Christmas...Yet Again.
Seems to happen every year. 

I'm not a believer. That is, I don't believe in the story of Jesus. (Or any other deity) 

But, I've put up the Christmas lights, Mrs. Wonky will be mailing cards (woman's work  Embarrassed) and we wiill buy token gifts for the grandkids. 

We will "kill the fatted calf" (as it were) and enjoy all the treats the seasons offers. 

Because we have friends who are Christians who not only celebrate the holidays but also worship and are thankful for the birth of Christ. I value their fellowship and so celibrate along with them, less the prayer thing about the virgin birth. 

It's a wonderful and joyful season and I am so very thankful for the many blessing I enjoy. While I won't be thanking Jesus for them, it seems like a good time to join in and share that thankful sprint of the "season". 

For all you Christian folks I hope you connenct and feel the wonder of the magic of The Birth. Merry Christmas. 

For all you (us) infidels, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
(12-04-2016, 10:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Seems to happen every year. 

I'm not a believer. That is, I don't believe in the story of Jesus. (Or any other deity) 

But, I've put up the Christmas lights, Mrs. Wonky will be mailing cards (woman's work  Embarrassed) and we wiill buy token gifts for the grandkids. 

We will "kill the fatted calf" (as it were) and enjoy all the treats the seasons offers. 

Because we have friends who are Christians who not only celebrate the holidays but also worship and are thankful for the birth of Christ. I value their fellowship and so celibrate along with them, less the prayer thing about the virgin birth. 

It's a wonderful and joyful season and I am so very thankful for the many blessing I enjoy. While I won't be thanking Jesus for them, it seems like a good time to join in and share that thankful sprint of the "season". 

For all you Christian folks I hope you connenct and feel the wonder of the magic of The Birth. Merry Christmas. 

Right on. I still need to put up some lights. And my wife hasn't even suggested it yet.. That makes me wonder.Now I feel bad. What Queenie wants she gets. Tomorrow anyway.
(12-04-2016, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Right on. I still need to put up some lights. And my wife hasn't even suggested it yet.. That makes me wonder.Now I feel bad. What Queenie wants she gets. Tomorrow anyway.

I still haven't got around to taking down the lights from last year.
(12-04-2016, 05:16 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Why do I think you are serious? 
Why am I not surprised?

And why does the sun set in the west? (Well it APPEARS to be setting in the west)
(12-04-2016, 06:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

And why does the sun set in the west? (Well it APPEARS to be setting in the west)

Because your all knowing.
(12-04-2016, 07:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Why am I not surprised?

The English langauge is a bitch, ain't it?  Big Grin 
Still, a forgiving thing: I understand your meaning. 
God, I wish I knew just one thing well!
(12-05-2016, 11:09 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 04:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: Right on. I still need to put up some lights. And my wife hasn't even suggested it yet.. That makes me wonder.Now I feel bad. What Queenie wants she gets. Tomorrow anyway.

Why am I not surprised?

You should have said I understand you're meaning Razz
(12-05-2016, 12:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 05:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: I still haven't got around to taking down the lights from last year.

Why am I not surprised?

You're = You are.
Your = Belonging to or associated with the person that the speaker is addressing.
(12-05-2016, 12:48 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 06:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Why do I think you are serious? 
Why am I not surprised?

You're = You are.
Your = Belonging to or associated with the person that the speaker is addressing.

LOL My comment was a joke went over "YOUR" head .
(12-05-2016, 12:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 12:48 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-04-2016, 07:36 PM)chuck white Wrote: Because your all knowing.

You're = You are.

LOL My comment was a joke went over "YOUR" head .
You can't even keep up with the stuff that goes over my head!  Wink