Is This The Winter Of Our Discontent?
(12-26-2016, 02:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky "If ever there was a time when active citizenship is required to stay informed and communicate with our elected leaders, it seems to be now."

You mean cry about leaving the barn door open.. NOW?

No. Pay attention. 
There are a number of organizations who will provide oversight of the Trump administration and challenge any an all activities that might threaten services or laws now in place. Pick one (or more) you feel might best do this and support them with a bit of money. 
Make sure you let folks in our congress know how you feel about votes being considered. 
Support a national news organizatiion you trust to do investigative reporting by subscribing. 
Be active in local politics, because local stuff floats to the top. 
Shoot the bastards who don't agree with you.  Razz
(12-26-2016, 02:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 02:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky "If ever there was a time when active citizenship is required to stay informed and communicate with our elected leaders, it seems to be now."

No. Pay attention. 
There are a number of organizations who will provide oversight of the Trump administration and challenge any an all activities that might threaten services or laws now in place. Pick one (or more) you feel might best do this and support them with a bit of money. 
Make sure you let folks in our congress know how you feel about votes being considered. 
Support a national news organizatiion you trust to do investigative reporting by subscribing. 

Why so much animosity toward the trump administration? You never uttered a word about the obozo administration and the many times the courts, including the supremes, have ruled against his unconstitutional rules and orders. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381...-john-fund

Supreme Court Rules Unanimously Against Obama for 12th and 13th Time Since 2012
(12-26-2016, 03:25 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

No. Pay attention. 

Why so much animosity toward the trump administration? You never uttered a word about the obozo administration and the many times the courts, including the supremes, have ruled against his unconstitutional rules and orders. 

Throwing out warrant-less GPS tracking  and' protest free zones'. is a good thing. That why we need good liberal judges, that stick up for our rights.
(12-26-2016, 03:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:

No. Pay attention. 

Throwing out warrant-less GPS tracking  and' protest free zones'. is a good thing. That why we need good liberal judges, that stick up for our rights.
They also stopped his dreamer program, that why we need good solid conservative justices.
(12-26-2016, 03:44 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 03:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:

No. Pay attention. 

They also stopped his dreamer program, that why we need good solid conservative justices.
The next 3 years will be interesting, then a year of fighting again, about how bad/good the last 3 were.

No. Pay attention. 

The last is the cheapest and probably the only action that would actually work.

America elected this buffoon and maybe I'm too skeptical but paying for a newspaper subscription.. (ANOTHER) IMO is  not going to change anything.
And no I'm not going to any political meetings because Trump was elected.
I know what you are thinking.... That if everyone felt like me we are in a world of hurt.
Well yeah we are.
OR Trumps ignorance and loose cannon attitude won't work like he thought.

I think he said a lot of shit that even he didn't believe in order to reel in the angry white Americans just to get their vote.
Just like all the far right talking heads that the same people are ignorant enough to believe.
(12-26-2016, 02:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 12:55 PM)Hugo Wrote:
Quote:Is This The Winter Of Our Discontent?

Laughing  "Yours" Wonky, not "ours".

I hope so, Hugo, I really do. But you gotta admit Mr. Trump's outspoken, often contradictory, comments are a matter of concern. It's unusual for a president-elect to comment on so many policy postitions prior to taking office. One would think he would be too involved in preparing for the office to spend so much time on social media. 

But time wil tell and very soon we will know more about him and how he deals with the chair in the oval office. 

PS: "The winter of our discontent" I lifed from Shakespeare: Seemed fitting to me, but if you feel positive, I'm happy for you. We will BOTH know in due time.

How fucking condescending of you to think I didn't know it was from Shakespeare.
(12-26-2016, 08:04 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Wouldn't it have been great if the same time and critique was done by the left on obozo and his minions?

I just read that a media report that his administration was scandal free.  Of course the arthur overlooked:

1. Operation Fast and Furious. 
2. Benghazi. 
3. Obama's IRS targeting conservative organizations. 
4. Obama's DOJ seizing Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen.
5. Obama's NSA conducting mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant. 
6. The Obama administration paying ransom to Iran for hostages, and then lying to the American people about it. . 
7. Hillary's email scandal. (Obama used her server under an alias, making him guilty as hell) 
8. Obama's Environmental Protection Agency poisoning a Colorado river. 
9. Obama's EPA also broke federal law in promoting their regulations.
10. Obama's GSA partying in Las Vegas scandal.
11. Obama's Secret Service prostitution scandal.
12. Trading 5 top Taliban leaders for one muslim sympathizer deserter. (Bergdahl)
13: Obama throwing Israel under the bus, much to the delight of muslim terrorists across the globe.
(12-26-2016, 05:43 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 08:04 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Wouldn't it have been great if the same time and critique was done by the left on obozo and his minions?

I just read that a media report that his administration was scandal free.  Of course the arthur overlooked:

2. Benghazi. 
4. Obama's DOJ seizing Associated Press phone records as well as phone and email records from Fox News reporter James Rosen.
5. Obama's NSA conducting mass surveillance against American citizens without a warrant. 
6. The Obama administration paying ransom to Iran for hostages, and then lying to the American people about it. . 
7. Hillary's email scandal. (Obama used her server under an alias, making him guilty as hell) 
12. Trading 5 top Taliban leaders for one muslim sympathizer deserter. (Bergdahl)
13: Obama throwing Israel under the bus, much to the delight of muslim terrorists across the globe.

What a bunch of right wing bullshit.
(12-26-2016, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

2. Benghazi. 

So none of that happened? I guess you didn't know that a federal judge said that since the operators of fast and furious went public that Obama didn't get executive privilege with his part in it.
(12-26-2016, 06:24 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

2. Benghazi. 

So none of that happened? I guess you didn't know that a federal judge said that since the operators of fast and furious went public that Obama didn't get executive privilege with his part in it.

It was failed attempt to track guns to Mexican Cartels. So fucking what? Yeah Americans were killed with guns we supplied.
That doesn't mean they would not have had guns anyway. It just means we made a mistake.
(12-26-2016, 06:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 06:24 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

2. Benghazi. 

It was failed attempt to track guns to Mexican Cartels. So fucking what? Yeah Americans were killed with guns we supplied.
That doesn't mean they would not have had guns anyway. It just means we made a mistake.
Do you think you or I would be afforded the luxury of being able to blow off the same thing? Not to mention that some of those guns are still killing innocent people there, or that Obama and holder tried using this against us in the way of trying to pass more and more gun control. But hey I'm glad you can take it so lightly.
It appears to me, from more than one post from TVGuy, that anything that ACTUALLY happened during the past 8 years, with regards to the Obama administration, is all RIGHT WING BULLSHIT. If it actually occurred, then it is fake news.

TV, you are becoming as bad as Valuesize today.
(12-26-2016, 08:00 PM)Hugo Wrote: It appears to me, from more than one post from TVGuy, that anything that ACTUALLY happened during the past 8 years, with regards to the Obama administration, is all RIGHT WING BULLSHIT.  If it actually occurred, then it is fake news.

They're all the same, not just those two.
(12-26-2016, 08:14 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 08:00 PM)Hugo Wrote: It appears to me, from more than one post from TVGuy, that anything that ACTUALLY happened during the past 8 years, with regards to the Obama administration, is all RIGHT WING BULLSHIT.  If it actually occurred, then it is fake news.

Thing is, we may be missing the point. 
This is not comparing two politicians with standard policy positions and rational objectives. 
This is not a "right wing/left wing thing. 
This is about a man so totally unqualified to be our president that it is historical. 
Our hope, is the many good conservative people in our congress who may (I think will) hold his feet to the fire. 
The president fills a powerful seat, but without the support of congress remains largely impotent. 
President Trump will amuse us. Congress will govern us. 
But God help us all if our congress caves to the whims of this strange man with no "center". 

PS: Hugo, I did not mean to suggest you were unfamiliar with the quote. I regret I phrased it as I did. Sorry 'bout that.
(12-26-2016, 08:57 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

This is not comparing two politicians with standard policy positions and rational objectives. 
This is about a man so totally unqualified to be our president that it is historical. 
Our hope, is the many good conservative people in our congress who may (I think will) hold his feet to the fire. 
The president fills a powerful seat, but without the support of congress remains largely impotent. 
But God help us all if our congress caves to the whims of this strange man with no "center". 

PS: Hugo, I did not mean to suggest you were unfamiliar with the quote. I regret I phrased it as I did. Sorry 'bout that.
Obama was no more qualified to be president than you say trump is and you would never speak about him and his failures or be so critical of him and his policies. Trump runs businesses all around the world, obama had never even run a popsicle stand before elected. Trump has to have political prowess or else his businesses in other countries would have never got off the ground. Talk about caving, the republicans have given obama what he has wanted, if not he wouldn't have been able to double our national debt in just 8 years. Like I said, had you guys been this critical of obama he would have never been elected, but instead you guys criticize those that are and have been critical of him. It's like he isn't president because nothing is his fault. He has been the single biggest contributor to the current rise of someone like trump and the Republican Party of at least my generation. Over 1000 democratic seats lost since 2008, but hey it's the republicans fault.
(12-26-2016, 09:08 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 08:57 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Obama was no more qualified to be president than you say trump is and you would never speak about him and his failures or be so critical of him and his policies. Trump runs businesses all around the world, obama had never even run a popsicle stand before elected. Trump has to have political prowess or else his businesses in other countries would have never got off the ground. Talk about caving, the republicans have given obama what he has wanted, if not he wouldn't have been able to double our national debt in just 8 years. Like I said, had you guys been this critical of obama he would have never been elected, but instead you guys criticize those that are and have been critical of him. It's like he isn't president because nothing is his fault. He has been the single biggest contributor to the current rise of someone like trump and the Republican Party of at least my generation. Over 1000 democratic seats lost since 2008, but hey it's the republicans fault.

You just don't get it. 
President Obama is LEAVING office. It simply no longer matters what you think of him. 
But you are ignorant or deaf (or both) if you don't recognize in Mr. Trump a very different kind of person who's behavior has been bizarre, inconsistent, peculiar, and acknowledged as such around the world. 

Many of the comments you make above may be valid. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. You are not getting a good thoughtful conservative man to fill the office of president. You are getting a man often called a buffoon, a failed businessman, a vulgar and insensitive person, and a host of Reality TV shows that were not even "reality". 

If you are really a conversatve minded person, this is NOT the man you want to be your president. Mr. Romney was your last good hope...a man of good character, ethical, and reasonable. 

Truth is: The Republican Party screwed the pup and we ALL may have to pay the price.
No wonk you don't get it, it's you guys and the policies of obama that have caused trump. Had you been more critical of obama from the onset we might not be where we are today. Instead you guys spent 8 years criticizing anyone who pointed out what was happening. Because someone doesn't kiss ass and isn't passive aggressive doesn't mean they aren't aware of the job they signed up for and the complexities of it.
Wonk would you consider someone as a failed businessman when they have had 5 bankruptcies out of hundreds of businesses? Don't believe liberal media, they lie and produce fake news. The only buffoons are those that voted for hillary, her plans were far more sinister than any mean thing trump said.

No I just saw a list of the typical crap you guys love to bich about and most of it is shit.

So fucking what? Do you people think it was done on purpose?

Do you think the attempt to trace weapons to the drug cartel was anything other than a bad mistake?

And these things ONLY happened under Obama?