The gifts I gave for Christmas
(12-27-2016, 09:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I gave money to my wife and she bought most of the presents. We buy for immediate family and extended family if they live here in the Rogue Valley. 

Christmas is mostly about me. What I gave and what I got. And what I got for myself is reservations to go to Hawaii. Woohoo! My new goal is to get out of Oregon 3 times a year during the winter or maybe just twice if I stay longer than 20 days each time. 

Clete's advice to all of you is to go somewhere. I know Wonk doesn't like to travel, but for those of you that might, just do it. You will feel refreshed by the new serroundings, I promise.
Unfortunately we can't travel right now, but if we get the chance again we will take it. We travel by vehicle though since boy doesn't want to fly.
(12-27-2016, 12:17 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 09:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I gave money to my wife and she bought most of the presents. We buy for immediate family and extended family if they live here in the Rogue Valley. 

Christmas is mostly about me. What I gave and what I got. And what I got for myself is reservations to go to Hawaii. Woohoo! My new goal is to get out of Oregon 3 times a year during the winter or maybe just twice if I stay longer than 20 days each time. 

Clete's advice to all of you is to go somewhere. I know Wonk doesn't like to travel, but for those of you that might, just do it. You will feel refreshed by the new serroundings, I promise.
Unfortunately we can't travel right now, but if we get the chance again we will take it. We travel by vehicle though since boy doesn't want to fly.

Well when you can, a trip to the desert in Southern California with a stop in farmland for avocados, oranges and everything good from California would be a nice week out of the weather.
(12-27-2016, 01:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Well when you can, a trip to the desert in Southern California with a stop in farmland for avocados, oranges and everything good from California would be a nice week out of the weather.
I have lived in the deserts in California, and my father still does. He lives in yucca valley a mile from the entrance to Joshua tree national park. It's definitely nice weather right now but this is their time of the year for the northern winds, makes it below freezing with the wind chill typically. We might make a trip to Portland soon since OHSU is up there if anything happens and he already has a history there now.
(12-27-2016, 04:29 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

I have lived in the deserts in California, and my father still does. He lives in yucca valley a mile from the entrance to Joshua tree national park. It's definitely nice weather right now but this is their time of the year for the northern winds, makes it below freezing with the wind chill typically. We might make a trip to Portland soon since OHSU is up there if anything happens and he already has a history there now.
I like visiting the California desert, don't think I would like living there permanently. 

Portland has plenty to keep you busy for a weekend. 

When I drive into Portland on I-5 I often see the sky tram to OHSU. I have considered take it up for the view. I might in the summer.
(12-27-2016, 09:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I like visiting the California desert, don't think I would like living there permanently. 

When I drive into Portland on I-5 I often see the sky tram to OHSU. I have considered take it up for the view. I might in the summer.

The Sky Tram Ride is short, sweet, and crowded. Worth it. Once.

"Portland has plenty to keep you busy for a weekend". What? They too have a Blackbird store!
(12-27-2016, 09:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 09:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 12:17 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Unfortunately we can't travel right now, but if we get the chance again we will take it. We travel by vehicle though since boy doesn't want to fly.

The Sky Tram Ride is short, sweet, and crowded. Worth it. Once.

"Portland has plenty to keep you busy for a weekend". What? They too have a Blackbird store!

I don't think so but they did have Wacky Willy's! Sadly I think they closed some years ago. A great loss.

[Image: 15698029_1266235436753047_55575072639187...e=58EC540B]
(12-28-2016, 06:54 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

[Image: 15698029_1266235436753047_55575072639187...e=58EC540B]

Tomorrow is a blessing, whatever the season.