RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - csrowan - 07-07-2014

Ah, yes, the inevitable escalation of insults. TV brings his OWN mud.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Tiamat - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 03:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So, what DOES it say?

[Image: unnamed_zps36cacef7.jpg]

Big Grin

(07-07-2014, 03:34 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 03:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote: BTW, if you look back to my original post regarding this matter...

I wasn't the one being antagonistic.

So friggin bite me. Rolling Eyes

Yeah well your explanation doesn't work because even after I carefully explained what I meant by value you just repeated your original post like I was too dense to understand.
It think it was purposely antagonistic just like Hugo surmised.
It's not about a value I can't see. It's about a cash value that simply is inaccurate based on what the cash value REALLY is.
NOTHING determines a cash value any better that a RECORD of what people are currently paying for an item.
Where in the hell do real estate people get cash values on homes?
How the hell do you think appraisers put a cash value on an item?

It's all based on comparing an item to what the same or similar item is selling for.

Well, in all fairness, Scrappers original post wasn't really antagonistic. But then you opened your mouth and replied to her.

Laughing
Laughing Yeah I said "see above"

It's all good. Never mind. People on CL or anywhere else who try and take advantage of others annoy me.

And then she repeated herself and then you insulted her.

Or.....it could have not been directed at Scrapper at all and just a general remark about caveat emptor, (which is how I read what I believe you are referring to.) but you two are ready for any inevitability.

Oh, please. This is TV we're talking about. The master of insults. I make a comment without an insult in it and he weaves together this gem: "Rowans appearance and comment was inevitable and more predictable than the sun coming up and shining through the window on his Johny Depp shrine"

(07-07-2014, 04:21 PM)csrowan Wrote: Oh, please. This is TV we're talking about. The master of insults. I make a comment without an insult in it and he weaves together this gem: "Rowans appearance and comment was inevitable and more predictable than the sun coming up and shining through the window on his Johny Depp shrine"

Playing you like a violin. Your comment may not have had insult in it but it was puffing up all the same.

"You can't fix stupid." That just HAD to be about Scrapper and not unaware buyers which, in fact was the topic.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 06:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 04:21 PM)csrowan Wrote: Oh, please. This is TV we're talking about. The master of insults. I make a comment without an insult in it and he weaves together this gem: "Rowans appearance and comment was inevitable and more predictable than the sun coming up and shining through the window on his Johny Depp shrine"

Playing you like a violin. Your comment may not have had insult in it but it was puffing up all the same.

"You can't fix stupid." That just HAD to be about Scrapper and not unaware buyers which, in fact was the topic.

Your attitude towards his behavior is but one of the reasons it continues.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-07-2014

(07-07-2014, 06:16 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Your attitude towards his behavior is but one of the reasons it continues.

My "behavior" isn't the problem and you aren't Tia's mom. Pretty sure Tia's mom is of at least average intelligence.

By the way PLAN on "IT" continuing whatever that is. Because you love it. It's obvious and I'm not the only one who knows it.
And BTW who the fuck are you to say anything about anyone's behavior? Joan of fucking Ark? Mother Teressa?

As long as I remember.YOU have been in every single bitchfest that this forum has ever had. And at the same time whining about moderationRolling Eyes Who the fuck do you think you are fooling?

Tell us all again how mark S ran and hid when his girl friend was horribly burned? Or how he ran out of the room and left her to burn.
And tell the story with glee like the day the mans home and belonging burned.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 07-07-2014

And... there you have it, folks.

I'm really beginning to wonder how many hoops you can jump through to excuse TV's behavior. It doesn't seem to matter how horribly he behaves or how many names he calls people—you continue to opine that we bring it upon ourselves by not walking on eggshells around him, instead of blaming him for being an outright asshole.

(07-07-2014, 10:05 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I'm really beginning to wonder how many hoops you can jump through to excuse TV's behavior. It doesn't seem to matter how horribly he behaves or how many names he calls people—you continue to opine that we bring it upon ourselves by not walking on eggshells around him, instead of blaming him for being an outright asshole.

Incorrect, Rowan. I don't excuse TV's behavior. I see it. I see what he does. And he sets it up and stops just short of the place you two want, and then when he doesn't finish, you all rush over to finish the job. I don't ask you to walk on eggshells...I ask you to WAKE UP and notice what the F**** is going on. You two are puppets and act like it and somehow, even forewarned you wade, again and again into TV even when he wasn't talking to you. General remarks are personally aimed barbs for you two; less than pristine worded counter points are taken as EVIDENCE for his Barbaric Chauvinism with Tia as his cheerleeder. You two are a bit out of touch. Well, no. A lot out of touch.

A few posts back, snapper, was accusing me for complicity in the sins of TVguy. Nary a tiny mention of your own actions and reactions to the scenarios that come about. I don't argue with TV because mostly I understand him I many times don't agree with him. Sometimes vehemently disagree with him, but i can still understand him. And I always let him know if he's wrong (my opinion), or Stupid (My opinion again) You two do not seem to have accomplished that skill yet.. Now is that saying to YOU that you must walk on eggshells around him I DO call TV out when he deserves it. The problem is, you two lure him and circle around him till you get a reaction and then you get it and then you cry foul. All I'm saying is trying using your intellect instead of your emotions. I'm no "defender" of TV. But if I see something, I'm going to say what I see.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 07-08-2014

(07-07-2014, 03:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote: BTW, if you look back to my original post regarding this matter...

(07-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Just because one person can't see the value in something doesn't mean the value is not there.

Yeah well your explanation doesn't work because even after I carefully explained what I meant by value you just repeated your original post like I was too dense to understand.
It's not about a value I can't see. It's about a cash value that simply is inaccurate based on what the cash value REALLY is.
NOTHING determines a cash value any better that a RECORD of what people are currently paying for an item.

It's all based on comparing an item to what the same or similar item is selling for.

Reminds me of the billy beer scam

Quote:At some point in 1981, classified ads began popping up in newspapers around the country offering $1,000 for any unopened sixers of Billy Beer. Anyone who was sitting on some unopened Billy Beer became ecstatic about turning horrid beer into big money. A week or two later, the same papers would run classified ads from someone who wanted to sell their Billy Beer for a mere $200 a sixer, a discount of 80-percent off of its “true” value!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26695/billy-beer-reason-billy-carter-quit-drinking

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 03:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:

(07-07-2014, 07:09 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Just because one person can't see the value in something doesn't mean the value is not there.

Reminds me of the billy beer scam

Quote:At some point in 1981, classified ads began popping up in newspapers around the country offering $1,000 for any unopened sixers of Billy Beer. Anyone who was sitting on some unopened Billy Beer became ecstatic about turning horrid beer into big money. A week or two later, the same papers would run classified ads from someone who wanted to sell their Billy Beer for a mere $200 a sixer, a discount of 80-percent off of its “true” value!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/26695/billy-beer-reason-billy-carter-quit-drinking

That's interesting Chuck. I never knew about that scam. And I have a case of Billy beerLaughing

Re: RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 07-08-2014

(07-07-2014, 10:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Incorrect, Rowan. I don't excuse TV's behavior. I see it. I see what he does. And he sets it up and stops just short of the place you two want, and then when he doesn't finish, you all rush over to finish the job. I don't ask you to walk on eggshells...I ask you to WAKE UP and notice what the F**** is going on. You two are puppets and act like it and somehow, even forewarned you wade, again and again into TV even when he wasn't talking to you. General remarks are personally aimed barbs for you two; less than pristine worded counter points are taken as EVIDENCE for his Barbaric Chauvinism with Tia as his cheerleeder. You two are a bit out of touch. Well, no. A lot out of touch.

A few posts back, snapper, was accusing me for complicity in the sins of TVguy. Nary a tiny mention of your own actions and reactions to the scenarios that come about. I don't argue with TV because mostly I understand him I many times don't agree with him. Sometimes vehemently disagree with him, but i can still understand him. And I always let him know if he's wrong (my opinion), or Stupid (My opinion again) You two do not seem to have accomplished that skill yet.. Now is that saying to YOU that you must walk on eggshells around him I DO call TV out when he deserves it. The problem is, you two lure him and circle around him till you get a reaction and then you get it and then you cry foul. All I'm saying is trying using your intellect instead of your emotions. I'm no "defender" of TV. But if I see something, I'm going to say what I see.
That's a load of BS, Tia.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 06:54 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-07-2014, 10:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

That's a load of BS, Tia.

Brilliant, eloquent, concise and detailed responseLaughing

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 07-08-2014

Anyone looking to release some flaming balls of fire in the Rogue Valley sky this summer? I'm pretty sure these things are illegal around these parts anyway.....

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/4548671934.html

Sky Lanterns - $3 ( Central Point)
[Image: 00a0a_lfam6Ss8wDI_600x450.jpg]

Sky Lanterns purchased from Event Lanterns.com, can be used for weddings, birthdays, 4th of July or any other celebration. We have 60 that are new $3.00 each 44 in * 24 in * 16 in
Material:
Hand Made
Attached Fuel Source
No Assembly required
Bamboo Rings (wire free)
Non Flammable Strings (wire free) to support the fuel cell.
Flame Retardent Paper
100% biodegradable

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 07-11-2014

Ummmm, No comment.....Well one comment, If you ask me, there's just some things not worth buying used Razz

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/4563075611.html

Eyebrows Genuine original "Love Swing" - $75 (Jackson/Josephine Co.) Eyebrows
Enhance your love-making with a swing. - you'll never go back to the old ways after you use it.
Haven't had use for this in the past 10 years so it's time for it to move on to other lovers. Beautiful heavy pastel tapestry swing with all hardware intact.
No damage, soil or signs of wear.
Check it out on www.loveswing.com to read the history of it, its application and to see what it looks like. Sells for several hundred dollars new.
Get in touch through Craig's list for additional inquiries.
Barbara

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-11-2014

(07-08-2014, 12:23 PM)GPnative Wrote: Anyone looking to release some flaming balls of fire in the Rogue Valley sky this summer? I'm pretty sure these things are illegal around these parts anyway.....

Sky Lanterns purchased from Event Lanterns.com, can be used for weddings, birthdays, 4th of July or any other celebration. We have 60 that are new $3.00 each 44 in * 24 in * 16 in
Material:
Hand Made
Attached Fuel Source
No Assembly required
Bamboo Rings (wire free)
Flame Retardent Paper
100% biodegradable

I'm surprised those are legal anywhere

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 07:07 AM)GPnative Wrote: Ummmm, No comment.....Well one comment, If you ask me, there's just some things not worth buying used Razz

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/4563075611.html

Eyebrows Genuine original "Love Swing" - $75 (Jackson/Josephine Co.) Eyebrows
Enhance your love-making with a swing. - you'll never go back to the old ways after you use it.
Haven't had use for this in the past 10 years so it's time for it to move on to other lovers. Beautiful heavy pastel tapestry swing with all hardware intact.
No damage, soil or signs of wear.
Check it out on www.loveswing.com to read the history of it, its application and to see what it looks like. Sells for several hundred dollars new.
Get in touch through Craig's list for additional inquiries.
Barbara

Once years ago when I was wiring a house I was asked to install a hook in the bedroom ceiling that would hold at least 300 pounds. I did, no questions asked.Smiling

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Tiamat - 07-11-2014

(07-11-2014, 09:43 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-08-2014, 12:23 PM)GPnative Wrote: Anyone looking to release some flaming balls of fire in the Rogue Valley sky this summer? I'm pretty sure these things are illegal around these parts anyway.....

Material:
Hand Made
Attached Fuel Source
No Assembly required
Bamboo Rings (wire free)
Flame Retardent Paper
100% biodegradable

I'm surprised those are legal anywhere

I know, Right?? I mean, they are gorgeous, but WTH!

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 07-14-2014

I wonder if you have to buy it dinner and a movie first?

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/4566580648.html

Men's Stimulation Machine - $600 (Medford)

[Image: 00L0L_9X7ikehen0X_600x450.jpg]

Venus 2000, high-tech, hands-free, male sexual stimulation machine with controllable stroking action. Go to www.sybian.com to fully understand product.

Have original invoice showing purchase in 2009 at a cost of $ 997. Excellent condition, have all parts, runs perfectly, everything is clean. Pictures are of the unit I am selling.
Due to my age, product is no longer needed. Contact me if you have any questions.

Asking $ 600. Cash only.