Anyone Been to Crater Lake Recently?
Looks like a good snow year for a change.

[Image: camera0.jpg]

[Image: cameraHQ.jpg]
(03-01-2017, 09:06 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Looks like a good snow year for a change.

[Image: camera0.jpg]
[Image: cameraHQ.jpg]

I was there in August, 1952. Not nearly this much snow so I agree it's a good snow year. Maybe great.
It's a good year. The snowfall set a recoed in december.
 But overall the amount of snow has been decreasing since the 1930's or so.
(03-01-2017, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's a good year. The snowfall set a recoed in december.
 But overall the amount of snow has been decreasing since the 1930's or so.
Tell me about it!
I was setting trap lines up there in 18 and 72 and the snow was so deep...

Well, it was deep that Johny Carson would ask, "How deep was it"? 

The trick, is for the weather to warm just a tiny bit each week until July. What we don't need is for a week in April of 75 degree weather!
Heard on the radio today that Norther California had 185% of average snow pack. I didn't catch the location of that measurement.
(03-01-2017, 06:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Heard on the radio today that Norther California had 185% of average snow pack. I didn't catch the location of that measurement.
Probably not San Francisco. 
Just a guess.
(03-01-2017, 06:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Heard on the radio today that Norther California had 185% of average snow pack. I didn't catch the location of that measurement.
Just a guess.

I'm not surprised. With global warming comes more moisture in the air, which means more rainfall and snowfall.

There will still be drought in some areas from shifting jet stream patterns.

The big scare is more winter snow pack, that melts with more warm spring rain, that cause more flooding and less snow in the summer when we need it.
(03-01-2017, 06:23 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Just a guess.

I'm not surprised. With global warming comes more moisture in the air, which means more rainfall and snowfall.

The big scare is more winter snow pack, that melts with more warm spring rain, that cause more flooding and less snow in the summer when we need it.

That.
Just a guess.

It's said the Neanderthals would not cross mountain ranges and when they got to the shore of a large body of water they just stopped. They died out.
Homo Sapiens on the other hand adapted to what needed to be done.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

Hey...can't win 'em all.  Wink
(03-01-2017, 06:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Just a guess.

It's said the Neanderthals would not cross mountain ranges and when they got to the shore of a large body of water they just stopped. They died out.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

They didn't die out, Some people still have a little Neanderthal in them.
(03-01-2017, 07:50 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Just a guess.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

Some just have a bit more then others.   Wink
(03-01-2017, 08:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 07:50 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Probably not San Francisco. 
Just a guess.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

Some just have a bit more then others.   Wink
OK. My eyebrows protrude a bit and I have trouble with long division. Good to know I'm not all alone. 

Anyone remember reading "Clan Of The Cave Bear"? (Jean Auel, a good Oregon gal). I really enjoyed it. The one's that followed? Not so much! Gave up about half way into the second one.
Just a guess.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

Actually this planet is one big ecosystem. We can't destroy too much of it or we won't have the ability to adapt.
It's really that simple.
We  need the sharks in the ocean. Do a little research at what's happening to them. The same with insects. We HAVE to have them or we are toast.
(03-01-2017, 09:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Just a guess.

We will adapt. 

Or die. 

Actually this planet is one big ecosystem. We can't destroy too much of it or we won't have the ability to adapt.
It's really that simple.
We  need the sharks in the ocean. Do a little research at what's happening to them. The same with insects. We HAVE to have them or we are toast.

That's why I said...

"Or die".

Looks for all the world we are heading in that direction. 

I admire your enthusiasm. To honor your dedication to saving our planet I'm not going to take that plane trip tomorrow . Planes use too much fuel.

(Actually had not planed a trip. But I'll cancel the one I didn't plan. The last time I was on a airliner it had a propeller) 

Hey! I know. I quit showering. My grandpa always said too much bathing will weaken a body. He smelled like a goat but always gave us kids cigarets, proof that he was a nice and caring old man.
[Image: 3c4d539ce428ee10017c716cb89ebf3a.jpg]

What part of the eco system would you like to see cut out?

And Wonky, at least go down to the airport and go through security. That half the fun.
(03-01-2017, 09:44 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: 3c4d539ce428ee10017c716cb89ebf3a.jpg]

Too much science.
You must be one of those progressive liberal nut jobs that think science is better than plain old common sense. It's a know fact that most people who study that stuff are Commies, queers, New York dandys or pin heads.
(03-01-2017, 09:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 09:44 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: 3c4d539ce428ee10017c716cb89ebf3a.jpg]

Too much science.
You must be one of those progressive liberal nut jobs that think science is better than plain old common sense. It's a know fact that most people who study that stuff are Commies, queers, New York dandys or pin heads.

I'm glad you didn't say 'all people'. I can live with 'most people', seeing how I'm different.
(03-01-2017, 09:55 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Too much science.

I'm glad you didn't say 'all people'. I can live with 'most people', seeing how I'm different.

Well, to each his own.
I know for a fact this "climate change" thing is a farce, the earth is flat because it looks flat to me, a few pain pills never hurt anyone, and that "moon thing" was faked by a Hollywood studio. 
That there, is just plain old common sense. What made this country great.
(03-01-2017, 10:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Too much science.

Well, to each his own.
I know for a fact this "climate change" thing is a farce, the earth is flat because it looks flat to me, a few pain pills never hurt anyone, and that "moon thing" was faked by a Hollywood studio. 

Your right about that moon thing. They were no where near the moon.
I got it from a friend of a friend, whose father in laws brother worked for NASA. They filmed the whole thing on Mars.
(03-01-2017, 10:16 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 10:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Too much science.

Well, to each his own.

Your right about that moon thing. They were no where near the moon.
I got it from a friend of a friend, whose father in laws brother worked for NASA. They filmed the whole thing on Mars.

Proving that Lowell was hallucinating and there are no canals on Mars. I mean did you see any canals on the footage?