Finally
(12-07-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I don't give crap about Fidel Castro. I am happy that Alaska Airlines now has direct flights from LA to Havana. It won't be long till I get down there, assuming things continue to improve between the US and Cuba.

I can understand you don't "give a crap" about Fidel Castro. I mean, he's dead after all.  Wink. But his brother is alive and well and the few who surround him are despots. So, after you are well fed and have enjoyed a few exotic drinks take a walk into the neighborhoods where the "common" folks live and see if you can find an English speaking indigenous person who will speak candidly with you. 

Not suggesting you should not visit and enjoy your stay. But just because our government has cracked open a tiny space for travel to that island does not change the political reality there. It's harsh and brutal for many, and we can only hope the regime there falls of it's own dead and corrupt weight.
(12-07-2016, 07:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I don't give crap about Fidel Castro. I am happy that Alaska Airlines now has direct flights from LA to Havana. It won't be long till I get down there, assuming things continue to improve between the US and Cuba.

Is that LA, Alaska?
(12-07-2016, 11:00 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I can understand you don't "give a crap" about Fidel Castro. I mean, he's dead after all.  Wink. But his brother is alive and well and the few who surround him are despots. So, after you are well fed and have enjoyed a few exotic drinks take a walk into the neighborhoods where the "common" folks live and see if you can find an English speaking indigenous person who will speak candidly with you. 

Not suggesting you should not visit and enjoy your stay. But just because our government has cracked open a tiny space for travel to that island does not change the political reality there. It's harsh and brutal for many, and we can only hope the regime there falls of it's own dead and corrupt weight.

Or we've been lied to.
He might have been Buddy Castro.
[Image: buddy%20castro.png]
So castro sent henchmen to Hanoi from 1967-1969 to torture and American POWs at a place called the zoo. I never knew that.
(12-08-2016, 08:22 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So castro sent henchmen to Hanoi from 1967-1969 to torture and American POWs at a place called the zoo. I never knew that.

Maybe you just forgot.  Razz

Why are you ashamed of your "news source?  Rolling Eyes

Breitbart.com (the  king of fake news) begins their article with "What has gone virtually unreported, however, is the direct and instrumental role Castro played in the torture and murder of American POWs in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The story of Castro’s atrocities against American soldiers in this conflict is rarely ever told, least of all by our mainstream media.

Is Reuters MSM enough for you? From 2008: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN11638023
(12-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 08:22 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So castro sent henchmen to Hanoi from 1967-1969 to torture and American POWs at a place called the zoo. I never knew that.

Breitbart.com (the  king of fake news) begins their article with "What has gone virtually unreported, however, is the direct and instrumental role Castro played in the torture and murder of American POWs in Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The story of Castro’s atrocities against American soldiers in this conflict is rarely ever told, least of all by our mainstream media.

Is Reuters MSM enough for you? From 2008: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN11638023
Just never heard about it before. But it makes it even more clear why you demokkkratikkks like him so much.
(12-08-2016, 09:28 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 09:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Just never heard about it before. But it makes it even more clear why you demokkkratikkks like him so much.

Was that on the same page as, the B52 found in a crater on the moon.

I want to go to Hanoi too. Really. Some of youz bitches never get over anything.