Movies!
(01-15-2017, 11:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I just rented 'Deepwater Horizon' and 'We're the Millers' from Redbox online.
Gotta go pick them up.  I'm sure you can guess what we're going to be doing today... AFTER the Cowboys game, of course.  Big Grin

Why wait? Baseball is so boring.   Wink
(01-15-2017, 11:58 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 11:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I just rented 'Deepwater Horizon' and 'We're the Millers' from Redbox online.
Gotta go pick them up.  I'm sure you can guess what we're going to be doing today... AFTER the Cowboys game, of course.  Big Grin

Why wait? Baseball is so boring.   Wink

Baseball?!?!  Laughing

Deepwater Horizon....what a yawner. Big Grin
(01-15-2017, 07:11 PM)Juniper Wrote:

The movie maybe: I haven't (won't) see it.

The actual event? Not so boring.
(01-15-2017, 07:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Especially if you were there!   Surprised
(01-15-2017, 07:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

What's THAT got to do with it?

We actually liked it.  The movie.  Not the actual event.
(01-15-2017, 11:09 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

We actually liked it.  The movie.  Not the actual event.
Really ?  I found it execrably tedious.  It did NOT pass my tests! Big Grin
I saw Hidden Figures at the theater yesterday. I really likes it. I thought it might be too slow, but the movie kept my attention. Kevin Costner did a good job with this movie. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, so if you don't like my nonreview of a review you can checkout the trailers.
(01-16-2017, 10:27 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I saw Hidden Figures at the theater yesterday. I really likes it. I thought it might be too slow, but the movie kept my attention. Kevin Costner did a good job with this movie. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, so if you don't like my nonreview of a review you can checkout the trailers.

Jeez, I must be getting really behind on entertainment news. I haven't even heard of that one!
(01-16-2017, 10:27 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I saw Hidden Figures at the theater yesterday. I really likes it. I thought it might be too slow, but the movie kept my attention. Kevin Costner did a good job with this movie. I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, so if you don't like my nonreview of a review you can checkout the trailers.

That's OK, I'll wait for the reviews our Trumpsters provide.  Laughing
I  had no idea there was going to be a Trainspotting 2 directed by Danny Boyle and with the same cast in it, set twenty years later.
(01-23-2017, 07:17 AM)Juniper Wrote: I  had no idea there was going to be a Trainspotting 2 directed by Danny Boyle and with the same cast in it, set twenty years later.

I had no idea there was a Trainspotting.  Smiling
(01-23-2017, 10:33 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:17 AM)Juniper Wrote: I  had no idea there was going to be a Trainspotting 2 directed by Danny Boyle and with the same cast in it, set twenty years later.

You have enough trauma in your life: You may not want to watch this.

Twitch   Uhmmmmmm....for once I'm going to throw in with Wonky. If you haven't seen Trainspotting, from the 90's you  have missed a very iconic movie who's stars went on to great success: Ewan McGregor, Robert Carlyle, Johnny Lee Miller, Danny Boyle (Director)....  It's an incredible film.  Notice I didn't say it's a great film, go see it!  I mean,  yeah, you should see it, but this film is rough.  It took me 3 tries to get through it.  And by todays standards the iconic scenes aren't up to the CGI we expect today, but still...people have nightmares about that scene. I kid you not!
(01-23-2017, 07:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Twitch   Uhmmmmmm....for once I'm going to throw in with Wonky. If you haven't seen Trainspotting, from the 90's you  have missed a very iconic movie who's stars went on to great success: Ewan McGregor, Robert Carlyle, Johnny Lee Miller, Danny Boyle (Director)....  It's an incredible film.  Notice I didn't say it's a great film, go see it!  I mean,  yeah, you should see it, but this film is rough.  It took me 3 tries to get through it.  And by todays standards the iconic scenes aren't up to the CGI we expect today, but still...people have nightmares about that scene. I kid you not!

When I brought it up on Netflix it showed I attempted to watch it and only got about 1/3 into it.  Laughing Should I try again?
(01-23-2017, 07:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 07:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

When I brought it up on Netflix it showed I attempted to watch it and only got about 1/3 into it.  Laughing Should I try again?

I don't know. It's very dark, black humor.  VERY.  The underbelly of life. But I love stuff like that. Not the underbelly so much as the cockeyed slant of it all.  You need a dark sense of humor and a strong stomach.  However, in terms of films that make my list in terms of classics, this one makes it.  Your call.
GET OUT. 

I've been reading (and hearing) a lot about the Jordon Peele movie, GET OUT,  and was curios. 

Went to see it. 

Wish I had my 7 bucks back. 

I thought it was a warmed up version of an old Twilight Zone TV show. But that's just me...you may think it has some real social commentary. 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)]Synopsis[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)]Now that Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and his girlfriend, Rose (Allison Williams), have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he never could have imagined.[/color]
(03-13-2017, 07:23 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: GET OUT. 

I've been reading (and hearing) a lot about the Jordon Peele movie, GET OUT,  and was curios. 

Went to see it. 

Wish I had my 7 bucks back. 

I thought it was a warmed up version of an old Twilight Zone TV show. But that's just me...you may think it has some real social commentary. 

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)]Synopsis[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.74902)]Now that Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and his girlfriend, Rose (Allison Williams), have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he never could have imagined.[/color]
I went and saw this and feel similarly.  I think Peele missed a golden opportunity. If this had been a comedy, (and at times he goes there) it could have been a lot more fun, a better film, and just as culturally relevant.
We saw "Logan" yesterday. Not typically my type of movie, but it did hold my interest the entire time. We went to an old theater (in our local area) that serves food and adult beverages, even has dining tables & chairs for 2, as well as a couple of love seats. After the movie a gentleman (in a nice jacket and white gloves) stood at the exit offering mints from a gold platter. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Posted from my damn phone using Tapatalk