Mother of suspected shooter says son was ribbed over May 21 rapture beliefs
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...liefs.html

Excerpt: "The motive in a workplace shooting in Eugene is reportedly the ribbing one employee took from a co-worker after the predicted May 21 rapture failed to occur.

The mother of the victim told The Register Guard that her son said Dale O'Callaghan took it personally when he was needled about his belief that he would be taken to heaven by the return of Jesus Christ.

O'Callaghan is accused of shooting Jerry Andrews on Friday at LHM Hydraulics, where they worked. Andrews suffered a fractured shoulder.

His mother, Robin O'Brien, says her son didn't want to speak with a reporter about the shooting, but she said O'Callaghan had expected to be taken up in the rapture.

The 39-year-old O'Callaghan is held in the Lane County Jail on an assault charge."
Guess he's not going to heaven. :wacko:
Everybody sins, and one little murder doesn't change anything either. Neither would 100 murders. As long as he believes Christ died for his sins he's in, just like that. Even if he decides it at the last possible moment as he draws his last breath.

It doesn't seem like he could be much of a Christian if he didn't give some money to the church while he was here, though, does it? The Bible tells him so. And bring in new converts, too. But that still doesn't matter. He's still going to Heaven, as long as he can believe in this stuff with a straight face. And wasn't he just defending his beliefs anyway? Smiling
I don't know if the fizzicysts who have started us down the path to a real God, see the threat these freaks pose to God.
(06-28-2011, 08:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Everybody sins, and one little murder doesn't change anything either. Neither would 100 murders. As long as he believes Christ died for his sins he's in, just like that. Even if he decides it at the last possible moment as he draws his last breath.

It doesn't seem like he could be much of a Christian if he didn't give some money to the church while he was here, though, does it? The Bible tells him so. And bring in new converts, too. But that still doesn't matter. He's still going to Heaven, as long as he can believe in this stuff with a straight face. And wasn't he just defending his beliefs anyway? Smiling
Spoken like the reprobate you are Ponder.

(07-02-2011, 08:29 PM)Jesus Christ Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 08:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Everybody sins, and one little murder doesn't change anything either. Neither would 100 murders. As long as he believes Christ died for his sins he's in, just like that. Even if he decides it at the last possible moment as he draws his last breath.

Spoken like the reprobate you are Ponder.

Spoken like someone who can see the absurdity of religion.

I had to look that word again for the 10th time. It's a word you love to use loosely JC and it looks like some cheap evangelists made up word.

I used to be your favorite reprobate, what happened?. Ponder won't even hurt a fish and me? I was always lucky in the order when it comes to killin.Razz
Come on dude I wanna be yer reprobateSmiling

rep·ro·bate (rpr-bt)
n.
1. A morally unprincipled person.
2. One who is predestined to damnation.
adj.
1. Morally unprincipled; shameless.
2. Rejected by God and without hope of salvation.
tr.v. rep·ro·bat·ed, rep·ro·bat·ing, rep·ro·bates
1. To disapprove of; condemn.
2. To abandon to eternal damnation. Used of God.
I thought this kind of stuff is why KGasso created the Thunderdome. Mad
Guilty as Charged Crone , trying to work around Ponder and I going at it will take some practice. I ask you though as a believer how would one respond to Ponders post in any way that wont worthy of being in the thunder dome. If I am not mistaken Tim had a News only section that meant commentary /debate was to be kept at a minimum. I should have taken Ponders quote and put it in the thunderdome. Tell you what ? I will do my best to do that now.

Ponder if you are going to make statements like you did , do me a favor and do it officially in the appropriate section. Other wise the thread title will be started with Calling Ponder out on .........thread.

TV if you pull your post I already reproduced it in TD.

I started a Request thread in the Desk section about inflammatory posts , I reads pretty good to me .
(07-04-2011, 04:35 PM)Crone Wrote: I thought this kind of stuff is why KGasso created the Thunderdome. Mad

When it comes to Thunderdome, just say no. Big Grin

Quote:If I am not mistaken Tim had a News only section that meant commentary /debate was to be kept at a minimum.

Ya right, nobody kept anything to a min.
(07-04-2011, 07:58 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:If I am not mistaken Tim had a News only section that meant commentary /debate was to be kept at a minimum.

Ya right, nobody kept anything to a min.
Go to the TD addressing this thread please a post is waiting for you.