Local Culture in Eugene This Friday.
I'll be at the Country Fair in Eugene with some friends from Grants Pass. Maybe I will see you there. Big Grin
(07-06-2011, 09:05 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I'll be at the Country Fair in Eugene with some friends from Grants Pass. Maybe I will see you there. Big Grin
...snip...

Not me. That's one hell of a long walk!
There at least used to be more nudity there than you'll likely see anywhere else short of a nude beach, Wonky. Might be worth your walk. Smiling
(07-06-2011, 11:41 AM)PonderThis Wrote: There at least used to be more nudity there than you'll likely see anywhere else short of a nude beach, Wonky. Might be worth your walk. Smiling

They have a nude beach in Eugene?
I never lived there, but I think there's a hot springs east of Eugene that's a popular spot. I think the country fair is actually in Veneta, too, not Eugene.
Yes the Country fair is in Veneta but many people have no idea where Veneta is so Eugene works as a general location. I have been to the fair a few times. The first time was in 1990 and the last was 2007.

The fair has gone through some changes, it more crowded and commercialized like everything else that has had some success. It is still a place for a fun day with good food and music on one of the three stages and there is assorted weirdness, bizarre costumes and unique items to buy that make it worth the trip.

I'll take photos.Smiling
I have friends that live in Veneta and dread this event every year.

It is a huge PITA for any of the people that live in the area. The event seems to bring out the riff-raff... people drunk and/or high on who knows what... passed out or puking or urinating where ever... leaving their garbage all over.

So if you do go, please be kind to those that live in the area. At the very least, pick up after yourself!
(07-07-2011, 08:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I have friends that live in Veneta and dread this event every year.

It is a huge PITA for any of the people that live in the area. The event seems to bring out the riff-raff... people drunk and/or high on who knows what... passed out or puking or urinating where ever... leaving their garbage all over.

So if you do go, please be kind to those that live in the area. At the very least, pick up after yourself!

Yeah, well I am a no trace left behind kind of person anyway. I have seen a much better side to the Oregon Country Fair not that I doubt some people that attend are not pigs.

I have seen people from Eastern states come to Oregon for the fair. One year two elementary school teachers, one from from Ohio and another from Pennsylvania were looking at some shirts a vendor was selling. They both had their eye on a very colorful shirt depicting the solar system. I listened to them talk about what classes they taught and the math teacher finally said "no you take the shirt you teach science."

Anyway, my point is that a lot of regular people go to the fair besides the riff raff you spoke of. I always thought it was interesting that many "regular" people that attended brought their young kids to the fair.
If the arena is looking a little shabby, it's a good idea to land a Jehovas Witness event. They're the most anal of all sects, despite what you hear about Catholics.
(07-07-2011, 07:40 PM)illcommandante Wrote: If the arena is looking a little shabby, it's a good idea to land a Jehovas Witness event. They're the most anal of all sects, despite what you hear about Catholics.

Clean livers, eh? Maybe it should be the 7th Day Adventists...they don't even eat meat!

The wife looking through a hole in the fence at some performers.

[Image: OregonCountryfair2011004.jpg]

My breasts are as big as hers. How about that?

[Image: OregonCountryfair2011002.jpg]

(07-09-2011, 07:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote: The wife looking through a hole in the fence at some performers.

[Image: OregonCountryfair2011004.jpg]

My breasts are as big as hers. How about that?

[Image: OregonCountryfair2011002.jpg]

The guy on the left needs to start pumping some iron. He is getting "man titties".