RogueValleyForum.com
Record Breaking Weather - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Record Breaking Weather (/showthread.php?tid=16187)

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 12:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 11:30 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 09:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 05:49 PM)Tiamat Wrote: It's not the first time, Chuck has made insensitive or possibly inappropriate remarks as well as never really contributing to discussion. It's just Chuck. I don't have to like him 100% of the time.

Yep. He's right. "At least it wasn't a kid". Thank all that's holy! I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but even I know children are more precious than dogs. 

But when we take dogs into our care we assume responsibility for them and it saddens me a whole lot to think of a dog dying a slow and awful death. 

So Chuck, if you have a pet you have assumed responsibility for, I hope you will consider finding a new home for him or her. 

Sure Wonky, Chucks insensitive joke means he can't take proper care of a pet.. Yeah that's it.
You didn't know that?

No.
I only know Chuck from he what posts here. And, often he posts humor I find hard to see as typically funny. Maybe that's just me, or our differences in what we find humorous. 
I'll repeat that I thought his remarks about the dog was insensitive and if he has a dog I hope his humor does not extend to the care of that animal. 
I thought it was a pretty straight forward opinion and for what it's worth I'll stand by it. 

Well OK then. Lot's of us don't see humor in what others sometimes say.. YOU more so than others but nevertheless in this case that's your opinion and probably some others feel the same as you.

BUT I seriously doubt anyone but you thought CW's off color joke meant he can't take care of a dog.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 09:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yep. He's right. "At least it wasn't a kid". Thank all that's holy! I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree but even I know children are more precious than dogs. 

But when we take dogs into our care we assume responsibility for them and it saddens me a whole lot to think of a dog dying a slow and awful death. 

So Chuck, if you have a pet you have assumed responsibility for, I hope you will consider finding a new home for him or her. 

Sure Wonky, Chucks insensitive joke means he can't take proper care of a pet.. Yeah that's it.
You didn't know that?

No.
I only know Chuck from he what posts here. And, often he posts humor I find hard to see as typically funny. Maybe that's just me, or our differences in what we find humorous. 
I'll repeat that I thought his remarks about the dog was insensitive and if he has a dog I hope his humor does not extend to the care of that animal. 
I thought it was a pretty straight forward opinion and for what it's worth I'll stand by it. 

Well OK then. Lot's of us don't see humor in what others sometimes say.. YOU more so than others but nevertheless in this case that's your opinion and probably some others feel the same as you.

BUT I seriously doubt anyone but you thought CW's off color joke meant he can't take care of a dog.

YOU seriously doubt "Anyone".... Well okay "hall monitor" I guess you are authorized to speak for the entire group here. 

Look TVg, you have a problem with me. If I say white, you argue that it's black. So please, give it a rest and let the conversation flow. I didn't "attack" Chuck: I just thought his remark not very funny and because I'm fond of dogs I wanted to express an opinion about it. I did, and that should have ended it. Remember I didn't say chuck was a commie dog hater who wears girls panties or tell him to F**K off or any other rude or vulgar comments. 

Enough of this. I'm sure Chuck will continue to express humor anyway he chooses and with exceptions about dogs dying in hot cars I won't respond with negative comments. 

Now. Back to the weather. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 08:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 10:50 AM)tvguy Wrote: Sure Wonky, Chucks insensitive joke means he can't take proper care of a pet.. Yeah that's it.
You didn't know that?

No.

YOU seriously doubt "Anyone".... Well okay "hall monitor" I guess you are authorized to speak for the entire group here. 

Look TVg, you have a problem with me. If I say white, you argue that it's black. So please, give it a rest and let the conversation flow. I didn't "attack" Chuck: I just thought his remark not very funny and because I'm fond of dogs I wanted to express an opinion about it. I did, and that should have ended it. Remember I didn't say chuck was a commie dog hater who wears girls panties or tell him to F**K off or any other rude or vulgar comments. 

Enough of this. I'm sure Chuck will continue to express humor anyway he chooses and with exceptions about dogs dying in hot cars I won't respond with negative comments. 

Now. Back to the weather. 

You are flat out wrong. I don't have a problem with you and I never even made an attempt to speak for the entire group? I'm not saying anything to you I wouldn't say to anyone else.
And apparently you STILL don't even understand what I said. I don't care that you didn't think the joke was not funny.

But you took it a lot farther than that when you imply he can't care for a dog because his joke was so insensitive. And then you say you will "stand by" such a ridiculous assumption?

Jesus Wonky just chill.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 07-25-2015

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 07-26-2015

At my house in Medford this Sunday Morning it's cool, a bit gray, and comfortable. I won't bother with extra water for the more fragile flowers. To be more precise, Mrs. Wonky won't water 'em.  Embarrassed

But summer is still with us and I hope the gods bless us with plenty of hot weather but without dry lightning. We have been so very lucky so far: fewer forest fires near the valley than might have been. 

So if we have "record breaking weather" lets hope it is without dry lightning strikes. 

Remember the "Darwin Awards"? 

This might be an example. Three young guys playing with guns in a place where it was just plain stupid to do so. But, maybe they spend so much time on Twitter they didn't get a chance to see the reports of our weather conditions and the record low snowfall that has left our forests so dry. 

"Stupid is as stupid does" 

Three men arrested for starting wildfire 

WOODLAND, Wash. — Authorities in Cowlitz County have arrested three men for starting a wildfire by shooting propane bottles in the woods.

The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office on Saturday said the men, all Vancouver residents, started the Colvin Fire just east of Woodland by shooting four 16 ounce propane bottles with firearms. The fire, which began last Sunday, burned over 100 acres, or about 0.16 square miles.

22-year-old Michael J. Estrada-Cardenas, 21-year-old Nathan C. Taylor and 23-year-old Adrian D. Taylor were booked into jail for reckless burning in the 1st degree. They are being held without bail.

The suspects told investigators the fire started when they shot the bottles. They said they put the flames out and left the area, even though there were small burning embers still on the ground.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 08:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: At my house in Medford this Sunday Morning it's cool, a bit gray, and comfortable. I won't bother with extra water for the more fragile flowers. To be more precise, Mrs. Wonky won't water 'em.  Embarrassed

But summer is still with us and I hope the gods bless us with plenty of hot weather but without dry lightning. We have been so very lucky so far: fewer forest fires near the valley than might have been. 

So if we have "record breaking weather" lets hope it is without dry lightning strikes. 

Dry Lightning eh? I guess you just mean not accompanied by rain. My friend talks about "heat lightning" I hear others say that.There's really no such thing. It's just regular old lightning seen from far away.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Cuzz - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 10:08 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 08:59 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: At my house in Medford this Sunday Morning it's cool, a bit gray, and comfortable. I won't bother with extra water for the more fragile flowers. To be more precise, Mrs. Wonky won't water 'em.  Embarrassed

Dry Lightning eh? I guess you just mean not accompanied by rain. My friend talks about "heat lightning" I hear others say that.There's really no such thing. It's just regular old lightning seen from far away.

Once at my sisters house in Colorado we watched a lightning storm but never heard any thunder. That was kind'a weird.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - bbqboy - 07-26-2015

That's all fine & good, but what happened to
Chuck's dog?
Or is that ex-dog?

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Cuzz - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 10:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's all fine & good, but what happened to
Chuck's dog?
Or is that ex-dog?

I think that one got beat to death and we all moved on. The subject, not the dog.

(07-26-2015, 10:48 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 10:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: That's all fine & good, but what happened to
Chuck's dog?
Or is that ex-dog?

I think that one got beat to death and we all moved on. The subject, not the dog.

I hope so!

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 08-04-2015

Quote:Japan’s meteorological agency said temperatures in central Tokyo hit 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) on Monday for a record-tying fourth consecutive day, as a high-pressure system remained aloft the archipelago.

If the mercury exceeds 35 degree Celsius on Tuesday as is forecast, it would be the first five straight days of what the agency calls ‘mousho,’ or intense heat, since they began recording the data.

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/08/04/tokyo-heat-likely-to-set-record/

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 06:41 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Japan’s meteorological agency said temperatures in central Tokyo hit 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) on Monday for a record-tying fourth consecutive day, as a high-pressure system remained aloft the archipelago.

If the mercury exceeds 35 degree Celsius on Tuesday as is forecast, it would be the first five straight days of what the agency calls ‘mousho,’ or intense heat, since they began recording the data.

I'm curious. You remind us weather around the globe and I'm wondering if you do that in support of the argument for "climate change" or if you are just somehow fascinated by weather in general. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 07:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm curious. You remind us weather around the globe and I'm wondering if you do that in support of the argument for "climate change" or if you are just somehow fascinated by weather in general. 

That's passive aggressive speech for.. Wonky doesn't approve Laughing

(08-04-2015, 03:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

No, that's TVg who is all knowing and without doubt about anything. 
I am curious. Why else post temps around the world? 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Hugo - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 04:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

'Cause he wants to, and he can?

(08-04-2015, 05:44 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 04:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 06:41 AM)chuck white Wrote: http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/08/04/tokyo-heat-likely-to-set-record/

'Cause he wants to, and he can?

That works too. And I ask. Why? Because I can. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Valuesize - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 09:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: That works too. And I ask. Why? Because I can. 

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. 

__Whoever

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Wonky3 - 08-05-2015

(08-04-2015, 10:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 09:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: That works too. And I ask. Why? Because I can. 

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. 

__Whoever

Well, thanks for that. I guess you are suggesting I'm insane. I guess I won't be getting a Christmas card from you this year? 
I take no comfort that you find my behavior or remarks irritating or "whatever". A couple of other folks have expressed similar opinions. (but didn't suggest I was insane). I can stop those remarks about the use of the reply feature and will. I thought I had a legitimate and worthwhile view of that, but seems not. 
I'll be watching your continuing posts for more instruction and comments about my behavior. 
More, I can't do. 

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Valuesize - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 08:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2015, 10:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

__Whoever

Well, thanks for that. I guess you are suggesting I'm insane. I guess I won't be getting a Christmas card from you this year? 
I take no comfort that you find my behavior or remarks irritating or "whatever". A couple of other folks have expressed similar opinions. (but didn't suggest I was insane). I can stop those remarks about the use of the reply feature and will. I thought I had a legitimate and worthwhile view of that, but seems not. 
I'll be watching your continuing posts for more instruction and comments about my behavior. 
More, I can't do. 

Not inferring you are insane nor am I irritated. I thought the famous quote would get my point across but it appears it did not. My point is.... how long have you been asking him and others to use the quote feature without success? 
At some point I would think you'd tire of it, but I do admire your love of a challenge. Smiling