"Girl power!"
(06-29-2011, 12:41 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 12:28 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 09:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have listened to a few Podcasts.... but I'm pretty sure they aren't anything you would have listened to. Eyebrows Big Grin Zipped

I guess we will never know in that you didn't say what you listened to. I did.
And there, Dear heart, is the heart of the matter.
Monitor your posts? What's to monitor?
I bet you are a sweetheart, a fun loving gal who lives a happy life.
I wish you well.
As the Brit's say, "Carry On".

It just seems like people get judged for way too many things here. I don't want my Podcast choices judged. I listen to my iPod for fun... some times just to 'check out' for a short time. I'm sure you can guess that my Podcast choices have zero to do with politics or religion! Wink I go for humor... and other things. Big Grin

I too like humor.
...and other things.
If you want to limit your experiences, you have every right to do so.
However, when more substantial subjects are in play, you may want to recuse yourself for lack of background information.
As I said earlier, I bet you are a sweet, fun loving lady. What's not to like about that?
Again, "Carry on".
(06-29-2011, 12:49 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 09:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have listened to a few Podcasts.... but I'm pretty sure they aren't anything you would have listened to. Eyebrows Big Grin Zipped

I wish you well.

It just seems like people get judged for way too many things here. I don't want my Podcast choices judged. I listen to my iPod for fun... some times just to 'check out' for a short time. I'm sure you can guess that my Podcast choices have zero to do with politics or religion! Wink I go for humor... and other things. Big Grin

I too like humor.
...and other things.
However, when more substantial subjects are in play, you may want to recuse yourself for lack of background information.
As I said earlier, I bet you are a sweet, fun loving lady. What's not to like about that?
Again, "Carry on".

Ha! Laughing I am totally GETTING what Crone was pointing out in another thread... sugar coating your condescension and put downs doesn't make them (or you) any nicer! Mad

Yes, carry on.
(06-29-2011, 12:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 12:49 PM)Wonky Wrote:

I wish you well.

I too like humor.
...and other things.
Again, "Carry on".

Ha! Laughing I am totally GETTING what Crone was pointing out in another thread... sugar coating your condescension and put downs doesn't make them (or you) any nicer! Mad

Yes, carry on.

"And the truth shall make you free".
(Sorry, can't quote scripture and verse).
(06-29-2011, 12:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Ha! Laughing I am totally GETTING what Crone was pointing out in another thread... sugar coating your condescension and put downs doesn't make them (or you) any nicer! Mad
Yes, carry on.

I disagree. The old MTF had a lot more snooty posters than what we have left here. Razz Seriously though... I'm not saying this about this thread in particular but more all posts in general. I think it does make one nicer and I'm more apt to consider their opinion as well. I truly appreciate the effort Wonky takes to say what he means with more tact and (sometimes) Smiling elegance of a true gentleman.

Wonky, Payment can be made in the usual fashion.
(06-29-2011, 08:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 12:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Ha! Laughing I am totally GETTING what Crone was pointing out in another thread... sugar coating your condescension and put downs doesn't make them (or you) any nicer! Mad
Yes, carry on.

I disagree. The old MTF had a lot more snooty posters than what we have left here. Razz Seriously though... I'm not saying this about this thread in particular but more all posts in general. I think it does make one nicer and I'm more apt to consider their opinion as well. I truly appreciate the effort Wonky takes to say what he means with more tact and (sometimes) Smiling elegance of a true gentleman.

Yeah? Ummm... Bull shit. Dry
(06-29-2011, 09:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
Yes, carry on.

Yeah? Ummm... Bull shit. Dry

Spoken like a lady of some quality who has been kicked in the head too many times.
But, succinct, we must give you that.
Be well.
Yes, carry on.

Checks in the mail.
This one may bounce also.
Hope "it's the thought that counts".

Specifically about your comments: I do feel disagreement can be expressed without vile language. And sometimes disagreement must be expressed with words suggesting "I think you are just plain wrong".
But, I'm always open to correction, and in the past I've pleaded guilty to holding views that I could not support after others pointed out the flaws.
And yes, in the past things here got very nasty. Hope we don't return to that.
Thanks for your defense of my attempts to be civil. And, I won't be sorry for my strong opinions or my pointed remarks at those with whom I disagree.

Thanks again. I hope your post doesn't cost you the loss of friendships.