RogueValleyForum.com
Random video thread - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Random video thread (/showthread.php?tid=13517)

RE: Random video thread - Cuzz - 12-21-2015

(12-21-2015, 06:13 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Ohhhh.......... that aught'a raise some hackles.

Seriously though, where can I get one of those laser pew-pew-pew things at the end?  Smiling

RE: Random video thread - bbqboy - 12-22-2015

RE: Random video thread - cletus1 - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 07:21 AM)bbqboy Wrote: .

Scary! 

I posted a similar video that was filmed at a range. I recall TVguy and someone else said that the person working at range was irresponsible for letting hose people shoot without proper training. I agreed with that. Here however, you just have people being ignorant. Unfortunately there are many people that are ignorant about firearm safety. Still, we should promote arming everyone so we can shoot bad guys and save lives.  Blink

RE: Random video thread - Valuesize - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 07:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Scary! 

I posted a similar video that was filmed at a range. I recall TVguy and someone else said that the person working at range was irresponsible for letting hose people shoot without proper training. I agreed with that. Here however, you have people just being ignorant. Unfortunately there are many people that are ignorant about firearm safety. Still, we should promote arming everyone so we can shoot bad guys and save lives.  Blink

Friggin "hose people." They're most likely Trumpster's.  Razz

RE: Random video thread - Cuzz - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 07:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 07:21 AM)bbqboy Wrote: [video snipped]

Scary! 

I posted a similar video that was filmed at a range. I recall TVguy and someone else said that the person working at range was irresponsible for letting hose people shoot without proper training. I agreed with that. Here however, you have people just being ignorant. Unfortunately there are many people that are ignorant about firearm safety. Still, we should promote arming everyone so we can shoot bad guys and save lives.  Blink

Exactly. It becomes harder to accept the guns without any limitations argument when watching something like that. The pathetic part is it isn't uncommon. I've witnessed similar stupidity with friends and acquaintances.  Blink   

RE: Random video thread - tvguy - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 07:21 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Holy crap, the last one had me scared to death I could barely watch.

(12-22-2015, 10:57 AM)Cuzz Wrote: etus1

Scary! 

Exactly. It becomes harder to accept the guns without any limitations argument when watching something like that. The pathetic part is it isn't uncommon. I've witnessed similar stupidity with friends and acquaintances.  Blink   

Cletus...Still, we should promote arming everyone so we can shoot bad guys and save lives.  Blink

"We"
should?   

Yeah I think it is indeed uncommon. This is no different than when Leno or Letterman goes out in the street and interviews all kinds of people until they find one who doesn't know who is buried in Grants tomb. Then THAT'S the one you get to see.
There are 100 million gun owners in the USA so of course some are going to be fools. Look at the amount of people who do idiotic things with automobiles.

(12-22-2015, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Scary! 

Cletus...Still, we should promote arming everyone so we can shoot bad guys and save lives.  Blink

"We"
should?   

Yeah I think it is indeed uncommon. This is no different than when Leno or Letterman goes out in the street and interviews all kinds of people until they find one who doesn't know who is buried in Grants tomb. Then THAT'S the one you get to see.
There are 100 million gun owners in the USA so of course some are going to be fools. Look at the amount of people who do idiotic things with automobiles.

Point taken. I can only go by what I've experienced. I've seen enough that I'm almost never relaxed around anyone handling firearms, with only a very few exceptions.

(12-22-2015, 04:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Scary! 

"We"
should?   

Point taken. I can only go by what I've experienced. I've seen enough that I'm almost never relaxed around anyone handling firearms, with only a very few exceptions.

Yeah I'm not relaxed around people handling firearms either.Even myself.Unless of course I've had a few beers Razz

(12-22-2015, 07:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 04:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

(12-22-2015, 07:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Scary! 

"We"
should?   

Yeah I'm not relaxed around people handling firearms either.Even myself.Unless of course I've had a few beers Razz

Laughing Laughing

RE: Random video thread - cletus1 - 12-23-2015

This article is from Al Jazeera. If someone needs to read it from a right wing news source, News Max has a similar article. 

Virginia to stop honoring 25 states' concealed-carry gun permits

Attorney General Mark Herring said Virginia took the step because laws in those states are less restrictive

December 23, 2015 1:30AM ET

Virginia will no longer recognize concealed-carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the state, effective Feb. 1, Attorney General Mark Herring said on Tuesday.
Virginia, home to the National Rifle Association, took the step because laws in those states are less restrictive, Herring's office said in a statement.

Concealed permit rules approved by Virginia lawmakers "should not be undermined by wrongly recognizing permits from other states with more permissive standards," said Herring, a Democrat.
“We hear that we don’t need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have,” Mr. Herring told the New York Times, echoing the argument of the gun rights movement. “Well, I’m going to be enforcing the ones we have.”

Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings with three incidents other than the shooting of 14 people in San Bernardino, California, on Dec. 2 resulting in nine or more deaths: a Roseburg, Oregon shooting on Oct. 1; a Charleston, South Carolina shooting on June 17; and a Waco, Texas shooting on May 17. 

In Virginia, the site of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history — the 2007 rampage at Virginia Tech that left 32 people dead — two TV journalists, were shot during a live interview on Aug. 26. 
President Barack Obama reacted to the Oregon shooting by saying “Somehow this has become routine. ... We have become numb to this." 

He then tasked White House lawyers to find new ways he could use his executive powers to address the issue. That review is ongoing.

Chris Cox, executive director of the Institute for Legislative Action at the NRA, responded to Virginia’s move by saying permit holders were among the safest groups of people in the United States.
"Plain and simple, this is putting politics above public safety. This decision is both dangerous and shameful," he said in a statement.

The change in Virginia prevents people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from the 25 states in Virginia.

“This has been where the gun violence prevention movement is going,” Chelsea Parsons, vice president of guns and crime policy at the liberal Center for American Progress told the Washington Post. “In much the same way President Obama said I’m not going to wait for Congress anymore, the same can be said for leaders at the state level to really use their authority to take strong meaningful steps on this issue.”

Al Jazeera with Reuters

RE: Random video thread - Scrapper - 12-23-2015

[Image: Not%2Beven%2Bclose...%2B-%2BImgur.gif]

RE: Random video thread - tvguy - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 10:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: Not%2Beven%2Bclose...%2B-%2BImgur.gif]

You can see he has something under his shirt Smiling

(12-23-2015, 08:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This article is from Al Jazeera. If someone needs to read it from a right wing news source, News Max has a similar article. 

Attorney General Mark Herring said Virginia took the step because laws in those states are less restrictive

Virginia will no longer recognize concealed-carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the state, effective Feb. 1, Attorney General Mark Herring said on Tuesday.
Virginia, home to the National Rifle Association, took the step because laws in those states are less restrictive, Herring's office said in a statement.

Concealed permit rules approved by Virginia lawmakers "should not be undermined by wrongly recognizing permits from other states with more permissive standards," said Herring, a Democrat.
“We hear that we don’t need new gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have,” Mr. Herring told the New York Times, echoing the argument of the gun rights movement. “Well, I’m going to be enforcing the ones we have.”

Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings with three incidents other than the shooting of 14 people in San Bernardino, California, on Dec. 2 resulting in nine or more deaths: a Roseburg, Oregon shooting on Oct. 1; a Charleston, South Carolina shooting on June 17; and a Waco, Texas shooting on May 17. 

In Virginia, the site of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history — the 2007 rampage at Virginia Tech that left 32 people dead — two TV journalists, were shot during a live interview on Aug. 26. 
President Barack Obama reacted to the Oregon shooting by saying “Somehow this has become routine. ... We have become numb to this." 

He then tasked White House lawyers to find new ways he could use his executive powers to address the issue. That review is ongoing.

Chris Cox, executive director of the Institute for Legislative Action at the NRA, responded to Virginia’s move by saying permit holders were among the safest groups of people in the United States.
"Plain and simple, this is putting politics above public safety. This decision is both dangerous and shameful," he said in a statement.

The change in Virginia prevents people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from the 25 states in Virginia.

“This has been where the gun violence prevention movement is going,” Chelsea Parsons, vice president of guns and crime policy at the liberal Center for American Progress told the Washington Post. “In much the same way President Obama said I’m not going to wait for Congress anymore, the same can be said for leaders at the state level to really use their authority to take strong meaningful steps on this issue.”

Al Jazeera with Reuters

That is very stupid.... "Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings" How many of those were done by people with concealed weapon  permits?

"The change in Virginia prevents people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from the 25 states in Virginia."

Oregon's rules.......

• Be a U.S. citizen, or a legal alien who can document continuous residency in the United States for at least six months and has declared, in writing, to the INS your intent to acquire citizenship (Form N300).
  • Be at least 21 years of age.
  • Have no legal condition that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under either Oregon or Federal law.

• Have no outstanding warrants for your arrest.
  • Not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Services.
  • Not be an unlawful user of, or addicted to, a controlled substance.
  • Not be on any form of pre-trial release.
  • Not be required to register as a sex offender in any state.
  • Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor, or found guilty of a misdemeanor within four years prior to application, except under ORS 161.295.
    Not be subject to a citation issued under ORS 163.735 or an order issued under ORS 30.866, 107.700 to 107.723 or 163.738 (e.g. Stalking or Restraining Orders).
  • Demonstrate competence with a handgun by any one of the following means:
    • Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or a law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
      Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked; or
    • Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun safety was a component of the course.

RE: Random video thread - Cuzz - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 01:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 08:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This article is from Al Jazeera. If someone needs to read it from a right wing news source, News Max has a similar article. 

Al Jazeera with Reuters

That is very stupid.... "Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings" How many of those were done by people with concealed weapon  permits?

"The change in Virginia prevents people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from the 25 states in Virginia."

Oregon's rules.......

• Be a U.S. citizen, or a legal alien who can document continuous residency in the United States for at least six months and has declared, in writing, to the INS your intent to acquire citizenship (Form N300).
  • Have no legal condition that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under either Oregon or Federal law.

• Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor, or found guilty of a misdemeanor within four years prior to application, except under ORS 161.295.
    Not be subject to a citation issued under ORS 163.735 or an order issued under ORS 30.866, 107.700 to 107.723 or 163.738 (e.g. Stalking or Restraining Orders).
    • Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or a law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
      Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked; or
    • Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun safety was a component of the course.

Oregon's not 25 other states. I don't know what those other states conditions are but I'll bet there are some states a lot less stringent then Oregon. Besides VA can do what they think best for VA.

(12-23-2015, 02:41 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 01:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: That is very stupid.... "Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings" How many of those were done by people with concealed weapon  permits?

Oregon's rules.......

Oregon's not 25 other states. I don't know what those other states conditions are but I'll bet there are some states a lot less stringent then Oregon. Besides VA can do what they think best for VA.

Check out this map: http://smartgunlaws.org/search-gun-law-by-state/

Can someone show me where it says in the second amendment that I CAN'T carry a concealed weapon?

Can a state makes laws that circumvent the constitution?

Al Jazeera with Reuters

Oregon's rules.......

Good points. Smiling  But I have to wonder about the logic of talking about then making this law based on "Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings"

How many of these "mass shootings" had anything whatsoever to do with people who have legal concealed carry permits?

(12-23-2015, 03:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Can someone show me where it says in the second amendment that I CAN'T carry a concealed weapon?

Can a state makes laws that circumvent the constitution?

Can you show me where in the constitution it says you can't carry a bazooka?  Big Grin

States make their own laws as you know. I think a state could ban concealed weapons all together. 

RE: Random video thread - Cuzz - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 03:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Al Jazeera with Reuters

Oregon's rules.......

Good points. Smiling  But I have to wonder about the logic of talking about then making this law based on "Herring’s move comes at the end of a year marked by more than 350 mass shootings"

How many of these "mass shootings" had anything whatsoever to do with people who have legal concealed carry permits?

I kind'a wonder how many of those "mass shootings" were mass shootings. How many is a "mass"? I'm sure there must be a definition.

OK, I looked it up; "The FBI defines mass murder as murdering four or more persons during an event with no "cooling-off period" between the murders." But Shooting Tracker defines mass shooting as "four or more people are shot in a spree or setting, likely without a cooling off period. This may include the gunman himself ..... or police shootings of civilians around the gunman."

Huh, I didn't know that.