There HAS to be a LOT of racists here in the Valley
(03-07-2017, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 03:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 09:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Note to Chuck White:

Up a few posts, you opined: 

"Wow, When I hear people speaking espanol, I think tourist on vacation. When we went to Europe, total strangers would come up to us when they heard us talking. They were always friend and eager to learn about Americans and America from us. They also would share things about their country and culture.

So, next time smile and say, Hey are you from Spain, I heard you speaking Spanish.
(helps, if you say it in Spanish)

You might learn something  about their culture and perhaps you can share some of yours.
[Image: icon_rvf_biggrin.gif]"

Well Chuck, I wasn't thinking of tourists and I doubt that my remarks suggested that. I know Mexican folks who came here at as young workers who still can speak only a few words of English. If they live in a neighborhood of mostly Spanish speakers they get along okay for the most part. 
And I admitted my own bias, and can't really defend it. And still, I have negative feelings about people who want to live in this culture but make no real effort to integrate into it. 

So, feel free to criticize my attitude, but do it in context please. To suggest I was thinking of tourists when I made the remarks is just plain goofy. 

I admit my attitude is narrow, but I continue to believe I have a valid point. Please don't confuse the issue further by suggesting I was thinking of "tourists".

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just hit the reply tab on Chucks post that you are talking about? LOL. Anyway I don't think Chuck said what you think he said. Although I'm just guessing.

Whatever...I copied and pasted his remarks (in italics) so I guess I got what he said. 

And I didn't use the reply feature because his post was a long way "up" from the ongoing conversation and I didn't want to derail that...hoping others would just skip this. So...you suggesting I should have PM'ed him? 
But thanks for your interest. Somebody has to monitor the halls around here.

If you would have just replied to his post that "was a long way up" it still would have gone to the same place. I don't get the maybe it will derail concept but then again I don't get Rap , rice cakes or why people buy pants that have a built in saggy ass.
I thought maybe you just smoked a bowl of train wreck and drank two 24 OZ cans of Gutter buddies best.

Oh wait that was me Razz

We BOTH need a hobby.  Wink
(03-07-2017, 04:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 04:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 03:36 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"Wow, When I hear people speaking espanol, I think tourist on vacation. When we went to Europe, total strangers would come up to us when they heard us talking. They were always friend and eager to learn about Americans and America from us. They also would share things about their country and culture.

So, next time smile and say, Hey are you from Spain, I heard you speaking Spanish.

You might learn something  about their culture and perhaps you can share some of yours.

Well Chuck, I wasn't thinking of tourists and I doubt that my remarks suggested that. I know Mexican folks who came here at as young workers who still can speak only a few words of English. If they live in a neighborhood of mostly Spanish speakers they get along okay for the most part. 
And I admitted my own bias, and can't really defend it. And still, I have negative feelings about people who want to live in this culture but make no real effort to integrate into it. 

So, feel free to criticize my attitude, but do it in context please. To suggest I was thinking of tourists when I made the remarks is just plain goofy. 

I admit my attitude is narrow, but I continue to believe I have a valid point. Please don't confuse the issue further by suggesting I was thinking of "tourists".

Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just hit the reply tab on Chucks post that you are talking about? LOL. Anyway I don't think Chuck said what you think he said. Although I'm just guessing.

Whatever...I copied and pasted his remarks (in italics) so I guess I got what he said. 

And I didn't use the reply feature because his post was a long way "up" from the ongoing conversation and I didn't want to derail that...hoping others would just skip this. So...you suggesting I should have PM'ed him? 
But thanks for your interest. Somebody has to monitor the halls around here.

If you would have just replied to his post that "was a long way up" it still would have gone to the same place. I don't get the maybe it will derail concept but then again I don't get Rap , rice cakes or why people buy pants that have a built in saggy ass.
I thought maybe you just smoked a bowl of train wreck and drank two 24 OZ cans of Gutter buddies best.

Oh wait that was me Razz

We BOTH need a hobby.  Wink
 Actually I need to get rid of about 85 hobbies. One is blabbing on the internet .

Well, why didn't you think they were tourist?
They were speaking a foreign language.

Or, did you just assume because it was Spanish, they was some immigrants or migrant farm workers.

Which gives the same opportunity to share in culture.

I think what bothers you, is you couldn't understand what they were saying and you might be missing out.

(03-07-2017, 08:20 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 07:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 06:55 PM)tvguy Wrote: And it sure hell seems to me to be almost all conservatives

On a Facebook group here with thousands of members some of the most common posts are all basically the same thing.
They show a Muslim somewhere doing something despicable and the point is that's just how Muslims are.

They show Violent liberal protestors and the point is that's just how liberals are.

IF they can be so easily led to believe they know what people think based on the actions of a few?

What do you think they think about black people?

I'm seeing more and more stuff just around. Propaganda written on cars, flying confederate flags by folks who probably havne't been East of the Rockies, Swastikas, ugly words and thoughts, just perma-penned right onto their cars or shirts.  They subscribe to hate sites. Everytime someone posts a protest or awareness event they talk about forming a group to go and harass it.  Now, in my own real life, I don't think I associate knowingly with these types, but I know they are out there.

Probably Larry.  Smiling

[Image: 6f82f8a337e85d8b2249d1c4cf16a4d5.jpg]

You just jumped the shark.
(03-07-2017, 08:37 PM)Hugo Wrote: You just jumped the shark.

I just try not to miss a chance to bullyrag you.  Wink
(03-07-2017, 09:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

The guy in the front must be confused. He's flying both, the confederate and the Union flag.
(03-07-2017, 10:49 PM)chuck white Wrote:

The guy in the front must be confused. He's flying both, the confederate and the Union flag.

He can do what he wants because he's the truck that has the engine.
(03-07-2017, 11:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-07-2017, 10:49 PM)chuck white Wrote:

He can do what he wants because he's the truck that has the engine.

Ya, always put the engine up front.
They have a good since of direction.