RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-14-2016

Someone is NUTS....[/url][url=http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5682110051.html]

LOADED WORKBENCH - $600 (Jacksonville)

[Image: 00w0w_K5uGznzJPa_600x450.jpg]

This workbench is absolutely sturdy and very handy all by itself - with a full-width peg board, two lower shelves, electrical strip, and a walled overhead shelf to keep stuff in place - but the bonus is...

IT'S LOADED with gadgets and doohickeys galore! I inherited the whole lot of it, already filled, years ago, and haven't used much of it since then. It needs to go to someone who'll put it to better use! Some of the tools are antiques, and there are parts here that are mysteries to me, but this is a treasure-laden dream for a handyman or handywoman. (I'm a pretty handy gal, myself, but I seem to be able to get by with just what I keep in my junk drawer - haha!)

The surface of the bench is cluttered and dirty, and the laminate on top is peeling up in the back. Could be cleaned up or just replaced. VERY sturdy. Has electrical strip. Comes with all that's in the photo. Boxes of fluids and oils. Boxes and totes and drawers upon drawers loaded with pieces and parts of every sort.

The best items are the vintage tools, but there's also a corded disc sander in there, and a tote with some ski wax supplies, among other oddities. Take it all and have fun exploring through the treasures.

You'll need a buddy or two to help you lift it into a roomy truck, and you'll need to bring some tie-downs (though I saw a couple on one of the shelves of the bench, I think). I don't hold items on Craigslist, so please call only when you're ready to come right over with cash. Thanks!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 07-14-2016

Nothing is worse than someone who inherited something
They want you to pay for their memories.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 07-14-2016

(07-13-2016, 03:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 04:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 01:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 11:11 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 10:47 AM)tvguy Wrote: Unbelievable. What is worse is when some old fool has dozens of items with absurdly high prices and they will post the same crap over and over and over for YEARS.
Craigslist finally came out with a feature so you can hide ads I don't want to see over and over.
But the problem is when they renew their ad or it gets flagged and they repost I see it again. And again and again

These people have been trying to sell this obsolete piece of crap since the beginning of time

Yes, I was pretty happy when they came out with the hide feature, but quickly realized it is not all that helpful since the same people just keep spam posting their crap ads. It would be nice if CL would come out with a way to IGNORE users, not just individual ads.

Oh Yeah. What a great Idea. Or at the very least do something about people who totally abuse the system. Of course it is a free site and I shouldn't expect much.
What would REALLY be nice would be if enough people would flag posts when it's OBVIOUS the poster is a JERK and ignoring the rules that most obey.
TVG, you are such a NANNY!  Razz 
Always want to make changes to have it YOUR way  Laughing 

(Hey, busting your butt is one of the few pleasures left to me.  Smiling )

Just because you can't play go Pokemon on your landline Razz
What  is Pokemon?  Wink

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 12:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 01:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 11:11 AM)GPnative Wrote: Yes, I was pretty happy when they came out with the hide feature, but quickly realized it is not all that helpful since the same people just keep spam posting their crap ads. It would be nice if CL would come out with a way to IGNORE users, not just individual ads.

Oh Yeah. What a great Idea. Or at the very least do something about people who totally abuse the system. Of course it is a free site and I shouldn't expect much.
What would REALLY be nice would be if enough people would flag posts when it's OBVIOUS the poster is a JERK and ignoring the rules that most obey.

What  is Pokemon?  Wink

This guy was always talking about pokes, but that's probably a different app.

[Image: DuvallCall.jpg]

(07-14-2016, 12:34 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 01:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Oh Yeah. What a great Idea. Or at the very least do something about people who totally abuse the system. Of course it is a free site and I shouldn't expect much.

What  is Pokemon?  Wink

Talking with a friend the other day that came up. I wondered of the term "poke" was REALLY a term used by people in the old west for having sex.
Maybe but I doubt it. Very little of what was portrayed in the old westerns many of us watched growing up was factual.
One thing especially. That all cowboys had revolvers that shot six rounds. That wasn't even available until 1871 and they were expensive. So it was probably much later before these guns were common.
Another is the language. There are still a lot of letters from men in the civil war and very often they wrote using better grammar and writing skills than people do today.
But on TV shows they often came off like ignorant morons. Razz

(07-14-2016, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-12-2016, 04:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: TVG, you are such a NANNY!  Razz 

What  is Pokemon?  Wink

Talking with a friend the other day that came up. I wondered of the term "poke" was REALLY a term used by people in the old west for having sex.
Maybe but I doubt it. Very little of what was portrayed in the old westerns many of us watched growing up was factual.
One thing especially. That all cowboys had revolvers that shot six rounds. That wasn't even available until 1871 and they were expensive. So it was probably much later before these guns were common.
Another is the language. There are still a lot of letters from men in the civil war and very often they wrote using better grammar and writing skills than people do today.

The comments about the Civl War letters are both true and false. The semiliterate didn't write much better than I. 
And many were illerate and had others write home for them. (Turned out to be lucrative practice for some)  .
But one thing for sure, those who could and did write did it very well. Strange how the langauge has changed over the years, and the written language of the mid 1800's was more formal. Interesting stuff. 

Didn't know that about the "six shooter". Too lazy to look it up...what were they using prior to the six shooter? 

The "poke" thing I first heard in "Lonesome Dove". Still one of my all time favorite TV series! Gus was a piece of work!

(07-14-2016, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-13-2016, 03:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just because you can't play go Pokemon on your landline Razz
What  is Pokemon?  Wink

The comments about the Civl War letters are both true and false. The semiliterate didn't write much better than I. 
And many were illerate and had others write home for them. (Turned out to be lucrative practice for some)  .
But one thing for sure, those who could and did write did it very well. Strange how the langauge has changed over the years, and the written language of the mid 1800's was more formal. Interesting stuff. 

Didn't know that about the "six shooter". Too lazy to look it up...what were they using prior to the six shooter? 

The "poke" thing I first heard in "Lonesome Dove". Still one of my all time favorite TV series! Gus was a piece of work!
Gus may have been the best role Duvall ever played. I think I remember him saying it was his favorite.

It's mostly they way they spoke I was talking about and not they're level of education. I just don't think too many spoke like an absolute idiot like good ole Festus did.

Prior to the six shooter they had something similar to cap and ball.. kind of a pre made paper load that they had to put in each cylinder.And I guess they were very hard to travel with or handle especially with bad weather.

(07-14-2016, 04:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-14-2016, 12:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: What  is Pokemon?  Wink

Gus may have been the best role Duvall ever played. I think I remember him saying it was his favorite.

It's mostly they way they spoke I was talking about and not they're level of education. I just don't think too many spoke like an absolute idiot like good ole Festus did.

Prior to the six shooter they had something similar to cap and ball.. kind of a pre made paper load that they had to put in each cylinder.And I guess they were very hard to travel with or handle especially with bad weather.
Wow! (Don't know much about guns). The "six shooter" revolver and the repeating rifle must have changed EVERYTHING!

(Yeah...Robert Duvall was born to play Gus. But the man has done other remarkable things! One of the greats)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 08-03-2016

I find this one a little creepy; posted in the education section of the classified jobs section:

mother extrodinaire

takes care of the kids, runs errands, breastfeeds, grocery shops, teaches the children and is very much appreciated. also a great wife

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 05:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I find this one a little creepy; posted in the education section of the classified jobs section:

mother extraordinaire

takes care of the kids, runs errands, breastfeeds, grocery shops, teaches the children and is very much appreciated. also a great wife

Maybe in other countries nannys breast feed other peoples kids. Or maybe hippies? But yeah totally weird from the 
 "extraordinaire" to the "great wife" part.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 08-03-2016

(08-03-2016, 05:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 05:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I find this one a little creepy; posted in the education section of the classified jobs section:

mother extraordinaire

Maybe in other countries nannys breast feed other peoples kids. Or maybe hippies? But yeah totally weird from the 

Hire a wife, why didn't I think of that?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Cuzz - 08-04-2016

(08-03-2016, 11:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:

mother extraordinaire

Is that legal?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 05:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-03-2016, 11:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:

mother extraordinaire

Is that legal?
You used to be able to buy one.

Too much government regulations is ruining our country.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 08-17-2016

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5736110158.html

toilet paper - $5 (Medford , or)

[Image: 00m0m_lqiSLr6AX8z_600x450.jpg]

barely used

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 07:42 AM)GPnative Wrote: http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5736110158.html

barely used

Big Grin Here's a tip GP. If you are perusing CL and I assume you were when you found that add. You can make your settings so you don't see any posts where the price is below a certain number.
I have mine set at 20 bucks.
I'm not interested in anything that people are asking so little for.

But having said that. I once found an overhead camper in the free section. I sold it for $1200 Big Grin

(08-17-2016, 11:21 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 07:42 AM)GPnative Wrote: http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5736110158.html

barely used

Big Grin Here's a tip GP. If you are perusing CL and I assume you were when you found that add. You can make your settings so you don't see any posts where the price is below a certain number.

But having said that. I once found an overhead camper in the free section. I sold it for $1200 Big Grin

Yes, I do that also, but sometimes I just peruse everything for the helluva it.

This one I want to believe is a joke, but then knowing some of the total whacko's out there he probably really is trying to sell TP.

(08-17-2016, 11:35 AM)GPnative Wrote:

barely used

This one I want to believe is a joke, but then knowing some of the total whacko's out there he probably really is trying to sell TP.

It's probably some  little old lady on a fixed income. Quite a lot of people are very happy to get any extra income at all.It's kind of sad.
The barely used part?  A joke I guess.. I hope LOL

(08-17-2016, 12:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

barely used

It's probably some  little old lady on a fixed income. Quite a lot of people are very happy to get any extra income at all.It's kind of sad.

If that's the the case, that is sad. 

$20 to $30 is about my minimum on selling items. Any less than that and I'd rather not even bother with the hassle. Anything I don't want to bother selling I just put at the end of our drive way with a free sign. I have never had anything not taken in a matter of minutes. 

I learned my lesson on giving away free items on CL. I tried to give away a vacuum one time, I could of sold it for $, it was a fully functioning vacuum but figured it might help out a family in need who didn't have one. Let me tell you, In all my years of selling on CL, I have never had more flakes and no shows then when I tried to give away a free vacuum.  That's when I decided to hell with that, from now on free stuff goes at the end of my drive way.

(08-17-2016, 12:16 PM)GPnative Wrote:

barely used

$20 to $30 is about my minimum on selling items. Any less than that and I'd rather not even bother with the hassle. Anything I don't want to bother selling I just put at the end of our drive way with a free sign. I have never had anything not taken in a matter of minutes. 

I learned my lesson on giving away free items on CL. I tried to give away a vacuum one time, I could of sold it for $, it was a fully functioning vacuum but figured it might help out a family in need who didn't have one. Let me tell you, In all my years of selling on CL, I have never had more flakes and no shows then when I tried  to give away a free vacuum.  That's when I decided to hell with that, from now on free stuff goes at the end of my drive way.

I see your point. But on the other hand.... There's always a "but"

I don't ever look at the free section. I used too every day. That when I was making money with scrap metals. I eventually learned to make more money selling a specific item and I still do today.

But what used to bother me about CL were the people ( like you I guess) who would have an item and they would put it on the curb and say first come first serve.
IMO if your are really trying to help someone out and not just trying to avoid going to the dump. Then that's no way to help anyone.
The last thing I would want if I was poor and needed something. Would be to drive all the way to someones home just to see someone else loading up the item.

Having said that I do understand your position. But for me, If someone calls and says they are coming and then they don't.. It's no big deal to me. I just relist it and do it again. I think I'm just used to it and IMO it simply goes with the territory.

(08-17-2016, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:16 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:21 AM)tvguy Wrote: Big Grin Here's a tip GP. If you are perusing CL and I assume you were when you found that add. You can make your settings so you don't see any posts where the price is below a certain number.

I learned my lesson on giving away free items on CL. I tried to give away a vacuum one time, I could of sold it for $, it was a fully functioning vacuum but figured it might help out a family in need who didn't have one. Let me tell you, In all my years of selling on CL, I have never had more flakes and no shows then when I tried  to give away a free vacuum.  That's when I decided to hell with that, from now on free stuff goes at the end of my drive way.

I see your point. But on the other hand.... There's always a "but"

I don't ever look at the free section. I used too every day. That when I was making money with scrap metals. I eventually learned to make more money selling a specific item and I still do today.

But what used to bother me about CL were the people ( like you I guess) who would have an item and they would put it on the curb and say first come first serve.
IMO if your are really trying to help someone out and not just trying to avoid going to the dump. Then that's no way to help anyone.
The last thing I would want if I was poor and needed something. Would be to drive all the way to someones home just to see someone else loading up the item.

Having said that I do understand your position. But for me, If someone calls and says they are coming and then they don't.. It's no big deal to me. I just relist it and do it again. I think I'm just used to it and IMO it simply goes with the territory.

No no no, you got me all wrong. I am NOT one of those "free shit at the curb" posters. That bugs me to.  My Free vacuum incident, I was arranging pick up times/dates via email and phone and getting no showed. That turned me off on posting free ads at all, so I don't do it anymore.

When I put stuff at the curb, that is independent of CL, I just put it at the curb with a sign and whoever drives by and wants it, takes it. Someone even took my sign that said "FREE" one time! Big Grin

Edit to add: I never put out junk/trash, if it has use or value to someone I put it out. Stuff that needs to go to the dump, goes to the dump. I am not one of those people that wants a dump load of free shit sitting at the end of my driveway. I drive by such a location every day, nothing but a junk pile that has been sitting there for months. What an eyesore.