Merry Christmas
It's finally here. I am happy for all the kids that got presents and to all the adults with kids whose stress levels are coming down. 

I did not get much but I got what I wanted. Reservations baby.
(12-25-2016, 09:06 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It's finally here. I am happy for all the kids that got presents and to all the adults with kids whose stress levels are coming down. 

...and to you Clete, and all the good folks of the RVF. It's a very special day and even those of us who don't "worship" enjoy the day for all the joy it brings. 

We know that for some, this is a stressful time: Those stuggling without jobs, some dealing with other "life issues" and the many bumps in the road life can throw at us. I'm sure we all wish the very best in the coming year for those who have had to face these things, and that 2017 is a real turn aournd for them. 

Merry Christmas, all, and the very best in the coming New Year!
(12-25-2016, 09:06 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It's finally here. I am happy for all the kids that got presents and to all the adults with kids whose stress levels are coming down. 

You know we got some much needed good news Wednesday about boy, they were able to put a diagnosis to the types of seizure patterns he has. What it does now is give a more definite treatment plan and opens up for more tests up at OHSU to make sure his brain is cooperating with the plan. Also there is a decent possibility they will taper off after puberty. It's a long road ahead but there is light at the end of the tunnel. It has made this day much happier.
Merry Christmas to all.

While the little one repeats "When can we open presents? When can we open presents? the teen just buries herself deeper in her bed.  Laughing
(12-25-2016, 09:35 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

You know we got some much needed good news Wednesday about boy, they were able to put a diagnosis to the types of seizure patterns he has. What it does now is give a more definite treatment plan and opens up for more tests up at OHSU to make sure his brain is cooperating with the plan. Also there is a decent possibility they will taper off after puberty. It's a long road ahead but there is light at the end of the tunnel. It has made this day much happier.

I hope the diagnosis proves to be even more positive than now suspected! I can only image the burden it would lift from all your lives. 
Wishing you the best!

That is actually awesome to hear. Smiling
(12-25-2016, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That is actually awesome to hear. Smiling

Thanks, yes it is, aftern watching them prep him for life support the day before thanksgiving it sure does help to  know how to possibly prevent that again or worse.
[Image: 15747529_936918523074826_342374600756040...e=58FBBFDE]
[Image: 15747536_1205241572844208_51507424872081...e=58D62215]
[Image: marijuana-christmas-meme-5.jpg]
Merry Christmas for Obama's home town.

Over 40 people were shot, 11 fatally in Chicago this Christmas weekend.  That bring the years total to 4307 people shot for 2016, and the total number of fatalities now sits at 763 for 2016.  

I guess blacks lives really don't matter if they are killed by other blacks......
(12-26-2016, 05:39 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: Merry Christmas for Obama's home town.

Over 40 people were shot, 11 fatally in Chicago this Christmas weekend.  That bring the years total to 4307 people shot for 2016, and the total number of fatalities now sits at 763 for 2016.  

I guess blacks lives really don't matter if they are killed by other blacks......

Not enough threads about politics for you to puke out your far right vomit?
(12-26-2016, 06:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I guess Chritmas is REALLY over.  Sad
(12-26-2016, 09:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I guess Chritmas is REALLY over.  Sad

Must it end on a bad note? We had a wonderful Christmas and and if the neighbors aren't too crazy, we'll have a great New Years Eve as well. I'll leave you with a little trivia.....  Big Grin

Which sentence is "far right" anything?  I think he printed some facts.
(12-29-2016, 05:38 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Right-0h. Facts is facts. Lots of folks shooting one another. 

But there seems to be an undercurrent of perverse pleasure SFlib finds in noting these are "black people". 

Unless we have at least a basic understanding of the history of the Northern Migration of working people from the South to the industrial North, it hard to recognize the way the "ghetto" formed and continued to be a place so very hard to get out off. 

Tragic. An no end in sight. Far more complex than just black skin. 

More folks get shot in rural Illinois Valley than Jacksonville or the foothils of Old East Medford. Wonder why?

Yeah well it figures YOU couldn't see it.

Pretty obvious SF wants to blame Obama for the violence in Chicago and yeah that's a common far right stupid ass accusation.
(12-29-2016, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But there seems to be an undercurrent of perverse pleasure SFlib finds in noting these are "black people". 

Unless we have at least a basic understanding of the history of the Northern Migration of working people from the South to the industrial North, it hard to recognize the way the "ghetto" formed and continued to be a place so very hard to get out off. 

More folks get shot in rural Illinois Valley than Jacksonville or the foothils of Old East Medford. Wonder why?

That's a good question because rural Illinois Valley isn't Obama's home town is it?
(12-30-2016, 11:53 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

That's a good question because rural Illinois Valley isn't Obama's home town is it?

Just wait, from January 20th on, you are going to hear about the wonderous things Trump is doing with scarcely any mention of Obama.