RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Somehow I get the idea this guy is just a little upset.

Grow lights - $85 (Medford)  hide this posting

• [url=http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams][/url]
400w ballasts and hoods...I have 2 of them
One is switchable from HPS to MH..85$ obo
The other one is a 400w HPS ballast and hood ..75$ obo
All work great..each has a bulb that was used for one indoor grow for 3 months
I also have some new unused bulbs for 15$ each

All you BITCHES and CUNTS that keep flagging my ads are just that...CUNTS AND BITCHES....it is not illegal to sell grow lights..or anything else related to the growing of marijuana....if you flag my ads your a FUCKING COMMUNIST FAGGOT PEICE OF SHIT... we all know what happens to people like you...THIS IS STILL A FREE COUNTRY...WE AINT IN CHINA OR RUSSIA YOU FUCKING PUKE

Well now I would flag his ad just because that's how I roll Razz

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 06-03-2016

Most of the the lesbians I know adore pot. I think his anger is misdirected.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-03-2016

(06-03-2016, 12:28 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 11:32 AM)tvguy Wrote: Somehow I get the idea this guy is just a little upset.

Grow lights - $85 (Medford)  hide this posting

• [url=http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams][/url]
400w ballasts and hoods...I have 2 of them
One is switchable from HPS to MH..85$ obo
The other one is a 400w HPS ballast and hood ..75$ obo
All work great..each has a bulb that was used for one indoor grow for 3 months
I also have some new unused bulbs for 15$ each

All you BITCHES and CUNTS that keep flagging my ads are just that...CUNTS AND BITCHES....it is not illegal to sell grow lights..or anything else related to the growing of marijuana....if you flag my ads your a FUCKING COMMUNIST FAGGOT PEICE OF SHIT... we all know what happens to people like you...THIS IS STILL A FREE COUNTRY...WE AINT IN CHINA OR RUSSIA YOU FUCKING PUKE

Well now I would flag his ad just because that's how I roll Razz
I did LOL. I have actually had a lot of back and forth emails with people about flagging.

The ones who complain and ask why they were flagged.There is almost always a valid reason there post was taken down but when you tell them they want to argue.
With this guy there is no legitimate reason.Unless maybe he is posting too often or in too many categories But there doesn't have to be. As long as there are a few people who hate pot smokers some posts will get flagged.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 06-15-2016

https://medford.craigslist.org/tag/5634371505.html

$1000 dollars for some plastic toys. I have at least half of those floating around my house and shed.

It's super annoying that the cost of toys are artificially inflated by collectors. No finding deals here.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 05:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: https://medford.craigslist.org/tag/5634371505.html

$1000 dollars for some plastic toys. I have at least half of those floating around my house and shed.

It's super annoying that the cost of toys are artificially inflated by collectors. No finding deals here.

It amazes me that crap mass produced toys from China are collectible in the first place.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Scrapper - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 05:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: https://medford.craigslist.org/tag/5634371505.html

If that's all they have, they should look at eBay... there's tons for a LOT less money.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 06-15-2016

(06-15-2016, 06:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

If that's all they have, they should look at eBay... there's tons for a LOT less money.

Maybe they are packed with cocaine.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-16-2016

(06-15-2016, 06:20 PM)GPnative Wrote:

It amazes me that crap mass produced toys from China are collectible in the first place.

There are no limits to what is collectible. Where it's made or it's original value doesn't mean anything in some cases.

(06-15-2016, 06:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Holy crapola maybe the $1000.00 price is not crazy> Look at this....http://www.ebay.com/itm/LPS-Littlest-Pet-Shop-HASBRO-339-Raceabout-Ranch-Yellow-Cat-w-Aqua-Eyes-2006-/322070384044?hash=item4afce40dac:g:024AAOSwyjBW73sZ

Hows it "artificial"? The price of a used item depends on what people are willing to pay.

You can say the price is inflated but the inflated price is real not artificial. Now is when you tell me I'm being too literal LOL.
Anyway if you have at least half of those floating around your house and shed you should round them all up and see how "annoyed" you are if you find out they are worth some serious cashola. Big Grin

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 06-17-2016

(06-16-2016, 01:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hows it "artificial"? The price of a used item depends on what people are willing to pay.

You can say the price is inflated but the inflated price is real not artificial. Now is when you tell me I'm being too literal LOL.
Anyway if you have at least half of those floating around your house and shed you should round them all up and see how "annoyed" you are if you find out they are worth some serious cashola. Big Grin
You are correct, TV if  you want to be technical.  I don't think they will sell these at this price unless they have some extraordinary version of one.  And yeah, I have them.  I doubt I could get much for them.  I was reading somewhere that the Original American Girl Dolls, (the original series) are now worth a lot of money with their accessories.  Hmmmm....my girls  had those. And I still have them in a box.  Mind you they were played with. And don't have their original boxes and it's possible the moths or mice have had a go at the box and gotten in, but I have to wonder.  But the animal toys? That's artificial ....or inflated.  I don't believe those toys carry those value (granted I haven't looked them up) but I'm nearly certain that they don't have that kind of worth. So, that, to me at least is "artificial"  Because they are driving the cost up with their fantasy idea of their value.  I had a bunch of original pokemon and digimon for a while. Couldn't seem to sell them, and they were discontinued and collectible. Gave them to the neighbors!  Of course, now I regret it, but every now and then I do a big purge.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 07:47 AM)Juniper Wrote:

You are correct, TV if  you want to be technical.  I don't think they will sell these at this price unless they have some extraordinary version of one.  And yeah, I have them.  I doubt I could get much for them.  I was reading somewhere that the Original American Girl Dolls, (the original series) are now worth a lot of money with their accessories.  Hmmmm....my girls  had those. And I still have them in a box.  Mind you they were played with. And don't have their original boxes and it's possible the moths or mice have had a go at the box and gotten in, but I have to wonder.  But the animal toys? That's artificial ....or inflated.  I don't believe those toys carry those value (granted I haven't looked them up) but I'm nearly certain that they don't have that kind of worth. So, that, to me at least is "artificial"  Because they are driving the cost up with their fantasy idea of their value.  I had a bunch of original pokemon and digimon for a while. Couldn't seem to sell them, and they were discontinued and collectible. Gave them to the neighbors!  Of course, now I regret it, but every now and then I do a big purge.

"Because they are driving the cost up with their fantasy idea of their value."

It's no fantasy. It's real. Smiling

I don't believe those toys carry those value (granted I haven't looked them up

Why not? Do you have an ebay selling account? Have you ever sold on ebay?

I saw a Hummel  figurine on Craigslist advertised for 25 bucks. I looked it up on ebay in SOLD items and low and behold that particular one was selling for $200 to $250.
So I met the lady at Mervin's in the lobby and bought it. As soon as I got home I took some pics, put it on ebay for a 250 "buy it now" with a "best offer" option.
I sold it in less than 24 hours and 225 bucks went in to my Paypal account.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 06-17-2016

(06-17-2016, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 07:47 AM)Juniper Wrote:

"Because they are driving the cost up with their fantasy idea of their value."

It's no fantasy. It's real. Smiling

I don't believe those toys carry those value (granted I haven't looked them up

Why not? Do you have an ebay selling account? Have you ever sold on ebay?

I saw a Hummel  figurine on Craigslist advertised for 25 bucks. I looked it up on ebay in SOLD items and low and behold that particular one was selling for $200 to $250.
So I met the lady at Mervin's in the lobby and bought it. As soon as I got home I took some pics, put it on ebay for a 250 "buy it now" with a "best offer" option.
I sold it in less than 24 hours and 225 bucks went in to my Paypal account.

I haven't done the research on these toys, but I'm pretty sure.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 06-17-2016

Quote:Beware - women's panties

Women's panties SW pdx you won't get your panties, won't return your email after payment. This is a group of 4 dissatisfied guys. Beware.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/clo/5636267016.html

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 06-20-2016

www.varagesale.com/

I just heard of this in an article I was reading.....but I can't "join the community" because it requires sign up via facebook. So no go for me. Just curious if the Rogue Valley had much activity. Be surprised if it comes any where near competing with craigslist.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 06-20-2016

There are a ton of buy/sell groups on FB.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 02:08 PM)GPnative Wrote: www.varagesale.com/

I just heard of this in an article I was reading.....but I can't "join the community" because it requires sign up via facebook. So no go for me. Just curious if the Rogue Valley had much activity. Be surprised if it comes any where near competing with craigslist.

Have you tried Offer-Up?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 02:42 PM)bbqboy Wrote: There are a ton of buy/sell groups on FB.

Yeah but they mostly suck. The same items are in different sites. People don't delete their posts when something is sold. You PM and they never respond.The stuff seems mostly girlie household or kid crap.

And fairly often what I find on those is on Craigslist anyway. With CL I can limit what categories I look at. I don't want to see videos, or clothes, bicycles, health and beauty, trailers, furniture . cell phones.....

I don't know how it's possible but the sellers seem to be dumberer than those on CL Razz

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah but they mostly suck. The same items are in different sites. People don't delete their posts when something is sold. You PM and they never respond.The stuff seems mostly girlie household or kid crap.

And fairly often what I find on those is on Craigslist anyway. With CL I can limit what categories I look at. I don't want to see videos, or clothes, bicycles, health and beauty, trailers, furniture . cell phones.....

I don't know how it's possible but the sellers seem to be dumberer than those on CL Razz

I sold my soul on Craigs List.
Clete bought it. 
I got a good price but later found out Clete doubled his money when he sold it to the devil. 
Pissed me off so much I tried to become a Christian. Found out I had to have a soul. So, joined the GOP.  Razz

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Hugo - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 04:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 04:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I sold my soul on Craigs List.
Clete bought it. 
I got a good price but later found out Clete doubled his money when he sold it to the devil. 
Pissed me off so much I tried to become a Christian. Found out I had to have a soul. So, joined the GOP DNC.  Razz