Who Ya Gonna Miss?
We've lost a whole bunch of nationally known folks this year. 

Debbie Reynolds after a long life and her daughter Carrie Fisher, far too soon. 

Ali, "The Greatest". He may have been. 

John Glenn, a genuine stand-up guy.

Leonard Cohen, a gravel voiced poet like few others. "Hallelujah"!

But maybe I'll miss Gwen Ifill the most. The PBS Newshour is my go-to source for TV news and 5 nights a week for a long time Ms. Ifill's beaming smile greeted us at the start of most broadcasts. Smart, witty, and a true professional, she will be missed. 

So, what well known person will you miss? I mean other than Toronto mayor Rob Ford.
(12-29-2016, 12:02 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: We've lost a whole bunch of nationally known folks this year. 

Debbie Reynolds after a long life and her daughter Carrie Fisher, far too soon. 

Ali, "The Greatest". He may have been. 

John Glenn, a genuine stand-up guy.

Leonard Cohen, a gravel voiced poet like few others. "Hallelujah"!

But maybe I'll miss Gwen Ifill the most. The PBS Newshour is my go-to source for TV news and 5 nights a week for a long time Ms. Ifill's beaming smile greeted us at the start of most broadcasts. Smart, witty, and a true professional, she will be missed. 

So, what well known person will you miss? I mean other than Toronto mayor Rob Ford.

My best friend for ten years died last year. I still miss him a lot. A very witty and funny guy who told a lot of stories and made everyone laugh. And a talented guitarist.
I don't think a day goes by when something or other doesn't remind me of him.

I can't think of any celebs that I will miss.
"So, what well known person will you miss?"

Bowie. I really can't explain it, but his death saddened me like none since John Lennon.
It saddens me when we hear of another person passing.
But then I take joy in the fact, that I outlived another one.

Last Man Standing, That's my goal.
(12-29-2016, 12:29 AM)Valuesize Wrote: "So, what well known person will you miss?"

Bowie. I really can't explain it, but his death saddened me like none since John Lennon.

Kind of strange, don't you think, the kind of "relationship" we develop with public people who, of course, we never really know. They do "enter" our lives in some way and I understand your feelings of sadness.. Fame is a strange thing.
(12-29-2016, 08:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 12:29 AM)Valuesize Wrote: "So, what well known person will you miss?"

Kind of strange, don't you think, the kind of "relationship" we develop with public people who, of course, we never really know. They do "enter" our lives in some way and I understand your feelings of sadness.. Fame is a strange thing.

The only person I can think of (a celeb) that bothered me when he passed and was IMO very sad was Steve Irwin.

He was a modern Marlin Perkins on steriods.
(12-29-2016, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 08:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

The only person I can think of (a celeb) that bothered me when he passed and was IMO very sad was Steve Irwin.

He was a modern Marlin Perkins on steriods.

Irwin's death was tragic. But, if you are gonna play with fire...and all that. 

Too simple to day he died doing what he loved?
Can we also list people, who want to miss?
(12-29-2016, 10:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: Can we also list people, who want to miss?

Wow. Kind of harsh.  Wink
(12-30-2016, 10:25 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 10:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: Can we also list people, who want to miss?

RIP Chris Conley of Soundgarden and Audio Slave.
(05-19-2017, 07:21 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 10:25 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

RIP Chris Conley of Soundgarden and Audio Slave.