Freezing: We Have Been Here Before
They tell us it's going to get cold. Like, serious cold. 

From the Mail Tribune "100 years ago" feature today (12/30): 

The city water department has been called upon a number of times within the past few days to shut off the water in houses where the pipes where frozen. With the coming of warmer weather the water superintendence predicts a large increase in the number of pipes broken by freezing of water.
(12-30-2016, 10:23 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: They tell us it's going to get cold. Like, serious cold. 

From the Mail Tribune "100 years ago" feature today (12/30): 

The city water department has been called upon a number of times within the past few days to shut off the water in houses where the pipes where frozen. With the coming of warmer weather the water superintendence predicts a large increase in the number of pipes broken by freezing of water.

Yeah the forecast says 11 degrees next Tuesday. I guess that's what inspired your thread?
I'm almost ready for that. There's a couple of things I need to do. And I'll be letting the outside dog in with the other two.
Three of them in the house is a handful but whattayagonnado.
11 degrees, It would have been 10, if it wasn't for global warming. Big Grin
(12-30-2016, 11:42 AM)chuck white Wrote: 11 degrees, It would have been 10, if it wasn't for global warming. Big Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing  Your best quip in months!