RogueValleyForum.com
Record Breaking Weather - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Record Breaking Weather (/showthread.php?tid=16187)

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Scrapper - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 06:08 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:59 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet.

OK but why would you believe that? What could possibly make you think this in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

You don't believe that the climate has naturally changed over the time the planet has existed?  There is evidence to the contrary that the climate has changed?
You don't believe that over the years people have done anything to exacerbate it?

If you read my entire response you would know better than to ask that.
Then what's the big deal with trying to do our part to stop adding to the issue?

RE: Record Breaking Weather - Someones Dad - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 06:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:08 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet.

OK but why would you believe that? What could possibly make you think this in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

You don't believe that the climate has naturally changed over the time the planet has existed?  There is evidence to the contrary that the climate has changed?
You don't believe that over the years people have done anything to exacerbate it?

Then what's the big deal with trying to do our part to stop adding to the issue?

Can you show me where I have been against that?

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 12-02-2015

Wow again? You really like to answer a question with a question Blink

You seem to be confusing two things. It's OK all you Climate change deniers do the same exact thing. You want us to believe that the rapid warming of our climate in 150 years that correlates precisely with mans use of fossil fuels.

Is the same thing as the way our climate has changed over millions of years.

There is evidence to the contrary that the climate has changed?

What? No, I'm sorry there is no such evidence that is credible in any way. And there are reams of evidence showing the climate is warming, glaciers are melting and the oceans are rising.

(12-02-2015, 06:13 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:59 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: You don't believe that the climate has naturally changed over the time the planet has existed?  There is evidence to the contrary that the climate has changed?

LOL well if you deny that human beings are changing our planets weather it seems hard for me to believe you would be down with doing anything to prevent something that isn't happening. Confused

(12-02-2015, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:02 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: ~sic~
That being said, human beings are certainly part of the eco system of the planet, and by that very fact, of course we have impact.  So do cow farts.  So do volcanoes. So do massive earthquakes.  So do meteors.  But I will concede that we humans certainly have neglected things in times past.  But I also think that in the last 50 years, the United States has done more than any other country to correct these issues, and has successfully cleaned up more of the environment than anyone else.  Do you disagree?

I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet.

Are you one of those who believes that human induced climate change is all some big hoax? That it's perpetuated by dishonest experts in the field all over the world?

It would be ridiculous to even think anything could prevent the climate from changing.

You seem to be confusing one thing from the other. NO ONE is trying or expected to change what ever natural climate change that may occur in the future. NO ONE is saying we can or we are trying to achieve a "static, unchanging climate?"

What people are saying is much more simple. That human beings burning MASSIVE amounts of coal and oil are changing our atmosphere and causing a greenhouse affect that is UNNATURALLY warming our planet.

The vast majority of people who know this is a FACT simply want to try and slow this process we have started that is warming our planet.

Would you like to answer the question in the rest of my response?

(12-02-2015, 06:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:13 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: You don't believe that over the years people have done anything to exacerbate it?

LOL well if you deny that human beings are changing our planets weather it seems hard for me to believe you would be down with doing anything to prevent something that isn't happening. Confused

Deny?  You did not read my words.

Quote:That being said, human beings are certainly part of the eco system of the planet, and by that very fact, of course we have impact.  So do cow farts.  So do volcanoes. So do massive earthquakes.  So do meteors.  But I will concede that we humans certainly have neglected things in times past. 

But I also think that in the last 50 years, the United States has done more than any other country to correct these issues, and has successfully cleaned up more of the environment than anyone else.  Do you disagree?

(12-02-2015, 06:28 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
That being said, human beings are certainly part of the eco system of the planet, and by that very fact, of course we have impact.  So do cow farts.  So do volcanoes. So do massive earthquakes.  So do meteors.  But I will concede that we humans certainly have neglected things in times past.  But I also think that in the last 50 years, the United States has done more than any other country to correct these issues, and has successfully cleaned up more of the environment than anyone else.  Do you disagree?

Are you one of those who believes that human induced climate change is all some big hoax? That it's perpetuated by dishonest experts in the field all over the world?

It would be ridiculous to even think anything could prevent the climate from changing.

You seem to be confusing one thing from the other. NO ONE is trying or expected to change what ever natural climate change that may occur in the future. NO ONE is saying we can or we are trying to achieve a "static, unchanging climate?"

What people are saying is much more simple. That human beings burning MASSIVE amounts of coal and oil are changing our atmosphere and causing a greenhouse affect that is UNNATURALLY warming our planet.

The vast majority of people who know this is a FACT simply want to try and slow this process we have started that is warming our planet.

You seem to continually introduce one thing in to the conversation that has little to do with the point

I think we have done a very good job cleaning up our own environment. Better than ANYONE else? Not too sure about that.

But what has that to do with the fact that we are one of the biggest producers of green house gases.?

(12-02-2015, 06:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Wow again? You really like to answer a question with a question Blink

You seem to be confusing two things. It's OK all you Climate change deniers do the same exact thing. You want us to believe that the rapid warming of our climate in 150 years that correlates precisely with mans use of fossil fuels.

Is the same thing as the way our climate has changed over millions of years.

There is evidence to the contrary that the climate has changed?

What? No, I'm sorry there is no such evidence that is credible in any way. And there are reams of evidence showing the climate is warming, glaciers are melting and the oceans are rising.

Climate change denier?  You call me that?  I wholeheartedly KNOW the climate changes.  I wholeheartedly KNOW that the increase in mankind and his production has participated in it.  Tell me what I am denying?

I told you that the planets climate has always been changing, and you asked me "why would you believe that?"  And go on to say you have evidence to the contrary.  Which to ME says you deny that the planets climate changed before mankind. I find your question remarkable.

But you parse.  So do I.

(12-02-2015, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:28 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

You seem to continually introduce one thing in to the conversation that has little to do with the point

I think we have done a very good job cleaning up our own environment. Better than ANYONE else? Not too sure about that.

But what has that to do with the fact that we are one of the biggest producers of green house gases.?

There is a recent study (I am not inclined to look it up) that says since 2006, the US has reduced CO2 emissions to 1992 levels, just on Natural Gas usage alone.  This includes a human population increase of 50,000.  The Natural Gas revolution is almost 100% on private land, and is in SPITE of the current administrations all out war of fossil fuel.  It seems to me the private sector is already out doing the government on this issue.

(12-02-2015, 06:40 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Climate change denier?  You call me that?  I wholeheartedly KNOW the climate changes.  I wholeheartedly KNOW that the increase in mankind and his production has participated in it.  Tell me what I am denying?

OK I'm done. I'm not even sure you YOURSELF know where you stand.. WE started off this conversation with you saying..... "I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet."

You can't possibly say that and not know it contradicts the CLIMATE CHANGE that is in the news, that is happening NOW.

Natural progression is what ALL the deniers claims... you know, as opposed to being cause by humans.

SHEESH!!!!!

(12-02-2015, 06:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:40 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Climate change denier?  You call me that?  I wholeheartedly KNOW the climate changes.  I wholeheartedly KNOW that the increase in mankind and his production has participated in it.  Tell me what I am denying?

OK I'm done. I'm not even sure you YOURSELF know where you stand.. WE started off this conversation with you saying..... "I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet."

You can't possibly say that and not know it contradicts the CLIMATE CHANGE that is in the news, that is happening NOW.

Natural progression is what ALL the deniers claims... you know, as opposed to being cause by humans.

SHEESH!!!!!

My God man!!!  YOU have denied that the climate can/has changed NATURALLY!!!!   Laughing

At no point have I denied Man being a part of the problem.  You claim to have science on "your" side, but deny that the Planet, the Sun, and the Solar System might be participating just a little?  Now THAT is denying SCIENCE!!!

(12-02-2015, 07:01 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 06:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:

SHEESH!!!!!

My God man!!!  YOU have denied that the climate can/has changed NATURALLY!!!!   Laughing

At no point have I denied Man being a part of the problem.  You claim to have science on "your" side, but deny that the Planet, the Sun, and the Solar System might be participating just a little?  Now THAT is SCIENCE!!!

You are either playing or you simply aren't too sharp. There is no where that I have denied our climate can and has changed naturally.

I've explained in detail every single thing I have conveyed so far while you are bobbing and weaving all over the place.There is something wrong with you.

(12-02-2015, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Somesones Dad:  I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet.

TVGuy:  OK but why would you believe that? What could possibly make you think this in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

One of us is certainly delusional.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - orygunluvr - 12-02-2015

Just imagine how happy you libs would have been if the ice age had never ended. 

(12-02-2015, 07:22 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Somesones Dad:  I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet.

TVGuy:  OK but why would you believe that? What could possibly make you think this in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

Like I said you are playing. There no way in hell you at that point that you didn't know that I was talking about CLIMATE CHANGE as in Global Warming.

You posted that comment of yours in bold and OUT OF CONTEXT.

You made that comment in response to this remark from me.......
IMO your question asking about what we can to prevent the sun from doing what is does ... Leads me to believe you don't believe climate change is caused by humans and green house gases.

with your comment... "I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet."

Any normal person would take that response to what I just said as someone DENYING Global warming.

Yeah you are playing and being dishonest or you just can't keep up. Drug use prescription or otherwise I don't know but you sir are all over the place.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - orygunluvr - 12-02-2015

So we ignore all the facts of the fake hysteria created by some billionaires looking to cash in on people like you tvguy, and just say that the fake data and computer models are reality? Who gives a fuck what 97% of scientists think, the data has been falsified and no climate prediction to date has been met. I bet you believe in unicorns and just won't admit it tvguy.

(12-02-2015, 08:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 07:22 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Like I said you are playing. There no way in hell you at that point that you didn't know that I was talking about CLIMATE CHANGE as in Global Warming.

You posted that comment of yours in bold and OUT OF CONTEXT.

You made that comment in response to this remark from me.......
IMO your question asking about what we can to prevent the sun from doing what is does ... Leads me to believe you don't believe climate change is caused by humans and green house gases.

with your comment... "I believe the climate changes as a natural progression of the planet."

Any normal person would take that response to what I just said as someone DENYING Global warming.

Yeah you are playing and being dishonest or you just can't keep up. Drug use prescription or otherwise I don't know but you sir are all over the place.

You leave out everything else I followed it with.  I NEVER denied a role for MAN in the change of the climate.

You took the first sentence of a much longer answer to your question, and declared it the sum and total of my answer.  You sir, are being dishonest.

One thing is for certain.  You DON'T know me, or you never would have posted something as ludicrous as an accusation of drug use against me. Laughing

Re read my FULL answer, and maybe (unlikely, given your MO) you would apologize.

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 12-02-2015

Man is not changing the weather.

I am.
I build a weather machine. It's all my bad.
Sorry

RE: Record Breaking Weather - chuck white - 12-02-2015

Quote:The heaviest rainfall in over a century caused massive flooding across the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, driving thousands from their homes, shutting auto factories and paralysing the airport in the state capital Chennai.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/12/02/us-india-flood-idUSKBN0TL0CW20151202

RE: Record Breaking Weather - tvguy - 12-03-2015

(12-02-2015, 08:16 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So we ignore all the facts of the fake hysteria created by some billionaires looking to cash in on people like you tvguy, and just say that the fake data and computer models are reality? Who gives a fuck what 97% of scientists think, the data has been falsified and no climate prediction to date has been met. I bet you believe in unicorns and just won't admit it tvguy.

Exactly OL Who gives a fuck what 97% of scientists think when you right wing retards have Rush limbaugh.