Scientology anyone?
I've been watching the A&E series on Scientology. I've watched every episode... both this season and last season. I always knew that Scientology was a sham and a facade... but, if what is being claimed on this series is even partly true... it is much, much worse. I hope Ms. Remini and Mr. Rinder succeed in bringing this operation down. I want to see David Miscavige go to prison. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Cruise taken down a few notches as well. Is anyone else around here watching this unfold?
(09-24-2017, 05:32 PM)GCG Wrote: I've been watching the A&E series on Scientology. I've watched every episode... both this season and last season. I always knew that Scientology was a sham and a facade... but, if what is being claimed on this series is even partly true... it is much, much worse. I hope Ms. Remini and Mr. Rinder succeed in bringing this operation down. I want to see David Miscavige go to prison. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Cruise taken down a few nothces as well. Is anyone else around here watching this unfold?

I watched a few episodes. And then it got boring for me , even with such a beautiful host as Remini. I think it's almost if not all true. It's a cult cleverly disguised to fool people.|
Oh wait all cults are that way LOL.
(09-24-2017, 05:32 PM)GCG Wrote: I've been watching the A&E series on Scientology. I've watched every episode... both this season and last season. I always knew that Scientology was a sham and a facade... but, if what is being claimed on this series is even partly true... it is much, much worse. I hope Ms. Remini and Mr. Rinder succeed in bringing this operation down. I want to see David Miscavige go to prison. I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Cruise taken down a few nothces as well. Is anyone else around here watching this unfold?

I watched the first one.  Somehow Scientology, farce that it is, doesn't pique my interest for watching.  I think they are a joke. A powerful joke.
(09-24-2017, 05:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I watched the first one.  Somehow Scientology, farce that it is, doesn't pique my interest for watching.  I think they are a joke. A powerful joke.

"A powerful joke". So true and so sad. I didn't bother: Had read enough about the outfit to know I would not be interested. I'm glad things like this get aired on TV.
(09-24-2017, 09:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-24-2017, 05:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:

"A powerful joke". So true and so sad. I didn't bother: Had read enough about the outfit to know I would not be interested. I'm glad things like this get aired on TV.

I'm not rich enough to be a Scientologist.
Mormonism is a sham as well.
(09-25-2017, 09:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Mormonism is a sham as well.
I think so too. But, I'm an atheist and think all formal religions are "shams"

What's curious is that The Church attracts some bright, aware and educated people. And, they may start getting lots of new members: They can now drink coffee (in the open). 

I know a few and the ones I know are great folks: Honest, hardworking, etc. And still they subscribe to some really weird stuff! I was a holly roller as a kid (and into high school) and we had some really off the wall practices but at least we didn't wear holy underwear of believe we picked our parents before we were born. 

Whatever floats your boat I guess. (And I seldom have them at my door these days. Wonder why?)
(09-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

What's curious is that The Church attracts some bright, aware and educated people. And, they may start getting lots of new members: They can now drink coffee (in the open). 

I know a few and the ones I know are great folks: Honest, hardworking, etc. And still they subscribe to some really weird stuff! I was a holly roller as a kid (and into high school) and we had some really off the wall practices but at least we didn't wear holy underwear of believe we picked our parents before we were born. 

Whatever floats your boat I guess. (And I seldom have them at my door these days. Wonder why?)

I hope you didn't include Pastafarianism in that list of "shams".
(09-25-2017, 05:14 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I hope you didn't include Rastafarianism in that list of "shams".

OF COURSE NOT! I leave offerings (a couple joints) out at night for the spirits from the islands.
(09-25-2017, 05:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

OF COURSE NOT! I leave offerings (a couple joints) out at night for the spirits from the islands.

I didn't say Rastafarianism, I said Pastafarians

[Image: latest?cb=20140303224018][Image: 0413fsm.jpg]
(09-25-2017, 08:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Awww! Man!  We missed talk like a pirate day! Sad
(09-25-2017, 09:09 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 12:26 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I think so too. But, I'm an atheist and think all formal religions are "shams"

Awww! Man!  We missed talk like a pirate day! Sad

Go ahead and pretend you didn't.   Big Grin

At least the Pastafarians wear it right out on their sleeves.