter salt and pepper. They don't have any flavor  or maybe just a mild flavor.

Let us know if she starts hallucinating.
(10-29-2016, 07:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 07:01 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Lol

Funny, people tell me that I'm lacking in morels.

No but sometimes your cornball humor is lacking Smiling  Just sometimes.
(10-29-2016, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: She just saute them in butter salt and pepper. They don't have any flavor  or maybe just a mild flavor.

I wonder if you cooked them too long or something. The Chanterelles I've eaten had an amazing flavor unlike any other mushroom I've eaten.
Here's how they are described on Wiki....

It emits a fruity aroma, reminiscent of apricots and a mildly peppery taste (hence its German name, Pfifferling) and is considered an excellent edible mushroom.
(10-30-2016, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I wonder if you cooked them too long or something. The Chanterelles I've eaten had an amazing flavor unlike any other mushroom I've eaten.

It emits a fruity aroma, reminiscent of apricots and a mildly peppery taste (hence its German name, Pfifferling) and is considered an excellent edible mushroom.

How long should you cook them?
(10-30-2016, 01:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

How would I know? I don't know how to cook a hot dog. I'm gonna say a couple of hours. Yeah , that ought to do it. Razz

I told my wife you said :They don't have any flavor  or maybe just a mild flavor" and she asked if you were a smoker.
(10-30-2016, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

How would I know? I don't know how to cook a hot dog. I'm gonna say a couple of hours. Yeah , that ought to do it. Razz

I told my wife you said :They don't have any flavor  or maybe just a mild flavor" and she asked if you were a smoker.

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here. Then I read a response like that and when I stop laughing I have an answer!   Laughing Big Grin
(10-30-2016, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: How would I know? I don't know how to cook a hot dog. I'm gonna say a couple of hours. Yeah , that ought to do it. Razz

No neither of us are. Maybe they aren't Chanterelles? My wife is going to the market so I told her to buy a few to compare the taste.
(10-30-2016, 04:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: How would I know? I don't know how to cook a hot dog. I'm gonna say a couple of hours. Yeah , that ought to do it. Razz

No neither of us are. Maybe they aren't Chanterelles? My wife is going to the market so I told her to buy a few to compare the taste.

Jeez man. She survived eating those mushrooms so you just keep tryin'??   Razz
(10-30-2016, 02:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

How would I know? I don't know how to cook a hot dog. I'm gonna say a couple of hours. Yeah , that ought to do it.

Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing here. Then I read a response like that and when I stop laughing I have an answer!   Big Grin
+1

Posted via Tapatalk
I would guess, you only cook them for about a minute.