RogueValleyForum.com
Record Breaking Weather - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Record Breaking Weather (/showthread.php?tid=16187)

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 07:46 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 06:43 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote: Highest UK July temperature EVER recorded at Heathrow

The mercury has hit 36.7C at Heathrow to make today the hottest July day on record, according to the Met Office.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-weather-highest-uk-july-temperature-ever-recorded-at-heathrow-as-capital-swelters-10358549.html

I feel so lucky! Have no plans to go to England today. Or tomorrow. 
We set a record right here in the Valley of the Rogue. 
And because we live in and around forests, I'm far more concerned about the weather here than in England. 

How did I know your post would be just another slightly veiled complaint about what Chuck decided to post.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 10:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:

The mercury has hit 36.7C at Heathrow to make today the hottest July day on record, according to the Met Office.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-weather-highest-uk-july-temperature-ever-recorded-at-heathrow-as-capital-swelters-10358549.html

And because we live in and around forests, I'm far more concerned about the weather here than in England. 

How did I know your post would be just another slightly veiled complaint about what Chuck decided to post.
You MUST have the "argument gene"! I'm AM more concerned about our local forests than the news of weather at a airport in England. Seems like a legitimate point to me. Who posted it means nothing. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 01:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You MUST have the "argument gene"! I'm AM more concerned about our local forests than the news of weather at a airport in England. Seems like a legitimate point to me. Who posted it means nothing. 

I'm not looking to argue. I'm just sick or your posts like this that are nothing but you saying one way or another that YOU don't approve.
 You have made it clear way too many times that you don't see a need for a thread like this.
It's what you do. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 01:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 06:43 AM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-weather-highest-uk-july-temperature-ever-recorded-at-heathrow-as-capital-swelters-10358549.html

I'm not looking to argue. I'm just sick or your posts like this that are nothing but you saying one way or another that YOU don't approve.
 You have made it clear way too many times that you don't see a need for a thread like this.
It's what you do. 
You need a logic class. 
I RESPONDED to "a thread like this". And, I added a comment about our local danger that I find alarming. Then there is this: I really don't care that you might object to what I post, or where. You are not the Chief In Charge here, your argumentative nature doesn't rule, and you are becoming a bore. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 07-22-2015

Quote:The presence of a strong El Niño almost ensures that 2015 will become the warmest on record for Earth and will have ripple effects on weather patterns all over the world.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/07/20/el-nino-intensifying-could-rival-strongest-in-history/

Quote:According to the National Weather Service, the previous precipitation record for July 18 was set in 1922, when a mere 0.01 inches of rain hit San Diego.

That record was drowned by the 1.03 inches recorded at Lindbergh Field Saturday, the wettest July day since data collection in the area began in 1850.

http://www.10news.com/news/record-rainfall-by-the-numbers

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-22-2015

"You can't teach speed and you can't cure stupid".

From todays (7/22) MT:

Dog dies from heat in closed car 

LINCOLN CITY — Authorities say a woman was cited for animal neglect after her dog died of heat stress in a parked car.

Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies responded to a Lincoln City street late Monday afternoon. They said 34-year-old Bonny Grady of Otis left her dog in the car while at work, and the windows were closed.

The sheriff’s office reminds drivers to be careful with pets in the summertime. Even on a relatively mild day, the temperature can quickly soar to above 100
degrees inside a vehicle. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - bbqboy - 07-22-2015

It's Lincoln City, Jake....

(07-22-2015, 08:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "You can't teach speed and you can't cure stupid".

From todays (7/22) MT:

LINCOLN CITY — Authorities say a woman was cited for animal neglect after her dog died of heat stress in a parked car.

Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies responded to a Lincoln City street late Monday afternoon. They said 34-year-old Bonny Grady of Otis left her dog in the car while at work, and the windows were closed.

The sheriff’s office reminds drivers to be careful with pets in the summertime. Even on a relatively mild day, the temperature can quickly soar to above 100

I wonder if that left an odor in the car?
Dead dog smell can be hard to get rid of.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-23-2015

(07-22-2015, 05:28 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 08:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "You can't teach speed and you can't cure stupid".

From todays (7/22) MT:

Forgive me if I don't share your sense of humor. I'm sure you mean no harm, and have caused none, but the remark is kind of insensitive, to my mind at least. 
We all know that animals, children, and the those without the ability to make decisions are our responsibility. And of course we all make mistakes. 
But this is a object lesson for all of us to take the time to practice those basic responsibilities we all share. 

So yes, I bet "dead dog smell" is hard to get rid of. Harder still, would be getting rid of the guilt I'd feel for being that inattentive. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 05:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

From todays (7/22) MT:

Forgive me if I don't share your sense of humor. I'm sure you mean no harm, and have caused none, but the remark is kind of insensitive, to my mind at least. 
We all know that animals, children, and the those without the ability to make decisions are our responsibility. And of course we all make mistakes. 
But this is a object lesson for all of us to take the time to practice those basic responsibilities we all share. 

So yes, I bet "dead dog smell" is hard to get rid of. Harder still, would be getting rid of the guilt I'd feel for being that inattentive. 

Lighten up, at least it wasn't a kid.

Dead goat smell is even worse to get rid of.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Tiamat - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 05:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:

From todays (7/22) MT:

It's not the first time, Chuck has made insensitive or possibly inappropriate remarks as well as never really contributing to discussion. It's just Chuck. I don't have to like him 100% of the time.

(07-23-2015, 05:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

From todays (7/22) MT:

It's not the first time, Chuck has made insensitive or possibly inappropriate remarks as well as never really contributing to discussion. It's just Chuck. I don't have to like him 100% of the time.

Yep. He's right. "At least it wasn't a kid". Thank all that's holy! I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but even I know children are more precious than dogs. 

But when we take dogs into our care we assume responsibility for them and it saddens me a whole lot to think of a dog dying a slow and awful death. 

So Chuck, if you have a pet you have assumed responsibility for, I hope you will consider finding a new home for him or her. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - bbqboy - 07-23-2015

A new way of bitching.
We'll find a new way of douching,
Somewhere,
Someway....
Tony........

(07-23-2015, 09:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote: A new way of bitching.
Somewhere,
Someway....
Tony........

Take your meds, get a good nights sleep, and I hope you wake up in the morning feeling as well as your health allows, and a positive attitude about the world in general. And I really hope you don't have a dog. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 09:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 09:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote: A new way of bitching.
Somewhere,
Someway....
Tony........

Take your meds, get a good nights sleep, and I hope you wake up in the morning feeling as well as your health allows, and a positive attitude about the world in general. And I really hope you don't have a dog. 

Specially a dog in heat.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - bbqboy - 07-24-2015

So add West Side Story to the list of wonkybitches.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-24-2015

(07-23-2015, 09:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 05:28 PM)chuck white Wrote: I wonder if that left an odor in the car?

Yep. He's right. "At least it wasn't a kid". Thank all that's holy! I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but even I know children are more precious than dogs. 

But when we take dogs into our care we assume responsibility for them and it saddens me a whole lot to think of a dog dying a slow and awful death. 

So Chuck, if you have a pet you have assumed responsibility for, I hope you will consider finding a new home for him or her. 

Sure Wonky, Chucks insensitive joke means he can't take proper care of a pet.. Yeah that's it.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Tiamat - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 05:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Forgive me if I don't share your sense of humor. I'm sure you mean no harm, and have caused none, but the remark is kind of insensitive, to my mind at least. 

Sure Wonky, Chucks insensitive joke means he can't take proper care of a pet.. Yeah that's it.
You didn't know that?

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 11:30 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 05:15 PM)chuck white Wrote: Lighten up, at least it wasn't a kid.

You didn't know that?

No.
I only know Chuck from he what posts here. And, often he posts humor I find hard to see as typically funny. Maybe that's just me, or our differences in what we find humorous. 
I'll repeat that I thought his remarks about the dog was insensitive and if he has a dog I hope his humor does not extend to the care of that animal. 
I thought it was a pretty straight forward opinion and for what it's worth I'll stand by it.