Now, what did Trump do?
Quote:An hour after Donald Trump assumed the presidency Friday, his administration indefinitely suspended a pending rate cut for mortgage insurance required for FHA-backed loans, which are popular with first-time home buyers and those with poor credit.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tr...story.html
Getting an early start on helping the average working folks.
(01-20-2017, 10:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Getting an early start on helping the average working folks.

Or has he would say... losers Laughing Laughing
(01-20-2017, 10:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Getting an early start on helping the average working folks.
Hmm the average working folk I know don't have poor credit problems...Helping someone get a place they can't afford helps no one. Who do you think covers the default?? If you are so concerned no one is stopping you from writing a check and supporting those you feel need help....
(01-20-2017, 10:24 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:An hour after Donald Trump assumed the presidency Friday, his administration indefinitely suspended a pending rate cut for mortgage insurance required for FHA-backed loans, which are popular with first-time home buyers and those with poor credit.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tr...story.html

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(01-20-2017, 10:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Or has he would say... losers
Good, just because you are poor does not entitle you to other people stuff. Who's money do you think backs up these "poor" loans if they go bad? The government??? I was poor years ago and I didn't get " special rates backed by someone's else's money. My 1st home home loan when I was 23 was 12%. ( yea I know they are talking about mortgage insurance)

(01-21-2017, 12:45 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:

Good, just because you are poor does not entitle you to other people stuff.   Who's money do you think backs up these "poor" loans if they go bad?   The government???  I was poor  years ago and I didn't get " special rates backed by someone's else's money. My 1st home home loan when I was 23 was 12%.  ( yea I know they are talking about mortgage insurance)

12% and the inflation rate was what, 15% ?

What counts is the difference between inflation and interest rate.
Quote:Shortly after Donald Trump was sworn in as president on Friday, the White House said that eliminating power plant climate rules, a clean water rule and other environmental regulations would “greatly help American workers, increasing wages by more than $30 billion over the next 7 years.”

The statement, included on the White House’s website to justify Trump’s drive to eliminate environmental rules affecting the energy sector, was a distortion. And if it was true, it would represent wage gains equivalent to less than $20 per American every year.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/trump...-day-21098

Fuck the water, fuck the air. Just give me the $20
I havnt looked up specifics yet, but I read he already signed an executive order to ease the burden of the ACA on citizens. At least its a start, so far so good as far as I am concerned. Hit the ground running.
(01-21-2017, 08:02 AM)GPnative Wrote: I havnt looked up specifics yet, but I read he already signed an executive order to ease the burden of the ACA on citizens. At least its a start, so far so good as far as I am concerned. Hit the ground running.

Quote:It directs the secretary of health and human services, as well as other agencies, to interpret regulations as loosely as allowed to minimize the financial burden on individuals, insurers, health care providers and others.

Somehow I see a conflict , 'minimize the financial burden' on one of the three (or four), would effect the other two.

I bet the last to go, is the tax for non insured. (which will bring in a lot of money, because there will be a swell in uninsured.)
(01-21-2017, 06:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Good, just because you are poor does not entitle you to other people stuff.   Who's money do you think backs up these "poor" loans if they go bad?   The government???  I was poor  years ago and I didn't get " special rates backed by someone's else's money. My 1st home home loan when I was 23 was 12%.  ( yea I know they are talking about mortgage insurance)

1992, go look inflation up for that time period 3%. Lol in all due respect, someone looks stupid now!! Lol rates are based on many things not only inflation.

(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Shortly after Donald Trump was sworn in as president on Friday, the White House said that eliminating power plant climate rules, a clean water rule and other environmental regulations would “greatly help American workers, increasing wages by more than $30 billion over the next 7 years.”

The statement, included on the White House’s website to justify Trump’s drive to eliminate environmental rules affecting the energy sector, was a distortion. And if it was true, it would represent wage gains equivalent to less than $20 per American every year.

Lol we on the right are way to clever for that chuck. Only the left will get the dirty water and air. Let me know how that dirty water tastes and what that dirty air does to you when Trump sends it your way.

(01-21-2017, 09:09 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 06:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:

1992, go look inflation up for that time period  3%.  Lol in all due respect,  someone looks stupid now!!  Lol  rates are based on many things not only inflation.  

Sure the rates are based on many things, but the true cost of the loan is the difference from inflation.

So your loan cost was 9% above inflation. A costly loan, was it for a mobile or pre-fab?
What percentage did you put down?
(01-21-2017, 12:37 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
Hmm the average working folk I know don't have poor credit problems...Helping someone get a place they can't afford helps no one. Who do you think covers the default??  If you are so concerned no one is stopping you from writing a check and supporting those you feel need help....

Your scenario is bogus. Admittedly there are some defaults just as there are in conventional loans. They are a small percentage of total cases. My first house (and only my first house) was purchased on an FHA loan not because of bad credit but because I didn't have any credit. I buy using cash not loans, always have. You and others always seem to pick the worst case and then condemn everyone as equally guilty. That's dishonest.
(01-21-2017, 09:13 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Lol  we on the right are way to clever for that chuck. Only the left will get the dirty water and air.  Let me know how that dirty water tastes and what that dirty air does to you when Trump sends it your way.

So you are good with that scenario. Got it. You are a good little divider, Donny will be proud of you.
(01-21-2017, 09:19 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:09 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 06:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 10:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Or has he would say... losers

1992, go look inflation up for that time period  3%.  Lol in all due respect,  someone looks stupid now!!  Lol  rates are based on many things not only inflation.  

Sure the rates are based on many things, but the true cost of the loan is the difference from inflation.

So your loan cost was 9% above inflation. A costly loan, was it for a mobile or pre-fab?
What percentage did you put down?
Brand speaking new house. Very nice that I built my self ( I was in the auto parts business then) I built it before I opened the store, after work, weekends, cold, cold winter that year. I would set up lights and work late into the night. Very nice place for a 23 year old to have. I had nothing when I moved in and not a lot of money for any stuff. That was a competitive rate back then a person like me. My younger brother and partner did the same as me except he added a wife to the mix. Average rate was 9%, do you what both our rates were a bit higher?? Hint first time with very little to no credit. Times were much different then . My last home mortgage I got was 2.75. You act like you are so smart but I can tell you have done very little. Times are much different for me know. I and my brother own several million in various types of property now along with a bunch of other crap. Do you think credit and a very competitive interest rate is a problem now? I bet my unsecured open line if credit, no questions asked is larger then the house you live. You are a funny, clever guy at times, but at the same time I can tell you have very little experience in doing much of anything. Cheers

(01-21-2017, 09:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
Hmm the average working folk I know don't have poor credit problems...Helping someone get a place they can't afford helps no one. Who do you think covers the default??  If you are so concerned no one is stopping you from writing a check and supporting those you feel need help....

Your scenario is bogus. Admittedly there are some defaults just as there are in conventional loans. They are a small percentage of total cases. My first house (and only my first house) was purchased on an FHA loan not because of bad credit but because I didn't have any credit. I buy using cash not loans, always have. You and others always seem to pick the worst case and then condemn everyone as equally guilty. That's dishonest.
Hmm heard of 2007,2008 how did that happen?? It's called people not paying their loans. Lol lol brought on by credit that they should never had. Good grief. No I don't want to argue about what brought that on..

(01-21-2017, 10:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:13 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Lol  we on the right are way to clever for that chuck. Only the left will get the dirty water and air.  Let me know how that dirty water tastes and what that dirty air does to you when Trump sends it your way.

So you are good with that scenario. Got it. You are a good little divider, Donny will be proud of you.
I like the clean water. I will make a special effort to send some extra dirty to you.. lol a little unhinged are you??? We drink the same , breath the same. I know we are headed back to the early 20 century...............

"Now, what will Trump do?" (The Topic) 

No surprises. He will do what he has threated since he started talking. 

He WON the election. He has certain exective powers...past that he will need the congress to vote and pass legislation to make changes. He has a GOP congress, and while they are not all in lock step, they can muster the votes. 

Those of us who oppose his actions will have to "resist" as Clete advised us. 

So, NOW, what will WE do? Resist? How? 

Donald Trump carried Southern Oregon when the votes were tallied. Maybe "we" should have been "resisting" with a bit more vigor prior to the election. 

Reality is a bitch.
(01-21-2017, 10:32 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:

Hmm heard of 2007,2008 how did that happen??  It's called people not paying their loans. Lol lol  brought on by credit that they should never had. Good grief. No I don't want to argue about what brought that on..

Yeah, I'm getting that about you. You want to state your belief of what brought something on and then "I don't want to argue about what brought that on".

You wear blinders my friend. So I'm going to give you my understanding of that event anyway.

I think there is a lot of blame to go around. Yes there were some people who took advantage of the loans being offered at the time. Not all (maybe not most) were not necessarily poor or working poor. A lot defaulted because they couldn't afford the loan or they lost their jobs in the crash or whatever. A lot didn't and struggled through as best they could in good faith. Others gambled intentionally and lost. That's on them.

A lot of bankers figured a way to take advantage of the situation and made hay for themselves. They did that knowing full well what they were doing. Just because it was legal (sort of) doesn't mean they were not culpable.

There were a bunch of realtors and loan brokers who jumped in with both feet and promoted loans to people they knew couldn't afford them and might not have even understood the details of the loans. Not everyone is a wiz at finance. If you don't ask the right questions you don't always get all the right information. I know that from my own experiences with some of them.

Then there are the politicians. They screwed up in the rule making process. Both parties deserve some blame. They messed up when they made the rules and they ignored the problems they made and failed to fix them even when they saw exactly what was happening. They generally all have an aversion to admitting they made a mistake. Better for them to let it blow up and point fingers elsewhere.

I would agree with you that some home buyers deserve blame but not all of them and not all the blame. That rightly should be assigned to all that had a hand in the debacle. Picking one party, usually the least able to defend themselves and heaping all the scorn upon them is taking the easy way out in order to think you've solved the problem. It's rarely that simple.
(01-21-2017, 11:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:32 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:

Hmm heard of 2007,2008 how did that happen??  It's called people not paying their loans. Lol lol  brought on by credit that they should never had. Good grief. No I don't want to argue about what brought that on..

Yeah, I'm getting that about you. You want to state your belief of what brought something on and then "I don't want to argue about what brought that on".

You wear blinders my friend. So I'm going to give you my understanding of that event anyway.

I think there is a lot of blame to go around. Yes there were some people who took advantage of the loans being offered at the time. Not all (maybe not most) were not necessarily poor or working poor. A lot defaulted because they couldn't afford the loan or they lost their jobs in the crash or whatever. A lot didn't and struggled through as best they could in good faith. Others gambled intentionally and lost. That's on them.

A lot of bankers figured a way to take advantage of the situation and made hay for themselves. They did that knowing full well what they were doing. Just because it was legal (sort of) doesn't mean they were not culpable.

There were a bunch of realtors and loan brokers who jumped in with both feet and promoted loans to people they knew couldn't afford them and might not have even understood the details of the loans. Not everyone is a wiz at finance. If you don't ask the right questions you don't always get all the right information. I know that from my own experiences with some of them.

Then there are the politicians. They screwed up in the rule making process. Both parties deserve some blame. They messed up when they made the rules and they ignored the problems they made and failed to fix them even when they saw exactly what was happening. They generally all have an aversion to admitting they made a mistake. Better for them to let it blow up and point fingers elsewhere.

I would agree with you that some home buyers deserve blame but not all of them and not all the blame. That rightly should be assigned to all that had a hand in the debacle. Picking one party, usually the least able to defend themselves and heaping all the scorn upon them is taking the easy way out in order to think you've solved the problem. It's rarely that simple.
Didn't say it was simple,(why do you think I didn't want to argue about that right now?) you do have some valid points but the simple fact is people not paying their loans is what brought it down. If they had payed their loans would be talking about this now???