RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 01:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:16 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:35 AM)GPnative Wrote: Yes, I do that also, but sometimes I just peruse everything for the helluva it.

This one I want to believe is a joke, but then knowing some of the total whacko's out there he probably really is trying to sell TP.

It's probably some  little old lady on a fixed income. Quite a lot of people are very happy to get any extra income at all.It's kind of sad.
The barely used part?  A joke I guess.. I hope LOL

If that's the the case, that is sad. 

$20 to $30 is about my minimum on selling items. Any less than that and I'd rather not even bother with the hassle. Anything I don't want to bother selling I just put at the end of our drive way with a free sign. I have never had anything not taken in a matter of minutes. 

I learned my lesson on giving away free items on CL. I tried to give away a vacuum one time, I could of sold it for $, it was a fully functioning vacuum but figured it might help out a family in need who didn't have one. Let me tell you, In all my years of selling on CL, I have never had more flakes and no shows then when I tried  to give away a free vacuum.  That's when I decided to hell with that, from now on free stuff goes at the end of my drive way.

I see your point. But on the other hand.... There's always a "but"

I don't ever look at the free section. I used too every day. That when I was making money with scrap metals. I eventually learned to make more money selling a specific item and I still do today.

But what used to bother me about CL were the people ( like you I guess) who would have an item and they would put it on the curb and say first come first serve.
IMO if your are really trying to help someone out and not just trying to avoid going to the dump. Then that's no way to help anyone.
The last thing I would want if I was poor and needed something. Would be to drive all the way to someones home just to see someone else loading up the item.

Having said that I do understand your position. But for me, If someone calls and says they are coming and then they don't.. It's no big deal to me. I just relist it and do it again. I think I'm just used to it and IMO it simply goes with the territory.

No no no, you got me all wrong. I am NOT one of those "free shit at the curb" posters. That bugs me to.  My Free vacuum incident, I was arranging pick up times/dates via email and phone and getting no showed. That turned me off on posting free ads at all, so I don't do it anymore.

When I put stuff at the curb, that is independent of CL, I just put it at the curb with a sign and whoever drives by and wants it, takes it. Someone even took my sign that said "FREE" one time! Big Grin

Edit to add: I never put out junk/trash, if it has use or value to someone I put it out. Stuff that needs to go to the dump, goes to the dump. I am not one of those people that wants a dump load of free shit sitting at the end of my driveway. I drive by such a location every day, nothing but a junk pile that has been sitting there for months. What an eyesore.

Got ya. Yeah I can't believe the carp people put out that no one could ever want. You can only take that one man's junk is anothers treasure thing so far LOL.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:53 PM)GPnative Wrote: No no no, you got me all wrong. I am NOT one of those "free shit at the curb" posters. That bugs me to.  My Free vacuum incident, I was arranging pick up times/dates via email and phone and getting no showed. That turned me off on posting free ads at all, so I don't do it anymore.

When I put stuff at the curb, that is independent of CL, I just put it at the curb with a sign and whoever drives by and wants it, takes it. Someone even took my sign that said "FREE" one time! Big Grin

Edit to add: I never put out junk/trash, if it has use or value to someone I put it out. Stuff that needs to go to the dump, goes to the dump. I am not one of those people that wants a dump load of free shit sitting at the end of my driveway. I drive by such a location every day, nothing but a junk pile that has been sitting there for months. What an eyesore.

Got ya. Yeah I can't believe the carp people put out that no one could ever want. You can only take that one man's junk is anothers treasure thing so far LOL.

Yea, I'd never take a free carp, but some free tuna on the other hand.... Razz

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 02:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 01:53 PM)GPnative Wrote: No no no, you got me all wrong. I am NOT one of those "free shit at the curb" posters. That bugs me to.  My Free vacuum incident, I was arranging pick up times/dates via email and phone and getting no showed. That turned me off on posting free ads at all, so I don't do it anymore.

Yea, I'd never take a free carp, but some free tuna on the other hand.... Razz

That reminds me of years ago when I used to post on an Ebay forum. It was so heavily moderated you were not allowed to even say crap you hat to say carp Laughing

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-20-2016

"Prefer being contacted via text as I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know."

Can someone  tell me how that makes sense?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 08-20-2016

(08-20-2016, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Prefer being contacted via text as I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know."

can handle reading, can't handle talking.

(08-20-2016, 06:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Prefer being contacted via text as I don't answer calls from numbers I don't know."

They do answer calls from those they know so obviously they can handle talking.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 08-20-2016

(08-20-2016, 08:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"Can someone  tell me how that makes sense?"

It depends how you are interpreting the word answer. If it's taking the call as it comes in, it makes perfect sense. If it's answering at a later time, less so.

(08-20-2016, 09:20 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 08:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"Can someone  tell me how that makes sense?"

It depends how you are interpreting the word answer. If it's taking the call as it comes in, it makes perfect sense. If it's answering at a later time, less so.

It's late. I can't get my brain to understand. It's a cell phone. people can leave a message with a call or a text.

Who in the hell would do this? You are only saving 5 bucks and less considering the 50 cents a mile or whatever it cost to operate a car?
Firm? I'm flagging this idiot. Why? Because no one will buy it and the post will be up till the end of time LOL
But the reality is my flag won't matter. People can post are say or break rules and NO ONE flags them.

Remember that guy with the ridiculous price tag on their car. So NO one would buy it , and it sits there for years?
Well this is the new internet version of the same thing. There are DEALERS who post under OWNER who have hundreds of  retail priced items that as far as I can tell NEVER sell anything.
But they post them OVER AND OVER and over and over for YEARS,, yes YEARS. and not enough people flag them to get their post removed.
It's the same old story . There is always a dickhead who decides the rules are not for him and it ruins things for everyone else.

EBay $100 E-Gift Card - $95 (Ashland)

•  
Hello, I am selling an electronic EBAY gift card, worth $100.
Price: $95 firm

I would prefer to meet in a public place to exchange.
This card was bought with the intent of buying a new blender, but I found a better deal somewhere else.
Thanks for looking.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 08-21-2016

(08-20-2016, 11:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who in the hell would do this? You are only saving 5 bucks and less considering the 50 cents a mile or whatever it cost to operate a car?
Firm? I'm flagging this idiot. Why? Because no one will buy it and the post will be up till the end of time LOL
But the reality is my flag won't matter. People can post are say or break rules and NO ONE flags them.

Remember that guy with the ridiculous price tag on their car. So NO one would buy it , and it sits there for years?
Well this is the new internet version of the same thing. There are DEALERS who post under OWNER who have hundreds of  retail priced items that as far as I can tell NEVER sell anything.
But they post them OVER AND OVER and over and over for YEARS,, yes YEARS. and not enough people flag them to get their post removed.
It's the same old story . There is always a dickhead who decides the rules are not for him and it ruins things for everyone else.

•  

This card was bought with the intent of buying a new blender, but I found a better deal somewhere else.
Thanks for looking.

How would one know if the card is still good.?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 05:58 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 11:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who in the hell would do this? You are only saving 5 bucks and less considering the 50 cents a mile or whatever it cost to operate a car?

•  

Thanks for looking.

Yep. I don't know. Most people who sell gift cards will meet you at the store where they can be redeemed.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

•  

Thanks for looking.

Yep. I don't know. Most people who sell gift cards will meet you at the store where they can be redeemed.

Ya, try meeting them at a e-bay store.

there is a phone number that you can call and get a balances.

generally you would need the pin to use it.
the person you buy the card from, could have the number and pin recorded.
Even if the card checked out when you buy it, Better beet the guy to using it.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-21-2016

(08-21-2016, 02:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-21-2016, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

•  

Thanks for looking.

Ya, try meeting them at a e-bay store.

there is a phone number that you can call and get a balances.

generally you would need the pin to use it.
the person you buy the card from, could have the number and pin recorded.
Even if the card checked out when you buy it, Better beet the guy to using it.

I wouldn't bother with any of that unless I could get the card for half of what it's worth.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 08-22-2016

Ummmm, How about a tad bit more info, or are we just supposed to be aware of a platform ladder?

Flagged

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5744917248.html

[Image: 00505_4QkvZRkxa42_600x450.jpg]

Beware Intervale rd

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 01:52 PM)GPnative Wrote: Ummmm, How about a tad bit more info, or are we just supposed to be aware of a platform ladder?

Flagged

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5744917248.html

[Image: 00505_4QkvZRkxa42_600x450.jpg]

Beware Intervale rd

No kidding beware of what Blink  I bought one of those things once for five bucks LOL. Only it was a lot bigger and all aluminum, It was a $600 new but it had a broken leg.
I fixed it with a splint of iron bolted on and sold it for 100 bucks LOL.. What a country

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 08-31-2016

Wrong, just Wrong on so many levels  Blink

George W. Bush doll - $20 (medford)

[Image: 00u0u_cvWUpacFXGU_600x450.jpg]

George W. Bush doll. $20 OBO. Please text if before 5 pm because I work but feel free to call after 5 pm

http://medford.craigslist.org/for/5725182169.html

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - cletus1 - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:02 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wrong, just Wrong on so many levels  Blink

George W. Bush doll. $20 OBO. Please text if before 5 pm because I work but feel free to call after 5 pm

I was looking at this post and told my wife I wanted one of these. So she reached out her hand for my iPad to look. She had to put her reading glasses on to see, and when she did, she through the iPad back and gave me a dirty look. SORRY!

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:02 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wrong, just Wrong on so many levels  Blink

I wonder what it says..... I'll see if I can find a YT.

Edit: Ha! There's a bunch of them. Laughing

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 09-10-2016

Twitch Unsure Eyebrows Surprised Big Grin Laughing Embarrassed

https://medford.craigslist.org/for/5774927607.html

Pocket va jay jay - $50 (Grants Pass)

[Image: 01515_5GIyzLaK5cx_600x450.jpg]

condition: new
Stumbled upon 6 pocket pussies all diffrent styles. All unused. Also a strap on and egg vibrator. Letting the whole lot go for 50 and that's A awesome deal. Hit me up asap with number

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-05-2016

What's wrong with this picture? It makes me cringe.

[Image: 00m0m_dxYNOHWnVYz_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00707_6Gp4rDmlsrl_600x450.jpg]