MORE about Trump's holdings/debt
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/news/wal...-business/

More than 150 financial institutions hold the debt of President-elect Donald Trump and his businesses, according to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal.
The Journal's analysis finds that the institutions bought Trump's debt after it was repackaged as bonds. 

The newspaper says the process has been used for more than $1 billion worth of debt connected to Trump and his companies. A financial disclosure form released by Trump in Mayshowed that he owed at least $315 million to at least 16 companies. 
Trump's presidential transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The transition also failed to respond to the Journal. 
Trump has suggested he will talk about financial conflicts at a press conference next week, but he has given no indication that he will sell his holdings to avoid conflicts. 
Related: Trump Inc. and conflicts: What you need to know
Among the companies listed in the report are Vanguard, which holds more than $225 million of Trump's debt, and Wells Fargo, which holds $14 million. 
Trump will soon oversee the Justice Department and the SEC, which are investigating Wells Fargo's secret creation of millions of unauthorized bank and credit card accounts. 
The incoming president has also said he wants to repeal Dodd-Frank, the financial reform law that led to the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was instrumental in levying fines against Wells Fargo.
(01-07-2017, 11:34 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/news/wal...-business/

More than 150 financial institutions hold the debt of President-elect Donald Trump and his businesses, according to an analysis by The Wall Street Journal.
The Journal's analysis finds that the institutions bought Trump's debt after it was repackaged as bonds. 

The newspaper says the process has been used for more than $1 billion worth of debt connected to Trump and his companies. A financial disclosure form released by Trump in Mayshowed that he owed at least $315 million to at least 16 companies. 
Trump's presidential transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The transition also failed to respond to the Journal. 
Trump has suggested he will talk about financial conflicts at a press conference next week, but he has given no indication that he will sell his holdings to avoid conflicts. 
Among the companies listed in the report are Vanguard, which holds more than $225 million of Trump's debt, and Wells Fargo, which holds $14 million. 
Trump will soon oversee the Justice Department and the SEC, which are investigating Wells Fargo's secret creation of millions of unauthorized bank and credit card accounts. 
The incoming president has also said he wants to repeal Dodd-Frank, the financial reform law that led to the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which was instrumental in levying fines against Wells Fargo.

Trump is going down.
(01-07-2017, 06:22 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 11:34 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/05/news/wal...-business/

Trump is going down.

I wonder.

Remember last summer when so many said, "This guy is a joke: A clown and a attention seeking ego driven poliitical lightweight that will NEVER win the nominaton of the GOP".
Well.
The above post revealing (what so many already knew) that Mr. Trump has massive debts with banks and other institutions, not only in th U.S. but around the globe is more than just troublesome. How can our president avoid "conflict of interest" problems when he is so vested as this? (And this reported by the Wall Street Journal, not some fly-by-night blog)
Yet, we hear no national outcry. (Well YEAH! The NFL Playoff's are here!  Wink ) 
Even here, this post hardly stirred any comment. 

I'm not so sure Mr. Trump is going down. I wonder if perhaps this man is going to re-define the Office of the President and we will never again see the office in it's historical light. 

I come back to your post about "resistance" and ponder more about the techniques and strategy of applying that force that might counter what this man is capable of. I don't have a clue, but if nothing else we must remain alert and prepared to act in whatever responsible way is appropriate.
(01-08-2017, 09:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Trump is going down.

I wonder.

Remember last summer when so many said, "This guy is a joke: A clown and a attention seeking ego driven poliitical lightweight that will NEVER win the nominaton of the GOP".
Well.
The above post revealing (what so many already knew) that Mr. Trump has massive debts with banks and other institutions, not only in th U.S. but around the globe is more than just troublesome. How can our president avoid "conflict of interest" problems when he is so vested as this? (And this reported by the Wall Street Journal, not some fly-by-night blog)
Yet, we hear no national outcry. (Well YEAH! The NFL Playoff's are here!  Wink ) 

I'm not so sure Mr. Trump is going down. I wonder if perhaps this man is going to re-define the Office of the President and we will never again see the office in it's historical light. 

I come back to your post about "resistance" and ponder more about the techniques and strategy of applying that force that might counter what this man is capable of. I don't have a clue, but if nothing else we must remain alert and prepared to act in whatever responsible way is appropriate.

"Remember last summer when so many said, "This guy is a joke: A clown and a attention seeking ego driven poliitical lightweight that will NEVER win the nominaton of the GOP"."

All correct.... except for the last part.

"I'm not so sure Mr. Trump is going down. I wonder if perhaps this man is going to re-define the Office of the President and we will never again see the office in it's historical light."

Yeah, I wonder sometimes if Cheney had any clue just what he was starting.   Dry
(01-08-2017, 09:50 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Trump is going down.

I wonder.

Well.

"Remember last summer when so many said, "This guy is a joke: A clown and a attention seeking ego driven poliitical lightweight that will NEVER win the nominaton of the GOP"."

"I'm not so sure Mr. Trump is going down. I wonder if perhaps this man is going to re-define the Office of the President and we will never again see the office in it's historical light."

Yeah, I wonder sometimes if Cheney had any clue just what he was starting.   Dry

Good point. 
But, we are obligated to remember that in the end president Bush closed his door to VP Cheney and restored some order to the office. 
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Libby, and "that bunch" did president Bush no favors. Still, as president Bush left office, president Obama was able to assume the desk with the institution intact. 
Mr. Trump could change all that. (A long shot, but could happen)
(01-08-2017, 09:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 06:22 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Trump is going down.

I wonder.

Well.

Good point. 
But, we are obligated to remember that in the end president Bush closed his door to VP Cheney and restored some order to the office. 
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Libby, and "that bunch" did president Bush no favors. Still, as president Bush left office, president Obama was able to assume the desk with the institution intact. 

I'm not obligated to do any such thing. I'm not giving Bush a pass for letting Cheney run amok in the White House all those years. Cheney meddled with the powers of the office of the president and the balance of power between the branches of the government intentionally and with forethought. I wonder if he ever paused to consider where his arrogant meddling would lead.
(01-08-2017, 10:42 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 06:22 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Trump is going down.

I wonder.

Well.

Good point. 

I'm not obligated to do any such thing. I'm not giving Bush a pass for letting Cheney run amok in the White House all those years. Cheney meddled with the powers of the office of the president and the balance of power between the branches of the government intentionally and with forethought. I wonder if he ever paused to consider where his arrogant meddling would lead.
I stand corrected. You are "dead on" right. (Especially the influence Cheney/Rumsfeld had in prosecuting the war in Iraq). 

Still, the last year of the Bush administration was not the tragedy it could have been had Mr. Bush allowed those two (and others) easy access to the oval office.
(01-08-2017, 10:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 09:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I wonder.

Well.

Good point. 

I stand corrected. You are "dead on" right. (Especially the influence Cheney/Rumsfeld had in prosecuting the war in Iraq). 

Still, the last year of the Bush administration was not the tragedy it could have been had Mr. Bush allowed those two (and others) easy access to the oval office.

I will give him credit for finally having a thought of his own and taking back his administration in the end. It was unexpected but too late.
(01-08-2017, 11:01 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 09:50 AM)Cuzz Wrote: "Remember last summer when so many said, "This guy is a joke: A clown and a attention seeking ego driven poliitical lightweight that will NEVER win the nominaton of the GOP"."

Good point. 

I will give him credit for finally having a thought of his own and taking back his administration in the end. It was unexpected but too late.

My feeling (without actually knowing, of course) is that Mr. Bush sits with his paint brushes in hand and regrets that he allowed certain "actors" to influence his decisions. 
I'll always admire his decision to remain "out of the fray" of politics after president Obama assumed office. He could have been a very disruptive factor. 
And, having suffered the mess the Clinton administraton left during the transition, he "bent over backwards" to make sure he fully cooperated with the Obama team. 
Impossible for me to admire his presidency, I will respect the things he did that were well done.
[Image: 15823301_10150755071879975_5935724633269...e=59206B0F]
(01-08-2017, 12:08 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 15823301_10150755071879975_5935724633269...e=59206B0F]

Fascinating stuff. Here is some text from Salon to add to that:

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/05/donald-t...ment-from/