Bit Coins, An economic game changer.
Quote:From 11 November, customers will be able to trade Swiss francs for Bitcoins using ticket machines.
They will not be able to buy tickets with the web-based currency, though.
The SBB said it had been testing customer demand for Bitcoin across the country, and had decided to launch a two-year pilot project.
To buy Bitcoins, would-be purchasers will have to give a mobile phone number for identification.
Transactions will be capped at 500 Swiss Francs (£415 / $500) each. One Bitcoin currently equals around 708.64 Swiss Francs, but it is possible to buy fractions of the currency.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37810438
(10-30-2016, 10:13 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:From 11 November, customers will be able to trade Swiss francs for Bitcoins using ticket machines.
The SBB said it had been testing customer demand for Bitcoin across the country, and had decided to launch a two-year pilot project.
To buy Bitcoins, would-be purchasers will have to give a mobile phone number for identification.
Transactions will be capped at 500 Swiss Francs (£415 / $500) each. One Bitcoin currently equals around 708.64 Swiss Francs, but it is possible to buy fractions of the currency.

I haven't heard much about bitcoin in quite a while now. I thought maybe they were losing their popularity.
(10-30-2016, 10:39 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I haven't heard much about bitcoin in quite a while now. I thought maybe they were losing their popularity.

A brilliant concept who's time has not yet come. 

20 years?
(10-30-2016, 11:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

20 years?

We may disagree on just how brilliant it may or may not be, but it will likely prevail in one form or another and probably in much less then 20 years.
(10-30-2016, 11:45 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

20 years?

We may disagree on just how brilliant it may or may not be, but it will likely prevail in one form or another and probably in much less then 20 years.

I think what is holding people back is the same thing that holds some people back from using a credit card to buy something on the internet. Paranoia.

For me I would use them if it was any advantage. I don't see how it is for me.
(10-30-2016, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 10:13 AM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37810438

20 years?

I think what is holding people back is the same thing that holds some people back from using a credit card to buy something on the internet. Paranoia.

Yeah that, and they've had some pretty dramatic security failures.
(10-30-2016, 01:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 12:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2016, 10:39 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I haven't heard much about bitcoin in quite a while now. I thought maybe they were losing their popularity.

20 years?

Yeah that, and they've had some pretty dramatic security failures.

Well, U.S. Currency was once backed by gold or silver, now the "Full faith and credit of the United States". 

Bitcoin is backed by only it's "demand" value and for now will be just less volatile than sea shells or glass beads.