Trump's tax cut for the rich
Quote:"If you look at the most wealthy, the top 1 percent would get about half of the benefits of his tax cuts, and a millionaire, for example, would get an average tax cut of $317,000," she says.

But a family earning between $40,000 and $50,000 a year would get a tax cut of only $560, she says, and millions of middle-class working families will see their tax bills rise under Trump's plan — especially single-parent families.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/13/501739277/...s-tax-plan
(11-19-2016, 07:05 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:"If you look at the most wealthy, the top 1 percent would get about half of the benefits of his tax cuts, and a millionaire, for example, would get an average tax cut of $317,000," she says.

But a family earning between $40,000 and $50,000 a year would get a tax cut of only $560, she says, and millions of middle-class working families will see their tax bills rise under Trump's plan — especially single-parent families.

You can't put a price on not having Hillary for president.  Rolling Eyes

Sure Trump lied and and they were duped, but it's OK. Trump is going to make America great again and they are going to pay for it.  Laughing
(11-19-2016, 09:41 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Sure Trump lied and and they were duped, but it's OK. Trump is going to make America great again and they are going to pay for it.  Laughing

As the poor folks, pour out of this country, The Mexicans are going to pay to build a wall, to keep us out.
What a brilliant plan. Laughing
(11-19-2016, 01:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 09:41 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

As the poor folks, pour out of this country, The Mexicans are going to pay to build a wall, to keep us out.
What a brilliant plan. Laughing

Laughing
Sneaky bastard!
NPR is the lefts version of Infowars on the right.
(11-19-2016, 04:17 PM)Hugo Wrote: NPR is the lefts version of Infowars on the right.
Curious...what NPR program do you find all that biased?
(11-19-2016, 04:17 PM)Hugo Wrote: NPR is the lefts version of Infowars on the right.

Banal.
(11-19-2016, 05:00 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Banal.

At best! 
How the hell did we get so divided? I occasionally remember LBJ quoting Isiah saying "Come, let us reason together..." 

This forum has long been a microcosm of what our national politic has become. 

But, it is what it is and now TVg will tag me with "hall monitoring". So be it.
(11-19-2016, 09:57 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So who has read trumps tax plan?

I'll read it after I see him release his taxes. We need to see what he's hiding and it's best if he releases them before someone does it for him. Here's three words you'll be hearing a lot of in the days to come. 

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.
(11-19-2016, 05:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Banal.

At best! 
How the hell did we get so divided? I occasionally remember LBJ quoting Isiah saying "Come, let us reason together..." 

How could we ever find middle ground with someone who believes NPR is the lefts equivalent of Info wars.

Alex Jones is literally a lunatic. Even the commercials on his show are geared towards nuts.

I disagree that this forum is an accurate microcosm. There's no way that most right wingers are as obsessed and hateful as OL or as SFlib or capitalist pig.
Those guys are zealots, extremest and even Hugo is farther right than most .

I can't think of anyone on the left who is as FAR left as these guys are FAR right.. not since Ponder and Leonard.
(11-20-2016, 02:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 05:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Banal.

At best! 

How could we ever find middle ground with someone who believes NPR is the lefts equivalent of Info wars.

Alex Jones is literally a lunatic. Even the commercials on his show are geared towards nuts.

I disagree that this forum is an accurate microcosm. There's no way that most right wingers are as obsessed and hateful as OL or as SFlib or capitalist pig.
Those guys are zealots, extremest and even Hugo is farther right than most .

I can't think of anyone on the left who is as FAR left as these guys are FAR right.. not since Ponder and Leonard.

Say what? Hey, I'm as far left as you can get and not end up in a ditch. I think the government should pay for your dog food from our taxes, and the state should give you free fertilizer for you pot pots. Matter of fact, I think work is overrated and we all should get a cut of the Kock Brothers money so we could buy better booze and take trips to Disneyland. Come to think of it, I feel strongly that Hugo should take us all out for pizza at least four times a year 'cause he has a 401(k) and works enough for all of us. 

"Cause I belive in Trickle Down.  Razz
(11-19-2016, 10:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I'll read it after I see him release his taxes. We need to see what he's hiding and it's best if he releases them before someone does it for him. Here's three words you'll be hearing a lot of in the days to come. 

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing
Releasing his tax return is the left's version of the right demanding Obama release his birth certificate.

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.....
(11-21-2016, 07:40 AM)GPnative Wrote:

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing
Releasing his tax return is the left's version of the right demanding Obama release his birth certificate.

Thanks for the laugh. Talk about having your head in the sand.
(11-21-2016, 08:08 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the laugh. Talk about having your head in the sand.

Yeah, an almost perfect example of apples and oranges.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

It was kkkillary that started the birth certificate thing.

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

Except that even when Obama had the state of Hawaii release his BC a bunch of idiots like Trump STILL cried foul and kept on with the ignorance.
Pretty lousy analogy since Trump did not release his tax returns and Obama did release his BC.
(11-21-2016, 12:37 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

I was not here who rode that horse in to the ground even after the BC was made public.

She was not  a BIRTHER and a BIRTHER is now defined as a total idiot who can't or won't accept the truth even when it's been proven.

You know... Like Donald.
(11-21-2016, 12:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

I was not here who rode that horse in to the ground even after the BC was made public.

She was not  a BIRTHER and a BIRTHER is now defined as a total idiot who can't or won't accept the truth even when it's been proven.

You know... Like Donald.

(11-21-2016, 12:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

Except that even when Obama had the state of Hawaii release his BC a bunch of idiots like Trump STILL cried foul and kept on with the ignorance.
Pretty lousy analogy since Trump did not release his tax returns and Obama did release his BC.

It's a great analogy, it proves that both sides get hung up on bullshit that has zero impact on the inevitable. Trump WILL be president. Obama WAS president. Neither document, tax return or birth cert, changes a damn thing. Folks like VS just want more ammo to hate trump so they are all twisted up over his tax return, just like when folks were all twisted up over the birth cert. It's all meaningless noise and a waste of time.
(11-21-2016, 12:56 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 12:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 10:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'll read it after I see him release his taxes. We need to see what he's hiding and it's best if he releases them before someone does it for him. Here's three words you'll be hearing a lot of in the days to come. 

CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

Laughing Laughing

You know... Like Donald.

No shit Larry.. FINALLY

On April 27, 2011, President Obama made public his long form birth certificate.

But here is what the Moron in Chief had to say AFTER the long form BC was released....

August 6, 2012, in a tweet more than a year after Obama released his longform birth certificate
9. "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."
- August 2013, to ABC News
10. "How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama's 'birth certificate' died in plane crash today. All others lived."

Trump is either incredibly stupid or a racist to have continued to make such IDIOTIC claims.
I don't see how anyone can not admit as much.