Movie/TV Clips
(03-08-2017, 09:45 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 08:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 07:01 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 06:36 PM)Hugo Wrote: Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though.

You might want to rethink why you would actually say or think that.

Think about it while considering that most crazy people think they aren't and everyone else is.

Or with using simple logic, why would it be true that most of us don't have the comprehension ability you have?

Laughing  You're a thin skinned little prick with no sense of humor.

Well Hugo, you typed: "Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though." On the page.

First things first. It's a lousy sentence. You might have said, "This is a great movie but it is probably beyond the comprehension of most of you here". 

More to the point, expressing thoughts, feelings, humor, and other emotions on the printed page is so very different from verbal conversation while sitting at the bar sharing a beer. I'll take your word for it that you intended to express humor when you posted that. Please take my word for it that it was not in any way obvious. The sentence on the page looked for all the world like a sarcastic put-down. 

Your'e a bright guy. I wonder if a couple of more seconds of reflection might have given you pause and that you may have worded the sentence differently. I hope so. 

But who am I to criticize? All too often when posting here I fail to "measure twice, cut once". 

PS: Blatty also wrote The Exorcist, another horror story that didn't attract my attention. To each his own, because I know lots of folks see art in this kind of stuff. 

Blah blah blah, blablabla, bla blah.

PS:  The Ninth Configuration is not a horror movie, like the Exorcist.

Blah?
I retract the comment, "Your'e a bright guy". 

PS: "You will never know the ultimate meaning of evil until you read - TWINKLE, TWINKLE "KILLER" KANE". Amazon Books. 
(03-08-2017, 10:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: You might want to rethink why you would actually say or think that.

Think about it while considering that most crazy people think they aren't and everyone else is.

Or with using simple logic, why would it be true that most of us don't have the comprehension ability you have?

Well Hugo, you typed: "Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though." On the page.

First things first. It's a lousy sentence. You might have said, "This is a great movie but it is probably beyond the comprehension of most of you here". 

More to the point, expressing thoughts, feelings, humor, and other emotions on the printed page is so very different from verbal conversation while sitting at the bar sharing a beer. I'll take your word for it that you intended to express humor when you posted that. Please take my word for it that it was not in any way obvious. The sentence on the page looked for all the world like a sarcastic put-down. 

Your'e a bright guy. I wonder if a couple of more seconds of reflection might have given you pause and that you may have worded the sentence differently. I hope so. 

But who am I to criticize? All too often when posting here I fail to "measure twice, cut once". 

PS: Blatty also wrote The Exorcist, another horror story that didn't attract my attention. To each his own, because I know lots of folks see art in this kind of stuff. 

Blah?

PS: "You will never know the ultimate meaning of evil until you read - TWINKLE, TWINKLE "KILLER" KANE". Amazon Books. 

The evil of the human condition.  The evil we are all capable of.  It is NOT horror.  In fact, the movie has several surreal comedic moments.

PS:  Until you can spell "you're" correctly, you probably shouldn't be casting aspersions regarding anothers intelligence.
(03-09-2017, 06:17 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 07:01 PM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing  You're a thin skinned little prick with no sense of humor.

Blah?

The evil of the human condition.  The evil we are all capable of.  It is NOT horror.  In fact, the movie has several surreal comedic moments.

PS:  Until you can spell "you're" correctly, you probably shouldn't be casting aspersions regarding anothers intelligence.

Embarrassed Ya got a point. I admit I'm not careful enough about editing the stuff I post here. (And as TVg has pointed out, if I used a spell-checker worth a crap, I wouldn't have the problem. Plus, I've never learned to use commas correctly: Something I share with a lot of other folks) 

The real, or central, point here Hugo, was the comment you posted, "Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though." You later repeated the thought when someone questioned the comment and you responded with "A thin skinned little prick"

I think you want it both ways. 

And so I'll stick with my previous comments about your seemingly inability to accurately express your emotions and real meaning here. Your intent may not square with what others see. 

(I'll work or the You're-your thing. Try to be kind...my 5th grade education doesn't always serve me well  Wink ) 

PS: And the "evil human condition" is very often horror enough for me. But, we all have different tastes and values so enjoy it if it pleases you. That Stephen King is a best selling author proves your point rather than mine. 
(03-09-2017, 08:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 06:17 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 08:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well Hugo, you typed: "Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though." On the page.

Blah?

Embarrassed Ya got a point. I admit I'm not careful enough about editing the stuff I post here. (And as TVg has pointed out, if I used a spell-checker worth a crap, I wouldn't have the problem. Plus, I've never learned to use commas correctly: Something I share with a lot of other folks) 

The real, or central, point here Hugo, was the comment you posted, "Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though." You later repeated the thought when someone questioned the comment and you responded with "A thin skinned little prick"

I think you want it both ways. 

And so I'll stick with my previous comments about your seemingly inability to accurately express your emotions and real meaning here. Your intent may not square with what others see. 

(I'll work or the You're-your thing. Try to be kind...my 5th grade education doesn't always serve me well  Wink ) 

PS: And the "evil human condition" is very often horror enough for me. But, we all have different tastes and values so enjoy it if it pleases you. That Stephen King is a best selling author proves your point rather than mine. 

Some comic relief...

(03-08-2017, 06:36 PM)Hugo Wrote: Great movie.  Probably beyond most of your comprehension though.

That was not humor. And you are the one who is angry and name calling.
(03-09-2017, 12:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Wink
(03-09-2017, 01:38 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 12:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Wink

And so, again it fades, and dies. 

Hugo doesn't feel the rest of us have the ability to comprehend the video he posted. 
He doesn't say why. 
We try to understand what brings him to this conclusion. 
All we learn is that some of us are "thin skinned little pricks with no sense of humor". 

Larry, we knew you well.  Wink
Compilation of the funniest 10 minutes in TV history!

(03-14-2017, 01:58 PM)Hugo Wrote: Compilation of the funniest 10 minutes in TV history!

I did click on the video and can't imagine how that could possibly be the funniest 10 minutes in TV history even if I LOVED the tweeter in charge. It's not funny and you know it. It must suck to be so pathetic and NEED for whatever reason to gloat about an election.
(03-14-2017, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 01:58 PM)Hugo Wrote: Compilation of the funniest 10 minutes in TV history!

I did click on the video and can't imagine how that could possibly be the funniest 10 minutes in TV history even if I LOVED the tweeter in charge. It's not funny and you know it. It must suck to be so pathetic and NEED for whatever reason to gloat about an election.

It's a fact that Mr. Trump is our president. It's also a fact that almost 2 million more people voted for his opponent than voted for him. Of course he deserves the office: Our system is not rigged, he won more electoral votes and so is the legitimate president of our country.

But, given the many millions of people who did not vote for him, and that the entire county (including Mr. Trump, according to some reports) were shocked by his win, it's not surprising that so many Americans viewed this as a tragic mistake. 

Only a couple of months in office we are now seeing the man we elected continue to behave as a candidate rather than a man holding the highest office in our land. 

This is a "reluctant" Republican but who will be supported by a Republican congress who in the main fears it's own reactionary electorate. He, and this congress, will appoint at least two people to our Supreme Court who will challenge the progressive gains of the past 50 years. 

Obamacare, however imperfect, was a step toward a national healthcare system to protect our citizens. While it will never be "repealed" it will be damaged beyond repair and whatever replaces it will leave millions in the lurch. And, those left without coverage will, again, clog our hospital emergency rooms.

If you are very wealthy, you can celebrate a tax break. If you are a middle income earner you can expect to pay more taxes. The poor will suffer as the individual States scramble to find programs to help them. 

There will never be a complete wall on our southern border, but we will be taxed heavily to build a "spotty" wall and pay for the doubling of agents to defend that border. (Better, the E-Verify plan to prevent "undocumented" people from working in the U.S.) 

We can only hope our international relations with countries important to us are not damaged beyond repair. 

Yes, Mr. Trump is our president. Yes, millions of Americans are sad, concerned, and frightened. My guess is that the millions who voted for him will, this time next year, share these feelings. 

This was a mistake, and it won't take four years to prove it.
(03-14-2017, 04:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's a fact that Mr. Trump is our president. It's also a fact that almost 2 million more people voted for his opponent than voted for him. Of course he deserves the office: Our system is not rigged, he won more electoral votes and so is the legitimate president of our country.

But, given the many millions of people who did not vote for him, and that the entire county (including Mr. Trump, according to some reports) were shocked by his win, it's not surprising that so many Americans viewed this as a tragic mistake. 

Only a couple of months in office we are now seeing the man we elected continue to behave as a candidate rather than a man holding the highest office in our land. 

This is a "reluctant" Republican but who will be supported by a Republican congress who in the main fears it's own reactionary electorate. He, and this congress, will appoint at least two people to our Supreme Court who will challenge the progressive gains of the past 50 years. 

Obamacare, however imperfect, was a step toward a national healthcare system to protect our citizens. While it will never be "repealed" it will be damaged beyond repair and whatever replaces it will leave millions in the lurch. And, those left without coverage will, again, clog our hospital emergency rooms.

If you are very wealthy, you can celebrate a tax break. If you are a middle income earner you can expect to pay more taxes. The poor will suffer as the individual States scramble to find programs to help them. 

There will never be a complete wall on our southern border, but we will be taxed heavily to build a "spotty" wall and pay for the doubling of agents to defend that border. (Better, the E-Verify plan to prevent "undocumented" people from working in the U.S.) 

We can only hope our international relations with countries important to us are not damaged beyond repair. 

Yes, Mr. Trump is our president. Yes, millions of Americans are sad, concerned, and frightened. My guess is that the millions who voted for him will, this time next year, share these feelings. 

This was a mistake, and it won't take four years to prove it.

Very well said. BUT! you said It's also a fact that almost 2 million more people voted for his opponent than voted for him.

Actually the fact is it was almost three million.. Clinton got 2.9 million more votes
And neither one of you get the fucking point.  It's not about the other half of the country that voted for Hillary, it's about the fact that THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MEDIA.  They are watched and trusted by sheep like you.....

Think their bias shows much??   Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
(03-14-2017, 05:47 PM)Hugo Wrote: And neither one of you get the fucking point.  It's not about the other half of the country that voted for Hillary, it's about the fact that THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MEDIA.  They are watched and trusted by sheep like you.....

Once again you go with the premise that we are sheep and YOU are not. WE don't get the point but YOU do. And like you just recently said, we don't have the comprehension that YOU have.

I doubt YOU even totally believe that .

Silly me but I'm not amazed nor do I think less of people in the media who were shocked when they heard this far right wing ignorant clown actually got elected.

So they let their guard down and we know who they really wanted to get elected... Big freaking deal.

Because NO ONE EVER knew who the Fox news talking heads wanted to see elected right??????

[Image: make-me-laugh-d884e93a2b0d0bcae52ee11e89...50-s51.jpg]

Laughing Laughing 
All that was missing was the reactions from here.
I was just thinking this thread could use gargantuan emoji.
(03-14-2017, 06:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-14-2017, 05:47 PM)Hugo Wrote: And neither one of you get the fucking point.  It's not about the other half of the country that voted for Hillary, it's about the fact that THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MEDIA.  They are watched and trusted by sheep like you.....

Once again you go with the premise that we are sheep and YOU are not. WE don't get the point but YOU do. And like you just recently said, we don't have the comprehension that YOU have.

Silly me but I'm not amazed nor do I think less of people in the media who were shocked when they heard this far right wing ignorant clown actually got elected.

So they let their guard down and we know who they really wanted to get elected... Big freaking deal.

Because NO ONE EVER knew who the Fox news talking heads wanted to see elected right??????

Oh yeah.... FOX NEWS!!!!   You didn't watch the video, did you jackwagon......? Laughing   Meghan Kelly in it more than once.....  Ever hear of Shepard Smith?  REALLY pro Trump... oh yeah.....

Lumping EVERYONE on Fox into one basket???  Yeah, I hear that a lot from you, about me.....

Idiot. Big Grin
(03-14-2017, 08:13 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Oh yeah.... FOX NEWS!!!!   You didn't watch the video, did you jackwagon......? Laughing   Meghan Kelly in it more than once.....  Ever hear of Shepard Smith?  REALLY pro Trump... oh yeah.....

Lumping EVERYONE on Fox into one basket???  Yeah, I hear that a lot from you, about me.....

Idiot. Big Grin

Do you know what you write?  It's not about the other half of the country that voted for Hillary, it's about the fact that THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MEDIA.  They are watched and trusted by sheep like you..

Sheep like  me?, But not like you. Because I guess you don't  watch fox news?
(03-15-2017, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Idiot. Big Grin

Do you know what you write?  It's not about the other half of the country that voted for Hillary, it's about the fact that THESE PEOPLE ARE THE MEDIA.  They are watched and trusted by sheep like you..

Any chance we can reset this a get back on point? 

Hugo, you are dead right. "The media" was shocked and expressed that immediately after it was know Mr. Trump was elected to be our next president. 
Does that surprise you? Mr. Trump was an "outlier" from the start. He only claimed the Republican name tag when he realized he needed to be a Republican to be on the debate stage.
And then started making strange and off topic comments that had most of the country laughing. You will remember that the GOP establishment thought him a buffoon with no chance of winning. (See Rich Lowry's comments in The National Review, the standard of Conservative publications) 
But of course, we now know he attracted the attention of millions of voters who, for whatever reason, found some kind of value to his strange campaign. 
And now he is our president. 
And still it is not strange or unusual that so many pundits on the news channels and printed papers were shocked and baffled. Almost 3 million...(I was recently corrected) could not believe this man who has never held public office, served in any public institution, or published any policy paper about governing, had been elected. 

And now, we continue to watch and listen. He claims 3 million votes for the Democratic candidate were from illegals. He claims Sweden is crime-ridden. He thought Frederick Douglass was alive and well. He thought China was a member of the TPP. He offended the president of Australia, made a undiplomatic call the the president of Taiwan, and admires Mr. Putin.  His tweets are bizaree ramblings of someone who gives little thought before making remarks. He claims Mr. Obama personally "wired" his phones. Etc. 

It won't take long for the man to prove he lacks presidential qualities. He should be thankful he has a Republician Congress to support him. 

Yes, "the media" was shocked and made negative comments. 

Little wonder. 

But please notice: We accepted the results of a very close election, have made a orderly transfer of power, and afforded proper respect when he spoke from the podium of the congress.
(03-16-2017, 01:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Idiot. Big Grin

"Any chance we can reset this a get back on point?"

<Snip>

RE: A couple of posts up by Wonky. 

Hugo, you have no shame.  Smiling

So often, well into a discussion, you "quit the field" when the debate gets down to that place were reality bites into the simple rhetoric of talking points without merit. 

Any more to say here? Maybe you have been listening to NPR?  Laughing

One can hope.
(03-16-2017, 01:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Idiot. Big Grin

Any chance we can reset this a get back on point? 

Hugo, you are dead right. "The media" was shocked and expressed that immediately after it was know Mr. Trump was elected to be our next president. 
Does that surprise you? Mr. Trump was an "outlier" from the start. He only claimed the Republican name tag when he realized he needed to be a Republican to be on the debate stage.
And then started making strange and off topic comments that had most of the country laughing. You will remember that the GOP establishment thought him a buffoon with no chance of winning. (See Rich Lowry's comments in The National Review, the standard of Conservative publications) 
But of course, we now know he attracted the attention of millions of voters who, for whatever reason, found some kind of value to his strange campaign. 
And now he is our president. 
And still it is not strange or unusual that so many pundits on the news channels and printed papers were shocked and baffled. Almost 3 million...(I was recently corrected) could not believe this man who has never held public office, served in any public institution, or published any policy paper about governing, had been elected. 

And now, we continue to watch and listen. He claims 3 million votes for the Democratic candidate were from illegals. He claims Sweden is crime-ridden. He thought Frederick Douglass was alive and well. He thought China was a member of the TPP. He offended the president of Australia, made a undiplomatic call the the president of Taiwan, and admires Mr. Putin.  His tweets are bizaree ramblings of someone who gives little thought before making remarks. He claims Mr. Obama personally "wired" his phones. Etc. 

It won't take long for the man to prove he lacks presidential qualities. He should be thankful he has a Republician Congress to support him. 

Yes, "the media" was shocked and made negative comments. 

Little wonder. 

But please notice: We accepted the results of a very close election, have made a orderly transfer of power, and afforded proper respect when he spoke from the podium of the congress.

I nominate this as post of the month, maybe the year.. Bravo Wonk!!!