RogueValleyForum.com
Craigslist funny stuff - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Craigslist funny stuff (/showthread.php?tid=10833)

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-09-2018

(09-09-2018, 07:25 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 06:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 05:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-08-2018, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: I just asked her if she got rid of it and this is what she posted. (she's relatively new to Oregon, lives in Jacksonville and it's the yard sale this week.)

Well the simple fact is there has always been dealers who buy to resell. If they bother you with offers you think are too low then you shouldn't be selling anything.Then you won't be bothered.  If someone is buying to resell I could car less. 
I take it all in stride. It all goes with the territory. It's funny how my wife gets stressed over this kind of stuff and I just laugh about it.
I usually sell on ebay using a "BUY IT NOW" with a "best offer option" and people make ridiculously low offers. It pisses my wife off. I don't care I just counter with a price and they come back with another.
I have an app on my phone so sooner or later it makes a CHA CHING noise meaning someone won the auction and paid through Paypal Big Grin

Like the people on CL who say NO LOW BALLING.. Well how am I supposed to know what THEY consider to be low balling?
I could care less if some offers me a price so low it's silly. I just say no.

He told me it was against the law to have a fire hydrant that doesn’t work in front of my house, so Ray and I searched for a box in my garage that would cover

LOL the guy just didn't want someone to see it and offer her money. Like what cop of fireman is going to care that you have a fire hydrant out front.. WITH A FREE SIGN ON IT LOL Also at most all she had to do was knock it over.

My thoughts exactly, but I don't think she gets it.  I don't think she's been here long enough and her background isn't really something that would be in that kind of ballpark  I don't think she sees the city yard sale for what it is, but it looks like she was getting the picture..

And now people just like her are selling things on FB sites and you can tell by their posts they are clueless.
Well, She's not. She was just trying to get rid of a table and a hydrant that came with the house. She was GIVING it away.
I know all that. I was just talking about people "just like her" who ARE selling on FB. You said "but I don't think she gets it" and with her background this was out of her ballpark.

You're wrong anyway she was trying to and did sell the table. So get down and give me 20 Laughing Laughing

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - GPnative - 09-10-2018

Those old T shit presses are hard to find.

https://medford.craigslist.org/wan/d/shit-press/6693989074.html

t shit press (Eagle Point)
© craigslist -Hello I'm looking for an inexpensive t shit press. Nothing fancy or expensive just functional. If you have one laying around and want to get rid of it let me know I'll be interested.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 10:10 AM)GPnative Wrote: Those old T shit presses are hard to find.

https://medford.craigslist.org/wan/d/shit-press/6693989074.html

t shit press (Eagle Point)
© craigslist -Hello I'm looking for an inexpensive t shit press. Nothing fancy or expensive just functional. If you have one laying around and want to get rid of it let me know I'll be interested.

Too funny. I had no idea there was a T shit or a T shirt press

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 09-10-2018

(09-09-2018, 07:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 05:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well the simple fact is there has always been dealers who buy to resell. If they bother you with offers you think are too low then you shouldn't be selling anything.Then you won't be bothered.  If someone is buying to resell I could car less. 
I take it all in stride. It all goes with the territory. It's funny how my wife gets stressed over this kind of stuff and I just laugh about it.
I usually sell on ebay using a "BUY IT NOW" with a "best offer option" and people make ridiculously low offers. It pisses my wife off. I don't care I just counter with a price and they come back with another.
I have an app on my phone so sooner or later it makes a CHA CHING noise meaning someone won the auction and paid through Paypal Big Grin

Like the people on CL who say NO LOW BALLING.. Well how am I supposed to know what THEY consider to be low balling?
I could care less if some offers me a price so low it's silly. I just say no.

He told me it was against the law to have a fire hydrant that doesn’t work in front of my house, so Ray and I searched for a box in my garage that would cover

LOL the guy just didn't want someone to see it and offer her money. Like what cop of fireman is going to care that you have a fire hydrant out front.. WITH A FREE SIGN ON IT LOL Also at most all she had to do was knock it over.

My thoughts exactly, but I don't think she gets it.  I don't think she's been here long enough and her background isn't really something that would be in that kind of ballpark  I don't think she sees the city yard sale for what it is, but it looks like she was getting the picture..

And now people just like her are selling things on FB sites and you can tell by their posts they are clueless.
Well, She's not. She was just trying to get rid of a table and a hydrant that came with the house. She was GIVING it away.
I know all that. I was just talking about people "just like her" who ARE selling on FB. You said "but I don't think she gets it" and with her background this was out of her ballpark.

You're wrong anyway she was trying to and did sell the table. So get down and give me 20 Laughing Laughing

I think she was just trying to clean out her house. That's not the same. To me, that's actually what the yard sale should be about: People trying to just sell their things, not collecting other peoples things to upsell them.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-11-2018

(09-10-2018, 09:02 PM)UpseeJuniper Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 07:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-09-2018, 05:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: My thoughts exactly, but I don't think she gets it.  I don't think she's been here long enough and her background isn't really something that would be in that kind of ballpark  I don't think she sees the city yard sale for what it is, but it looks like she was getting the picture..

I think she was just trying to clean out her house. That's not the same. To me, that's actually what the yard sale should be about: People trying to just sell their things, not collecting other peoples things to upsell them.
I think she was just trying to clean out her house. That's not the same. That is exactly the same as a lot of people especially in city wide sales. Because they don't have to put up signs or advertise. Just set things out. Even if it's a couple items.

And you did you said she was She was GIVING it away. With giving in all caps. Smiling
All I was trying to say is that she reminded me of people like her who have little or no experience selling things. And then they do it on FB.  That's all I meant.

To me, that's actually what the yard sale should be about: People trying to just sell their things, not collecting other peoples things to upsell them.

Right and most yard sales are exactly that. Yes there are some collecting other peoples things to sell them.
Not too many and they are easy to avoid anyway.

The yard sales I have were always once a year. And almost all of my stuff were things I bought that were not a good ebay item or even worth listing on CL.
And people have commented on how we always have good stuff LOL Unfortunately my wife just didn't want to help this year because of her health and it is a lot of work.

Upselling is an interesting term. There should be downselling also because at my yard sales I sell a lot of things for less or the same as I paid.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-12-2018

Antique?? LOL Junk is what I see. Maybe it has some value NOW but 300 bucks?

Sylvana record player working antique

$300
Grants Pass, OR

[/url][Image: 41731781_10213377824099937_1204322393305...e=5C1B052B]
[Image: 41594562_10213377824379944_8028380004733...e=5BF0834F]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213377824339943&set=pcb.927722760758457&type=3]

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 09-13-2018

I’d cannibalize it for the Dual turntable, and the amp might be tube, but what a hulk. I used to pay people to haul away shit like that.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-13-2018

(09-13-2018, 06:43 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I’d cannibalize it for the Dual turntable, and the amp might be tube, but what a hulk. I used to pay people to haul away shit like that.

What dual turntable? Does that mean there is another one on the other side? And I didn't think of it being a tube amp.
It could be. But it could also be solid state. I think it is. I have an old 1960's huge amp and it's solid state.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 09-14-2018

Dual is the brand of turntable.
They have unique cartridge slides rather than a screw collar.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-14-2018

(09-14-2018, 07:18 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Dual is the brand of turntable.
They have unique cartridge slides rather than a screw collar.

OK I see. it's still not much of a quality turntable is it? Anyway I can't read what it says by all those buttons but I wonder if there is an 8 track on the other side.
And below the receiver there's some cloth thing? That could be where the 8 tracks go.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 09-14-2018

Low end of the high quality spectrum.

(09-14-2018, 04:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Low end of the high quality spectrum.

Yeah baby... HIGH FIDELITY Razz

It's getting ridiculous how F***ing stupid people are or they seem to be. Did cell phones you speak in to ruin the English language?
How F***ing hard is it to actually look at what your stupid phone THINKS you said?

And another thing!!!  Does anyone else notice how many people there are on FB who don't know how to edit what they posted?
It's not rocket science. When I first learned I didn't have a clue so I just pressed my my finger on the post a BINGO!!

Full size truck bed retainer - $20 (Eagle Point)

image 1 of 3
[Image: 00X0X_fRotUK94w6M_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00Y0Y_12BciRRJkXA_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00A0A_9OUhJxuojlc_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00X0X_fRotUK94w6M_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00Y0Y_12BciRRJkXA_50x50c.jpg][Image: 00A0A_9OUhJxuojlc_50x50c.jpg]

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-16-2018

This made me laugh.

The "Rice My Car" Package - $225 (North Medford)

[Image: 00x0x_5i9nrL1KP1J_600x450.jpg]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
condition: good

This incredible package includes a set of two barely used and extremely (un) comfortable seats that you shouldn't even look at if you weight over 175 pounds or have a waste size larger than 35.
Next included in this utterly tubular deal is the Duraflex Tuner Spoiler, ready to be strapped on to any Honda telling all those who marvel at your car that your motto is "The early 2000s Fast and Furious movies were the best."

Together these two items create an irresistible bundle, and any TRUE car lover couldn't think twice about purchasing these.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-17-2018

What the?

1952 Chevy pickup hubcaps - $400 (Medford)

[Image: 00i0i_1R7zzzRzEAm_600x450.jpg]

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)
Old Chevy hubcaps and carburetor cap

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - bbqboy - 09-18-2018

Those aren’t 1952 hubcaps.
Fake news!

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 09-18-2018

(09-18-2018, 12:12 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Those aren’t 1952 hubcaps.
Fake news!

Right and carburetor cap and not air cleaner lid? Someone is ... our there

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-06-2018

I just want to ask this guy, AKA idiot, why the fuck hide the license plate? On a 400 dollar junk car?  I see this all the time. You only get to see half the car in the picture because they are afraid to show the plate Rolling Eyes  And rather than have a good pic of the entire rear of the car this genius is hiding the plate with his foot Laughing

[Image: 00I0I_5PUkXq7RWRm_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00e0e_bg1TmcvJFey_600x450.jpg]

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - Juniper - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 08:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just want to ask this guy, AKA idiot, why the fuck hide the license plate? On a 400 dollar junk car?  I see this all the time. You only get to see half the car in the picture because they are afraid to show the plate Rolling Eyes  And rather than have a good pic of the entire rear of the car this genius is hiding the plate with his foot Laughing

I don't think people really put much thought into it. I think people are just indoctrinated into this kind of thing.

RE: Craigslist funny stuff - tvguy - 10-06-2018

(10-06-2018, 09:19 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-06-2018, 08:51 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just want to ask this guy, AKA idiot, why the fuck hide the license plate? On a 400 dollar junk car?  I see this all the time. You only get to see half the car in the picture because they are afraid to show the plate Rolling Eyes  And rather than have a good pic of the entire rear of the car this genius is hiding the plate with his foot Laughing

I don't think people really put much thought into it. I think people are just indoctrinated into this kind of thing.
I'm sure of it. Sheeple, lemmings, followers. It's just odd to or sad me that so many don't think for themselves.