RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 10:36 AM)tvguy Wrote: You know what, It was bricks I bought. Been a LONG time. I think a brick was a pound? I got an insurance settlement in San Diego in 72 right after I got out of the army. I bought a beautiful Guitar, a 66 VW bug and two pounds of stinky Mexican weed and headed back east. Big Grin

A brick was a kilo. (2.2 lb)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - cletus1 - 10-19-2015

(10-17-2015, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-17-2015, 07:18 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This is not a funny story, but as a rare user of Craigslist, I thought I would share it.

I recently sold a kitchen range on Craigslist quickly and with no hassle. I was considering donating the shove, but did not want to have to hall it anywhere, so now I think anything that is too good to throw out will get listed there. 

I have a refrigerator that I was thinking of listing on CL, but I might just call the Energy Trust people and let them take it away for the $40 they give you for dumping the old inefficient ones. 

I love Craigslist.   Big Grin

If it's an old fridge yeah give it to Oregon energy trust.. or sell it to them I mean Big Grin
I did schedule a pickup by the Energy Trust people. The website stated that they pay $20 or $40 depending on whatever. They have an option to donate the money to the Oregon Food Bank, so I did. I need some good karma to come my way.  Wink

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 11:08 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-19-2015, 08:58 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 11:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 03:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The last time anyone I knew bought a pound of weed they paid $35 for it.   Laughing  
$400?  No wonder I don't smoke that crap!  Blink

I'm pretty sure you are thinking about someone selling one ounce for 35 bucks. There's no way anyone sold a pond for 35 bucks. The $400 this guy wants is practically unheard of.

The MJ stores are selling grams for 10 bucks. At 400 for a pound that's close to one dollar a gram.

I guess you've never been married to an Army soldier in 1975 that bought Mexican weed and sold it to his Army buddies for a WHOLE LOT more.  Just sayin'....

I was an army soldier and I did buy kilos of Mexican weed right around that time. I paid $140 each.
I think you simply don't remember correctly.Just sayin....

Did you actually go into Mexico and bring it across the border?  Or did you pay for it after it was already in the States?

I can't answer that without knowing the federal statute of limitation on international drug smuggling Laughing Laughing Laughing .

No I bought it in San Diego. But if you are going to say your old boyfriend smuggled 35 bucks worth of weed out of Mexico he must have been one stupid son of a bitch. Smiling

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 10-19-2015

(10-19-2015, 02:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm pretty sure you are thinking about someone selling one ounce for 35 bucks. There's no way anyone sold a pond for 35 bucks. The $400 this guy wants is practically unheard of.

The MJ stores are selling grams for 10 bucks. At 400 for a pound that's close to one dollar a gram.

I guess you've never been married to an Army soldier in 1975 that bought Mexican weed and sold it to his Army buddies for a WHOLE LOT more.  Just sayin'....

I was an army soldier and I did buy kilos of Mexican weed right around that time. I paid $140 each.

Did you actually go into Mexico and bring it across the border?  Or did you pay for it after it was already in the States?

I can't answer that without knowing the federal statute of limitation on international drug smuggling Laughing Laughing Laughing .

No I bought it in San Diego. But if you are going to say your old boyfriend smuggled 35 bucks worth of weed out of Mexico he must have been one stupid son of a bitch. Smiling

He did.  Several times.  And yes... he was a stupid son of a bitch.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 10-19-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 03:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The last time anyone I knew bought a pound of weed they paid $35 for it.   Laughing  
$400?  No wonder I don't smoke that crap!  Blink

I'm pretty sure you are thinking about someone selling one ounce for 35 bucks. There's no way anyone sold a pond for 35 bucks. The $400 this guy wants is practically unheard of.

Are you kidding? NO WAY Mexico would EVER allow TVg into their country. He'd steal a truck load of old tires and bring 'em back to sell on Craig's list. 

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-20-2015

(10-19-2015, 07:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-18-2015, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm pretty sure you are thinking about someone selling one ounce for 35 bucks. There's no way anyone sold a pond for 35 bucks. The $400 this guy wants is practically unheard of.

Are you kidding? NO WAY Mexico would EVER allow TVg into their country. He'd steal a truck load of old tires and bring 'em back to sell on Craig's list. 

Actually I've been to Mexico several times, Went way down the Baja once and some old Mexican almost shot me.

Funny you would mention tires and Mexico. I sell tires to a Mexican on a fairly regular basis and he takes them to Mexico to sell them.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-26-2015

?????? What's this guy talking about?

Water tax sale. - $2500 (Grants Pass)

condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Home

G.P.Irrigation stilling my home for water I don't get.$2.500,00 I have to pay them.or they take my home fully played for .sale it.I get nothing.value 199,999,00 no love.so everything's for sale.home ,cars trucks tools.bike. dog.everything.
show contact info
anytime.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-26-2015

?????? What's this guy talking about?

G.P.Irrigation stilling my home for water I don't get.$2.500,00 I have to pay them.or they take my home fully played for .sale it.I get nothing.value 199,999,00 no love.so everything's for sale.home ,cars trucks tools.bike. dog.everything.
show contact info
anytime.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - cletus1 - 10-26-2015

(10-26-2015, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: ?????? What's this guy talking about?

show contact info
anytime.

The Meth is talking. But his home is fully played for. 

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 10-26-2015

You should make him an offer. It's a 1/2 acre right behind a golf course. 

541-761-8237 

H. W. 

117 Mardan Drive OR,   97527

http://www.realtytrac.com/property/or/grants-pass/97527/117-mardan-dr/32922170

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 10-27-2015

(10-26-2015, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: ?????? What's this guy talking about?

show contact info
anytime.

Sounds like he is getting a lean sale placed on him for not paying his 'Taxes' to the irrigation district.
He should fork up the $2500 AND KEEP THAT FROM HAPPENING.

Then he should run for office in the irrigation district under the promise to vote the irrigation district out of existence. If enough people in the district feel the same way, he'll get elected. Of course he needs to get others to run and take over the board. They could end the whole affair for others who pay and don't get water.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 11-03-2015

crap pots? Is he selling toilets? Wink Big Grin

http://medford.craigslist.org/spo/5297902959.html

CRAP POTS - $100 (gp)

I have 3 crap pot and 6 crab ring all for 100.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 09:44 AM)GPnative Wrote: crap pots? Is he selling toilets? Wink Big Grin

CRAP POTS - $100 (gp)

Let those who have never made a typo throw the first stone. 

I plead guilty to all too often posting stuff here and not taking time to edit my typing, sometimes with hilarious and embarrassing results. 

For all we know the seller does not use a computer and ask his seven year old daughter to post for him. 

PS: In Korea Crap Pots might be a market item. (Well then...maybe not now) 

Whatever: Only a casual observation. 

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 11-03-2015

I don't think South Korea is what you think it is. I would substitute JoCo in your equation.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 11-03-2015

(11-03-2015, 10:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I don't think South Korea is what you think it is. I would substitute JoCo in your equation.

Well, I've been to JoCo and I've been to Korean. As I indicted, it was THEN. (1956). Things change. So maybe I don't know what South Korea IS but you can damn well bet I knew what it WAS. 

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 11-04-2015

Right up TV's alley. He can get rewarded for doing a good deed.
http://medford.craigslist.org/wan/5295477537.html
I need an electrician's help in a bad way - $1 (Sam's Valley)
image 1
image 1image 2
safety tips
prohibited items
product recalls
avoiding scams
I need an electrician desperately....

I have an old Zinco box that is pretty much fried, but somehow still working. It is mounted on a pole separate from the house. The power company said it could be replaced without any permits, since it was in need of repair. The picture is of the existing box and post that needs to be replaced.

What I need: new outdooor post mount 120amp box w/meter port. I also wiil need a double 60 and double 20 amp breakers in the box. May need pipe going into ground. I have a pressure treated 4x4 post to mount the new system on.

What I have to trade: 1 # OMMP

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 11-04-2015

(11-03-2015, 09:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 09:44 AM)GPnative Wrote: crap pots? Is he selling toilets? Wink Big Grin

CRAP POTS - $100 (gp)

I plead guilty to all too often posting stuff here and not taking time to edit my typing, sometimes with hilarious and embarrassing results. 

For all we know the seller does not use a computer and ask his seven year old daughter to post for him. 

Who gives a shit if it's an innocent mistake or if the person is a moron? Why do I care if I have made similar mistakes or if you have Wonky? It's not like the people who make these CL ads are reading this and sobbing as they climb some bridge to jump to their deaths.
Is posting these funny CL ads really throwing stones? Not from where I sit.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 11-04-2015

(11-04-2015, 02:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Right up TV's alley. He can get rewarded for doing a good deed.
http://medford.craigslist.org/wan/5295477537.html
    I need an electrician's help in a bad way - $1 (Sam's Valley)
image 1
image 1image 2
safety tips
prohibited items
product recalls
avoiding scams
I need an electrician desperately....

I have an old Zinco box that is pretty much fried, but somehow still working. It is mounted on a pole separate from the house. The power company said it could be replaced without any permits, since it was in need of repair. The picture is of the existing box and post that needs to be replaced.

What I need: new outdooor post mount 120amp box w/meter port. I also wiil need a double 60 and double 20 amp breakers in the box. May need pipe going into ground. I have a pressure treated 4x4 post to mount the new system on.

What I have to trade: 1 # OMMP

Guaranteed the power company NEVER said that work could be done without a permit. I don't know where this numbnuts got that bogus info. If he does get someone to do the work without a permit he'll find out the truth when the power company refuses to re connect the power. OR if the meter reader sees a bunch of new equipment and no green tag.

Anyway I don't do electrical work for money anymore and the last thing I need is more weed Big Grin .

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 11-05-2015

(11-04-2015, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

CRAP POTS - $100 (gp)

Who gives a shit if it's an innocent mistake or if the person is a moron? Why do I care if I have made similar mistakes or if you have Wonky? It's not like the people who make these CL ads are reading this and sobbing as they climb some bridge to jump to their deaths.

Exactly, this is a "funny craigslist ad" topic, making a typo and selling a "crap pot" is funny. If people can't find humor in ad typo's, why read any of the posts in this thread?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 08:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

CRAP POTS - $100 (gp)

Exactly, this is a "funny craigslist ad" topic, making a typo and selling a "crap pot" is funny. If people can't find humor in ad typo's, why read any of the posts in this thread?

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Thumbs Up