Bad air day in London.
Quote:
Air pollution in London passed levels in Beijing this week, figures have shown, with popular wood burning stoves blamed for exacerbating the problem.
On Monday London mayor Sadiq Khan issued the highest air pollution alert in London for the first time, and said on Tuesday that the capital’s ‘filthy air’ is now a ‘health crisis.’
Readings at 3pm on Monday showed that air at locations in the capital were worse than in notoriously smoggy Beijing, hitting a peak 197 micrograms per cubic metre for particulate matter on the Air Quality Index. Pollution in the Chinese city only reached 190, which is still deemed ‘unhealthy.’

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/...rs-making/

They should see Grants Pass in the summer, when there's a fire.
We got well over 1000 ug.
(01-24-2017, 07:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:
Air pollution in London passed levels in Beijing this week, figures have shown, with popular wood burning stoves blamed for exacerbating the problem.
On Monday London mayor Sadiq Khan issued the highest air pollution alert in London for the first time, and said on Tuesday that the capital’s ‘filthy air’ is now a ‘health crisis.’
Readings at 3pm on Monday showed that air at locations in the capital were worse than in notoriously smoggy Beijing, hitting a peak 197 micrograms per cubic metre for particulate matter on the Air Quality Index. Pollution in the Chinese city only reached 190, which is still deemed ‘unhealthy.’

I've heard that when it was the coal burning days it was deplorable.
(01-24-2017, 07:34 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Quote:

Don't know about coal burning in Grants Pass, but remember well the days when local sawmills burned slab in wigwams and during inversions the air was think with somke and sometimes ash. 

(Hey CapPig, you can thank government regulatons for cleaning that up for us.  Big Grin )
(01-24-2017, 10:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Quote:

Don't know about coal burning in Grants Pass, but remember well the days when local sawmills burned slab in wigwams and during inversions the air was think with somke and sometimes ash. 

(Hey CapPig, you can thank government regulatons for cleaning that up for us.  Big Grin )

Hmm, curious. Where did I say I want no regulation?? Do you know something I don't? If you choose to make quotes I never said you will make yourself appear to be as stupid on the issue as you appear to be by your confusion of regulation costing time and money.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(01-24-2017, 10:41 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
Quote:

Hmm, curious. Where did I say I want no regulation??  Do you know something I don't? If you choose to make quotes I never said you will make yourself appear to be as stupid on the issue as you appear to be by your confusion of regulation costing time and money.

Wink  A circular firing squad.
Quote:

Hmm, curious. Where did I say I want no regulation??  Do you know something I don't? If you choose to make quotes I never said you will make yourself appear to be as stupid on the issue as you appear to be by your confusion of regulation costing time and money.

Where did Wonky quote you?
(01-25-2017, 01:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 07:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/...rs-making/

Where did Wonky quote you?

So clean air regulations are OK, if they don't cost time and money?

Laughing Laughing , you are a funny man. I'll take clean air and water over dirty money any day of the week.
When did your love of money start? Just curious.
Quote:

Heck, just 10 years back, April was an awful month in the valley from the smudgepots burning.
(01-25-2017, 08:45 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Quote:

Heck, just 10 years back, April was an awful month in the valley from the smudgepots burning.

Never heard of smudge pot, must be a local varity