RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-27-2018

Crazy.

June 8th auction @ ABS (if you attended PLEASE READ!) - $579 (Medford)

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
2007 pontiac g6 gt

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 196000
paint color: black
title status: lien
transmission: automatic

ATTENTION!

If you attended the June 8th auction at ABS auctions in Medford and purchased a 2007 Pontiac G6 license number 350 GWC, PLEASE CALL ME!.
My wife and I have been paying on this car for 4 years.
It was bought at Sole Savers.

We were down to the last 6 payments when I unexpectedly lost my job (no fault).
Fell behind 2 payments and they said they would hold car until we could catch up. They then demanded more at a time (set me up to fail).
We paid close to $18,000 on this vehicle, only to be lied to at the end.
It was almost paid off, they are thieves.
If you purchased this vehicle, please contact me in hopes that we can work something out.

WE WERE NOT NOTIFIED OF THE SELL UNTIL AFTER.
They broke the law.

We would appreciate the good moral character of the buyer that got our hard earned money to work to their advantage to please come forward and allow us the opportunity to own what we so rightfully deserve.

THIS ISN'T RIGHT WHAT SOLE SAVERS DID.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 06-27-2018

Is this the same nutball from West Medford residents?

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-27-2018

(06-27-2018, 01:21 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Is this the same nutball from West Medford residents?

I think so. I can't imagine why they think the guy who bought that POS car at an auction with 200,000 miles  will sell the car to them.Or why they want it now?
I sure as hell wouldn't pay much for a 2007 Pontiac with that many miles. I can't see anyone at an auction paying very much either.
It makes me wonder if they had money or something else hidden in the car when it was repossessed.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 06-27-2018

Exactly

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 06-30-2018

Language barrier? Or Trump is selling this rig?

2002 Envoy GMC drives much and longly - $2500 (Ashland)

image 3 of 3
[Image: 01313_4PtJe1kX0vb_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00505_4OKzVLsTIgi_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00c0c_h9JDvAP4Bn_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 01313_4PtJe1kX0vb_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00505_4OKzVLsTIgi_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00c0c_h9JDvAP4Bn_50x50c.jpg]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
2002 Envoy

condition: excellent
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 199999
paint color: blue
size: mid-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: SUV

A car worth buying or consider offer

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-04-2018

Someone on the FB marketplace selling Catalpa seedlings! Probably volunteers from the garden. Big Grin

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-04-2018

(07-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: Someone on the FB marketplace selling Catalpa seedlings!  Probably volunteers from the garden. Big Grin

What is "the garden"?

I saw that. Catalpa's are very drought resistant. I have one growing on the back of my property that's been there for years and I've never watered it.
Keep in mind I'm in a desert and the ground dries out.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-04-2018

(07-04-2018, 10:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 10:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: Someone on the FB marketplace selling Catalpa seedlings!  Probably volunteers from the garden. Big Grin

What is "the garden"?

I saw that. Catalpa's are very drought resistant. I have one growing on the back of my property that's been there for years and I've never watered it.

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-05-2018

(07-04-2018, 11:18 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What is "the garden"?

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

Oh I see. When I read "volunteers from the garden " I thought you meant humans volunteering from some public garden or what ever. Big Grin
Anyway if I remember they all looked to be the same size. As if they were possibly planted from seed.

My Craigslist complaint.

People who try and cram too much info in to the title of their ad.

If you are selling a "2005 Chevy truck" Or any product I doubt people need to see EXCELLENT or  GORGEOUS ..PRICE REDUCED
BEAUTIFUL...STUNNING

or.. LOW MILES....CLEAN TITLE... BEST OFFER.. QUICK SALE

I think people looking for an item will click on any ad that has the item and then read the ad.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-05-2018

(07-05-2018, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What is "the garden"?

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

Oh I see. When I read "volunteers from the garden " I thought you meant humans volunteering from some public garden or what ever. Big Grin
Anyway if I remember they all looked to be the same size. As if they were possibly planted from seed.

Personally I think it's like selling dandelions.

(07-05-2018, 01:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What is "the garden"?

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

Just about everyone has dandelions It's a worthless weed unless you want to eat them. How many have a catalpa tree with a bunch of volunteers that can dig up?

They are just trying to sell trees like any nursery would.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - chuck white - 07-05-2018

(07-05-2018, 03:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 10:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: What is "the garden"?

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

Just about everyone has dandelions It's a worthless weed unless you want to eat them. How many have a catalpa tree with a bunch of volunteers that can dig up?

I have a bunch of volunteer cherry trees. I wonder if I could sell those? They'd be good for cherry wood. The one I let grow did not bare the same fruit.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Cuzz - 07-05-2018

(07-05-2018, 05:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 11:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: "Garden"  meaning "Yard"

I have a bunch of volunteer cherry trees. I wonder if I could sell those? They'd be good for cherry wood. The one I let grow did not bare the same fruit.

Whadjaget, pears?   Big Grin

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-05-2018

(07-05-2018, 05:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: Oh I see. When I read "volunteers from the garden " I thought you meant humans volunteering from some public garden or what ever. Big Grin

Whadjaget, pears?   Big Grin

I got volunteer flowering ornamental plums and camelias..!

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 07-06-2018

(07-04-2018, 11:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: "Garden"  meaning "Yard"

At your new place? You moved didn't you? The little cherries? Not bing?

Hmmm. I wonder if it's like hybrid garden vegetables?  If you plant the seeds from those you won't get the same plant

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 06:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 12:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: Oh I see. When I read "volunteers from the garden " I thought you meant humans volunteering from some public garden or what ever. Big Grin

Hmmm. I wonder if it's like hybrid garden vegetables?  If you plant the seeds from those you won't get the same plant
I don't know how fruit trees work, but does the fact that they are grafted from another kind of tree make a difference?  I would assume the fruit is hybrid if it doesn't seed true.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Cuzz - 07-06-2018

(07-06-2018, 10:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 06:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 01:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: Personally I think it's like selling dandelions.

I don't know how fruit trees work, but does the fact that they are grafted from another kind of tree make a difference?  I would assume the fruit is hybrid if it doesn't seed true.

The graft just provides a more robust root system for the conditions you want to provide. Hybrids generally don't have viable seed. What TV is referring to is from cross pollinating. Like planting your Acorn squash too close to your Hubbard squash and getting seed that grows gourds.   Big Grin 

I think.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 07-07-2018

...or mules!

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 07-07-2018

(07-04-2018, 10:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: What is "the garden"?

"Garden"  meaning "Yard"

I guess.  Catalpas are kind of cool. They are also invasive and messy.  Dandelions are good for you!  (Not that I ever eat them! Big Grin)  I mean Ailanthus trees are drought tolerant and provide shade and I would never recommend planting them.