RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-06-2017

What the hell is wrong with some people? Who in their right mind is going to drive somewhere to meet this guy to save five percent on something the buy on ebay?

Hello, I am selling an electronic EBAY gift card, worth $100.

Price: $95 firm

I would prefer to meet in a public place to exchange.
This card was bought with the intent of buying a new blender, but I found a better deal somewhere else.
Thanks for looking.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell is wrong with some people? Who in their right mind is going to drive somewhere to meet this guy to save five percent on something the buy on ebay?

This card was bought with the intent of buying a new blender, but I found a better deal somewhere else.
Thanks for looking.

Agree to meet him, punch him in the face, steal his EBAY gift card and he will have the benefit of a lesson learned.  Razz

(03-06-2017, 05:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 03:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the hell is wrong with some people? Who in their right mind is going to drive somewhere to meet this guy to save five percent on something the buy on ebay?

Thanks for looking.

Agree to meet him, punch him in the face, steal his EBAY gift card and he will have the benefit of a lesson learned.  Razz

OK

(03-06-2017, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Thanks for looking.

OK

Naw. Maybe "back in the day". Now, someone with a smart phone would shoot the video and you'd be in jail bunking with 300 pound Bubba who thinks you are cute. 
Too damn much technology and not enough air dried fire wood.  Sad

(03-06-2017, 07:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks for looking.

OK

Naw. Maybe "back in the day". Now, someone with a smart phone would shoot the video and you'd be in jail bunking with 300 pound Bubba who thinks you are cute. 
Too late just got back. Funny there were a bunch of people who I guess were trying to show me their new phones

(03-06-2017, 08:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Thanks for looking.

OK

Too late just got back. Funny there were a bunch of people who I guess were trying to show me their new phones

1st thing: Tell Bubba you are HIV Positive!

(03-06-2017, 08:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 05:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Agree to meet him, punch him in the face, steal his EBAY gift card and he will have the benefit of a lesson learned.  Razz

OK

I will, Thanks. What's that mean? Gang stuff?

Because I could get an HIV tattoo or something and really seal the deal.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 03-06-2017

(03-06-2017, 09:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK

I tell them I'm A.G.E. positive and they stand back. Wonky knows about that, he has advanced A.G.E.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 03-07-2017

(03-06-2017, 10:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 09:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 07:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Naw. Maybe "back in the day". Now, someone with a smart phone would shoot the video and you'd be in jail bunking with 300 pound Bubba who thinks you are cute. 

I tell them I'm A.G.E. positive and they stand back. Wonky knows about that, he has advanced A.G.E.

Yes. And I bet I can still walk your ass into the ground. Age is only a number.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-16-2017

Deep cycle battery - $50 (Shady cove)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
I have a deep cycle battery, holds a charge just fine, is 4. Years old but has only been used for emergency power on r.v. once. So still has plenty of life in it. Jump started my van with it yesterday, only took a few seconds being hooked up so it's juicy. Would take 40 if you bring a doobie with you. No phone number, email only.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Wonky3 - 03-16-2017

(03-16-2017, 12:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Deep cycle battery - $50 (Shady cove)

(google map)
I have a deep cycle battery, holds a charge just fine, is 4. Years old but has only been used for emergency power on r.v. once. So still has plenty of life in it. Jump started my van with it yesterday, only took a few seconds being hooked up so it's juicy. Would take 40 if you bring a doobie with you. No phone number, email only.

So, I guess it's $60.00 if I don't bring a "doobie". Neglected to say. And sitting mourned for 4 years, only used to light up the R.V.? Oh yeah, that outta be in good shape. 
They guy doesn't need another doobie.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-17-2017

(03-16-2017, 03:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

(google map)

So, I guess it's $60.00 if I don't bring a "doobie". Neglected to say. And sitting mourned for 4 years, only used to light up the R.V.? Oh yeah, that outta be in good shape. 

Yeah some people act like a battery will last forever if you don't use it.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-19-2017

Laughing Laughing Laughing

◀ prev
next ▶
Vintage tool - $30 (Ashland)  unhide

image 4 of 4
[Image: 00H0H_hJRgXDpI9F3_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00O0O_bPHYcGlAkdF_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00M0M_9mxXaEhpiTy_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00404_jBz3U8UnA9N_600x450.jpg]

(google map)
Don't know what it is but it looks useful. Best offer Email or 842 text 0722

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Valuesize - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Kids!  Rolling Eyes

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Kids!  Rolling Eyes
I used to get a good laugh when I would see those at yard sales... AFTER they stopped selling the kind of cans they work on.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 03-19-2017

(03-17-2017, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

(google map)

Have you ever heard, that storing a battery on cement will kill the battery?
My mother in law tells me, to put a board under the battery.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 03-19-2017

(03-19-2017, 03:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 02:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Kids!  Rolling Eyes
I used to get a good laugh when I would see those at yard sales... AFTER they stopped selling the kind of cans they work on.

Someone should tell him its an antique marital aid

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-20-2017

(03-19-2017, 07:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:

(google map)

Yes I've heard it from people all my life. I even believed it many years ago. I had a friend who would find a piece of wood and put it under my batteries if they were on the concrete  . LOL. The logic is that concrete is a good conductor and therefore somehow drain the battery.
I asked him why the batteries don't drain when they are on an even better conductor?.. the steel in your car.

Of course he didn't have an answer. I read somewhere that WAY back when batteries were first made they used some thing other than plastic.. And that type of material actually did conduct some electricity therefor putting a battery on the ground did indeed drain a battery.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

(google map)

Yes I've heard it from people all my life. I even believed it many years ago. I had a friend who would find a piece of wood and put it under my batteries if they were on the concrete  . LOL. The logic is that concrete is a good conductor and therefore somehow drain the battery.
I asked him why the batteries don't drain when they are on an even better conductor?.. the steel in your car.

Of course he didn't have an answer. I read somewhere that WAY back when batteries were first made they used some thing other than plastic.. And that type of material actually did conduct some electricity therefor putting a battery on the ground did indeed drain a battery.

I heard they made the batteries in a wooden box. There was some issue with moisture from cement effecting the wood. (I googled it years ago, when she told me that)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 03-21-2017

(03-20-2017, 11:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 03:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: So, I guess it's $60.00 if I don't bring a "doobie". Neglected to say. And sitting mourned for 4 years, only used to light up the R.V.? Oh yeah, that outta be in good shape. 

I heard they made the batteries in a wooden box. There was some issue with moisture from cement effecting the wood. (I googled it years ago, when she told me that)

"batteries in a wooden box".Um , let me think. OK.... NO! Razz

Car batteries used to be encased in hard rubber, a substance that was porous enough that battery acid could seep through it and create a conductive path through the damp concrete, draining the battery. The cases of today’s batteries, however, are made of sturdier stuff that far better contains their contents than those of yesteryear. As well, time has brought technological improvements to the seals around the posts and the vent systems.

These days, the problem of car battery electrolyte seepage and migration has been all but eliminated. Says battery manufacturer Yuasa, “Nowadays, containers are made from a solid plastic that does not allow any current to flow through it, so the batteries do not discharge, even if they sit in a few inches of water.”

http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/battery.asp