In Memory Of PonderThis...
Geek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlDI4g5ab1g
(02-27-2017, 11:38 AM)Sylvie Wrote: Geek

We remember PonderThis well. He posted often, shared his life and we are sad that it ended all too soon. 

And Sylvie, you shared less than 28 minutes with us. Unless, you changed names, avatar, and location. 

We knew him well. 

Did you?
(02-27-2017, 11:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

We remember PonderThis well. He posted often, shared his life and we are sad that it ended all too soon. 

And Sylvie, you shared less than 28 minutes with us. Unless, you changed names, avatar, and location. 

We knew him well. 

Did you?
I knew Ponder for a long time and lived on his property on and off for like 2 years.  I was his girlfriend all the time.  I also helped him build this beautiful straw bale house that he hardly ever got the time to see it completed.  I was under the names here as desertairbreeze and also RainyLady.  That's about it.  Does that answer your question?
(02-27-2017, 12:04 PM)Sylvie Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 11:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

We knew him well. 

Did you?
I knew Ponder for a long time and lived on his property on and off for like 2 years.  I was his girlfriend all the time.  I also helped him build this beautiful straw bale house that he hardly ever got the time to see it completed.  I was under the names here as desertairbreeze and also RainyLady.  That's about it.  Does that answer your question?

Yep.
(02-27-2017, 12:04 PM)Sylvie Wrote: I knew Ponder for a long time and lived on his property on and off for like 2 years.  I was his girlfriend all the time.  I also helped him build this beautiful straw bale house that he hardly ever got the time to see it completed.  I was under the names here as desertairbreeze and also RainyLady.  That's about it.  Does that answer your question?

Welcome back. Is today the anniversary of his death? I'll send you a pm with some photos I have from Don. Hope you are well.
(02-27-2017, 12:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-27-2017, 12:04 PM)Sylvie Wrote: I knew Ponder for a long time and lived on his property on and off for like 2 years.  I was his girlfriend all the time.  I also helped him build this beautiful straw bale house that he hardly ever got the time to see it completed.  I was under the names here as desertairbreeze and also RainyLady.  That's about it.  Does that answer your question?

Welcome back. Is today the anniversary of his death? I'll send you a pm with some photos I have from Don. Hope you are well.

Thank You.  I am not sure of the day he died because when he died I was living back at my house in Arcata.  He just stopped emailing me and I had no idea what was wrong.  Finally I came to the Forum to see what happened and the Forum told me the news.  Maybe researching the archives could find the date???
(02-27-2017, 01:24 PM)Sylvie Wrote:

Thank You.  I am not sure of the day he died because when he died I was living back at my house in Arcata.  He just stopped emailing me and I had no idea what was wrong.  Finally I came to the Forum to see what happened and the Forum told  me the news.  Maybe researching the archives could find the date???

I think I saved the obituary. I'll look when I get back home later.

Thank You.  I am not sure of the day he died because when he died I was living back at my house in Arcata.  He just stopped emailing me and I had no idea what was wrong.  Finally I came to the Forum to see what happened and the Forum told  me the news.  Maybe researching the archives could find the date???

Ponder is missed all the time here.
I was also on your forum you started. ( I believe that was you). I was hoping the Arcata forum would make it. My son lives in Arcada, I was hoping he'd find it.
Oh well,
Too bad Ponder didn't have a Facebook account.

Because sometimes when people die their account lives on. Friends can go there and post a picture they found. Or talk about something they remember.
And talk to each other about how they miss the deceased.
And sometimes old friends find the site who didn't even know their old friend had passed. It works well to keep mutual friends in contact.

I found the obit and sent you a pm. Ponder passed away July 21, 2014.
(02-27-2017, 06:19 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Ponder is missed all the time here.
I was also on your forum you started. ( I believe that was you). I was hoping the Arcata forum would make it. My son lives in Arcada, I was hoping he'd find it.
Oh well,

I did have a Humboldt County Forum for a couple of months but nobody joined as much as I made effort to different trails one could go on, water in a stream.  Don had the best water.  His well was picked by a company at Don's approval.  My shine grew at such a beautiful rate washing my hair at his house. No more water for me.
I found out from Don's son that Don's dog Oscar had to be put down because he had diabetes.
(03-25-2017, 03:37 AM)Sylvie Wrote: I found out from Don's son that Don's dog Oscar had to be put down because he had diabetes.

How sad.
Are you still in Humboldt?
(03-25-2017, 07:58 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 03:37 AM)Sylvie Wrote: I found out from Don's son that Don's dog Oscar had to be put down because he had diabetes.

How sad.
Are you still in Humboldt?
Yes, I am still in Arcata. I live in a single wide mobile home in a park called Town and Country Mobile Home Village and have been here since 2007.
(02-27-2017, 08:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: Too bad Ponder didn't have a Facebook account.

Because sometimes when people die their account lives on. Friends can go there and post a picture they found. Or talk about something they remember.
And talk to each other about how they miss the deceased.
And sometimes old friends find the site who didn't even know their old friend had passed. It works well to keep mutual friends in contact.
That's a great idea!!! I don't think Don had a Facebook account. He was on the forum all day and he read many sources of news. A lot of websites and especially Oregon ones. He also liked to follow the Stocks.
(03-26-2017, 11:03 AM)Sylvie Wrote: Yes,  I am still in Arcata.  I live in a single wide mobile home in a park called Town and Country Mobile Home Village and have been here since 2007.

I lived in the Parkway Apartments off of Samoa back in the late "70's.   Big Grin
(03-26-2017, 11:29 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-26-2017, 11:03 AM)Sylvie Wrote: Yes,  I am still in Arcata.  I live in a single wide mobile home in a park called Town and Country Mobile Home Village and have been here since 2007.

I lived in the Parkway Apartments off of Samoa back in the late "70's.   Big Grin

I like Arcata, I've like the old square in town.
(03-26-2017, 11:29 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I am not sure if there are apartments anymore.  That place is sort of deserted and the Samoa Cookhouse is still there for dining and group meetings.  Nice place to eat but, expensive.