The Travel Topic
(09-09-2016, 05:02 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 03:39 PM)Jeep Wrote: Lucky for me the people who I'm traveling with are not dickheads.  They have no need to constantly correct.
Wow Jeeper that's pretty harsh. You know all he did was give you a heads up.

It's kind of like saying NO ONE in San Francisco says "Frisco" so you don't look lie an ignorant hick.

LOL  Thanks for replying.  Classic TV Guy/Wonky tag team. Love it.

Right we are a team. I've never got on his ass when I thought he was wrong Blink

If you seriously think I'm siding with someone because I'm on their team you must have never read a single post I've mad in the last decade.

You over reacted. You took something wrong. It's as simple as that. And then when he TRIED to explain you wouldn't have any of it.
Sure. Okay. Big Grin I knew you would defend his honor.

If that's what you want to think be my guest.
(09-09-2016, 03:39 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 03:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 03:01 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 09:38 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Empire State Building. Kiss someone.

Like on the lips?  Twitch Just 4 days but so far I will be very busy.  Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Jersey Boys Play, One Trade Center, Cooking class at Eataly, Central Park, Wall Street, Grand Central Station, and places I'll find out about later.  Staying at the Roosevelt Hotel.  First time visit for me.  Can't wait!
I don't matter one whit, but if you are with New York Native types they will remind you that while there are a number of Grand Central Stations around the country the one in NYC is know as Grand Central TERMINAL.

Lucky for me the people who I'm traveling with are not dickheads.  They have no need to constantly correct.

It's kind of like saying NO ONE in San Francisco says "Frisco" so you don't look lie an ignorant hick.

Yep...kind of like that. I lived in San Francisco for 10 years and it's true that when we heard someone say "Frisco" we knew  they were from "somewhere out of town" and seldom did anyone from other large cities refer to it as Frisco. Not important, just one of those little things about learning the place one visits. 

But my only reason for pointing out the TERMINAL thing was that I thought it would be of interest to someone visiting NYC. One wouldn't ask for directions to the terminal for the STATEN ISLAND BOAT or YANKEE FIELD. I was only aware of "terminal thing" because I happened on it in a magazine piece. Don't make me smart...just a tiny bit informed about a trival fact. 

But I ain't gonna win this one. Jeep thinks I'm pretending to be some kind of intellectual mind machine. If she only knew! I've said a number of times here I graduated high school with about a 5th grade education and my only salvation is that I enjoy reading and so have picked up a oouple of facts. 

I guess I should have simply not made the comment. Hard to know around here how things will be taken. 

PS: The only reason I capitized TERMINAL was to make the point clear. I know capitalization is often seen as shouting but I had no need or reason to shout. 

Whatever: Mostly, Jeep, I hope you have a wonderful time in the Big Apple and get to see and experience all the things you can. A family guy and wage earner (and a guy who made a few bad choices)  I was never able to make the trip. I would have loved to.
I think the peoples who call Medford Meddy is stupy
(09-09-2016, 05:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think the peoples who call Medford Meddy is stupy

I have a friend who's father is 98 years old and insists on calling in Middleford. His family says it was never called Middleford during the old mans life, but to him, Middleford it is. Go figure.
(09-09-2016, 03:39 PM)Jeep Wrote: Lucky for me the people who I'm traveling with are not dickheads.  They have no need to constantly correct.

Right we are a team. I've never got on his ass when I thought he was wrong Blink

If you seriously think I'm siding with someone because I'm on their team you must have never read a single post I've mad in the last decade.

You over reacted. You took something wrong. It's as simple as that. And then when he TRIED to explain you wouldn't have any of it.

I'm on your side. I can't stand chickenshit corrections of things that don't matter all that much. I once said this is the Rogue Valley Fault Finders Forum and it is. If we ain't fighting about chickenshit things that don't matter and that are posted to make someone look smarter, then we ain't posting shit.
(09-09-2016, 08:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wow Jeeper that's pretty harsh. You know all he did was give you a heads up.

I'm on your side. I can't stand chickenshit corrections of things that don't matter all that much. I once said this is the Rogue Valley Fault Finders Forum and it is. If we ain't fighting about chickenshit things that don't matter and that are posted to make someone look smarter, then we ain't posting shit.
Thank you.  I'm VERY excited about my trip to NYC.  I care for senior family members and this is a needed break for me.  I was just sharing my travel info. because I like this forum and it needed some positive posts.
(09-09-2016, 09:06 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Jeep Wrote: LOL  Thanks for replying.  Classic TV Guy/Wonky tag team. Love it.

Thank you.  I'm VERY excited about my trip to NYC.  I care for senior family members and this is a needed break for me.  I was just sharing my travel info. because I like this forum and it needed some positive posts.

Enjoy your trip. I did New York City years ago and I loved the experience. Remember only tourists look up at the skyscrapers.
(09-09-2016, 09:06 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:53 PM)Jeep Wrote: LOL  Thanks for replying.  Classic TV Guy/Wonky tag team. Love it.

I'm excited for you! I've never been, but would love to. I hope you'll take photos and share some with us.

Posted via Tapatalk
(09-09-2016, 04:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wow Jeeper that's pretty harsh. You know all he did was give you a heads up.

Aren't you finding fault by assuming Wonky was trying to look smarter? AS far as fighting about chicken shit things? That's all on Jeep.SHE called Wonky a dick head.That's the chickenshit right there.  It's just a matter of opinion what Wonky's motive was but when I read it and even for Wonky I think it's a huge stretch to conclude what you two think.
(09-10-2016, 11:08 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Aren't you finding fault by assuming Wonky was trying to look smarter? AS far as fighting about chicken shit things? That's all on Jeep.SHE called Wonky a dick head.That's the chickenshit right there.  It's just a matter of opinion what Wonky's motive was but when I read it and even for Wonky I think it's a huge stretch to conclude what you two think.
Yeah, strange how these things morph into conflicts. " chickenshit corrections of things that don't matter all that much". 
Well...
I happened to read someplace that only tourists refer to it as "Station" while the people of NY call it the "Terminal". I was in no way suggesting Jeep was ignorant if she was not aware of this (as I was most of my life), I only thought it might enhance the pleasue of her visit to have this tid-bit of trivial information. Nothing more. 

So, I suspect Jeep's recaction about "Dick Heads" and Cletes' about "chickenshit corrections" has more to do with history here on the forum than the comment I made. 

And I think that's kind of sad.

I guess apologizing is in order.  I'm sorry for calling Wonky a bad name and thank you for bringing it to light how rude I was. tvguy is awesome!
(09-18-2016, 04:22 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 04:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: Right we are a team. I've never got on his ass when I thought he was wrong Blink

I guess apologizing is in order.  I'm sorry for calling Wonky a bad name and thank you for bringing it to light how rude I was. tvguy is awesome!

These things happen.
When I posted the thing about Grand Central Station being in fact Grand Central Terminal I was not trying to ge a wise ass know it all. As I explained, I just happend to read it in a magazine article and since you were going to be a toursist there I thought you might find it of some interest. (I did). 

Tone can be all important in the posts we offer here, and if I was guilty of soundng assertive and pompous please know that was not my intent. I'll try to more careful in how I broach the tone of the things I post. 

But dickhead, I did take exception to and whatever my faults I bristle at that!
Counting down for my YUGE Adventure. After checking in we are off to the Grand Central Station. Just need a rain coat/wind beater and I'm good to go. Next year......Europe?
(10-04-2016, 04:08 PM)Jeep Wrote: Counting down for my YUGE Adventure. After checking in we are off to the Grand Central Station. Just need a rain coat/wind beater and I'm good to go. Next year......Europe?

Hope you enjoy your stay. They tell me you can spend the whole day in "Grand Central Station" poking around and cheking out all the various levels, etc. Be sure an send us a "selfie".
(10-04-2016, 04:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 04:08 PM)Jeep Wrote: Counting down for my YUGE Adventure. After checking in we are off to the Grand Central Station. Just need a rain coat/wind beater and I'm good to go. Next year......Europe?

Hope you enjoy your stay. They tell me you can spend the whole day in "Grand Central Station" poking around and cheking out all the various levels, etc. Be sure an send us a "selfie".

Oh, Wonky.....You're a good sport.  See how much fun that was. Big Grin
(10-04-2016, 04:19 PM)Jeep Wrote:

I always try to be a good sport. My earlier reference about Grand Central Station was not to in any way suggest your ignorance of the place or to in any way disrespect you. As I said then, I read it in a magazine piece, thought it was interesting, and since you were going there thought you might find it interesting also. 

In response I got shot down with a slightly vulgar post. 

And still I wonder if it was necessary to include, "see how much fun that was". A bit condescending? 

But, that was then, this is now. No harm, no foul. 

I'm good. 

They say "Travel is broadening". I hope you return with story's to tell about things you learned while there. Be safe. Enjoy.
(10-04-2016, 04:30 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 04:19 PM)Jeep Wrote:

I always try to be a good sport. My earlier reference about Grand Central Station was not to in any way suggest your ignorance of the place or to in any way disrespect you. As I said then, I read it in a magazine piece, thought it was interesting, and since you were going there thought you might find it interesting also. 

In response I got shot down with a slightly vulgar post. 

And still I wonder if it was necessary to include, "see how much fun that was". A bit condescending? 

But, that was then, this is now. No harm, no foul. 

I'm good. 

They say "Travel is broadening". I hope you return with story's to tell about things you learned while there. Be safe. Enjoy.
Light.  I was being light and airy.  I KNOW I will return with exciting stories. Just being funny with you.  Sorry it doesn't go well with your humor. Wink
(10-04-2016, 04:52 PM)Jeep Wrote: Light.  I was being light and airy.  I KNOW I will return with exciting stories. Just being funny with you.  Sorry it doesn't go well with your humor. Wink

Don't fret, most of us understand your intent. Have a wonderful, safe and fruitful holiday!
(10-04-2016, 05:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-04-2016, 04:52 PM)Jeep Wrote: Light.  I was being light and airy.  I KNOW I will return with exciting stories. Just being funny with you.  Sorry it doesn't go well with your humor. Wink

Don't fret, most of us understand your intent. Have a wonderful, safe and fruitful holiday!
Yes, what VS said!

Posted via Tapatalk
Sheesh.